KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#140037 03/22/17 05:44 PM
Kegir Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Hey team KGB,

Anyone still playing? Family name is Kegir. Leveling up a wiz lightning fast with all the loyal and attendance perks. I just returned to gaming. Used tax money to build new rig after mine died months ago. Ready to crush :) send tell or post here.

Play To Crush!
Kegir #140039 03/23/17 09:26 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Welcome back!

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Kegir #140045 03/23/17 01:52 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Welcome back Kegir!

Yes we still are actively playing BDO and have a small to medium sized but active faction in-game. We moved from TeamSpeak to Discord for primary game-comms (due to world boss announcement channels being in Discord, so it will be best to hook up there for voice.

Owain, Evy, myself (or other officers) can give you a guild-invite in-game, but you will need to be on the same channel and coordinate with them for it. Typically we play on the Balenos 5 channel (as a primary).

Here is a link to join in Discord. Like TeamSpeak it will put you in "General" chat; until someone with officer rights can grant you full access.

Discord Join: https://discord.gg/xThgD3g

Note: Not sure if you have ever used Discord, but it has a web or client based app (also works on tablet/phone/etc) - if you don't have an account you can sign up for one using the link, if you already have one - log into it and use the link to get access. PM me if you have any questions/problems!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Taxman #140049 03/23/17 04:51 PM
Kegir Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Thanks guys it's been years since I've used discord so I will hook it up. Right now I have been playing on the bonus exp channel but will come find KGB on balenos tonight after work.

Play To Crush!
Kegir #140406 05/15/17 06:03 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Hello folks, I am also looking for a new game to play with KGB. I stopped playing AA several months back & haven't played anything since. How does BDO stack up? Do you buy it, or is it a subscription based game where you have to pay each month? I don't mind buying a game or even maybe paying a monthly subscription but i don't want to play another game setup like Archeage to rob customers... So I'd appreciate any feedback on BDO. I'm also considering SoTA, & I have Star Citizen but neither of them are actually ready.

Thx, & looking forward to seeing you guys & gals in game again!

Cy-Guy
Kegir #140408 05/15/17 08:21 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Hello Cyrix!

Well, BDO for the US is currently a buy to play (on the cheap side) - game packages are available for $10/$30/$50 depending on what you want to be included (digital bonus items/etc). I will shoot you over a key in a PM for a 7 day eval and you can check the game out for nothing!
beer

As for the game itself - I have been (and most of the KGB folks in-game) playing BDO for more than a year. It has "active" combat system, so no tab-targeting and mashing 1..2..3...1..2...3; additionally no telecasting of attacks (with colored circles/etc) on the ground. You can actively see what is going on in-game and you need to react (get out of the attack AOE) or counter it.

Here is a good video talking about the combat system:

We don't have a HUGE group of people playing BDO (as compared to ArcheAge) - so most folks are concentrated with leveling their gear and helping each other out (and new players) to get characters leveled and have fun playing the game. There is a TON of stuff you can do in-game outside of just leveling; questing, crafting, horse-training, and other things.

Personally, I would say in general - about the only down-side to BDO is that you can't get gear/items in-game from other players(guild) so you do need to pretty much work on your gear on your own. There are tons of ways to do that; and lots of great KGB folks are in-game and able to help you get going. There isn't any "pay to win" mechanic in-game, so throwing your credit card at it won't help (I call that a feature though personally - some may disagree from other games).

Our faction has elected to use Discord for in-game comms; mostly because the world-boss announcements are broadcast by other players on discord channels that you can subscribe to if you want notification. I will shoot you the details of how to get in there via PM as well (if it isn't above already).

I am also VERY excited for Star Citizen - backed it in Kickstarter, along with SoTA. SoTA ended up kind of becoming a game that diverged from the original Kickstarter idea/concept quite a bit. It is still in Beta, so not "out" yet - but if you buy in you can play. We do have a few BDO folks playing that - and Star Citizen off and on (some weekends) - so yea, maybe coming to BDO and hanging out with us might be a GREAT way to get a bit of game time in while we are working towards Star Citizen release.

Hope to see you in-game!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
Kegir #140416 05/16/17 02:56 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I am in the game quite a bit, so once you get past the newbie area, if you need a hand, or just have questions, my main character is Yarwain AbArawn.

That said, I will be out of town for a few days, so send me a PM with your character name so I can look you up when I get back. :)

Last edited by Owain; 05/16/17 02:57 PM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Kegir #140470 05/21/17 06:06 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Hop into Discord when you are online - we can help you to target certain areas/mobs if you are looking for rapid progression. If you are after slow building - then just follow the quest-log through the areas.

In BDO a majority of your leveling XP will come from killing mobs, so focusing on the "right" ones per your character level is important. Quest completion gives you XP for other things (not character level related), so kind of a difference from other MMO's.

Taxman

Link Copied to Clipboard