KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 24 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Morgus
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,008,018 Trump card
1,337,852 Picture Thread
477,360 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
If the Faction is made closed, then you will live under the organisation you swore to support and defend. How can any object to the performance of their sworn duty?

Last edited by Owain; 07/26/16 08:17 AM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Yes if the faction is closed then everyone must fall under the flag of KGB.

Luckily for everyone involved, the faction was never closed.

When the first set of officers (including me) attempted to get the faction closed we were told we would have to wait for a set amount of time, we were also told we had to reach an active membership quota. The time constraint was met but we never had the membership to get the guild off the ground. Not only that, the hardcore aspect of the guild, which was the officer core, got fed up with the lack of activity among its member and all left. This to me was the final nail in the coffin, that is when we should have called it.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The faction can be made closed at any time, by the command of the King.

In the case of KGB BDO, the status of Open Faction has resulted in divided loyalties, to the point where we are actually debating the best practices by which we may murder each other.

This is a malignant development that requires strong measures, which is why I strongly recommend that by the command of the King, KGB BDO be declared a Closed Faction.

If the faction fails, then it fails due to enemy action, and honor is preserved. We will not have failed through fratricide and civil war.

Last edited by Owain; 07/26/16 08:54 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Why should the BDO "faction" be treated special in this instance. It has not met the minimum requirements to become a closed faction and I would question any and all actions Jet took to close this faction after all the hardship the original officers went through to have it closed.

Trust me, I desperately wanted this to be a game that had longevity, unfortunately it didn't turn out that way.

Last edited by Goriom; 07/26/16 09:01 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Perhaps this faction should be treated differently because different circumstances have arisen that threaten the very fabric of the KGB, and strong measures are required.

Making KGB a closed faction will eliminate the divided loyalties. Closing KGB BDO altogether will accomplish the same thing, but under no circumstances should we condone continued fratricide.

If the faction is abandoned, then let the KGB Archives record that the faction failed because KGB members could not be dissuaded from murdering their comrades.

It is a black mark upon our history.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Again there is no reason to give special treatment to the BDO "faction"

This is so inconsequential that it won't even be registered in any archives.

You have to see by now that the person who left, did so not because of what happened at the Node War but because of the drama people stirred because of "traitorous turn coats". For someone who likes to believe he is among brothers, you sure are quick to send them to the guillotine.

This is not fratricide, this is nothing more than friends being competitive against one another. If you see any KGB members out in a node war, you have every right to step out and not partake. The second you decide to join in on the battle, you consent.

Last edited by Goriom; 07/26/16 09:26 AM.
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
You know, that last thing I am going to say on this matter is... (and I want this on the "record" so people know where I stand)

I believe any guild is composed of its members, not its leadership. You wouldn't have a KGB if it was comprised of just its higher brass. Don't be so gung-ho about the rules, they exist for a reason but they can be ignored or changed dependent on the case. We want people to have fun. Sometimes we will have official factions and we will all get to play with each other. Other times, we will be divided in a game where KGB has no real presence, and that is ok as well. It is ok because at the end of the day, you are among friends.

With all that being said... I am saddened at the lost of a great member and this drama needs to end. So I will be the change I want and end the drama by bowing out.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Right Owain, but what caused those divided loyalties? Officers and members going behind each others backs and talking about and backstabbing each other, instead of attempting to debate and correct issues as reasonable adults. Not only did people have different playstyles and expectations going into this game, but from the get go there were cliques internally within this faction such as NTC,"old school kgb", ect. While some members may have put KGB as a whole in the front of their minds, others did not.

While I think the consensual pvp is a very big issue, and has been addressed by now I would hope, and should be treated as separate issue on its own. I think it has served as a catalyst that has brought some other feelings to the surface. It's important that the pvp issue be solved and and addressed, but people need to step back and separate those other feelings from that the pvp issue, and then objectively approach them in a calm manner.

It should be mentioned I have no vested interest in this faction, I left early on when work came a calling, so I'm trying my best here to take an unbiased stance, but one that will hopefully bring to light issues that can improve KGB going forward- but I have been approached by several people over the last few months(members of different "cliques"- NTC, older KGB.) essentially venting their feelings and frustrations (I'm not alone is this, there are a few others who have had the same experience). While I kept what was said private, so as not to stir up even more feeling, it has now hit a point of critical mass. Out of respect for those who came venting, I'll keep what was said private.

I tried to stay out of this, not make it my business. But when I see people I've come to consider my friends over the years get to a point they consider resigning, or actually do resign- you bet your sweet ass it's become my business.

Going forward the the absolute best thing Jet could possibly due is declare this faction braindead: 1.) So he doesn't have to babysit the children anymore, and 2.) So people start thinking of each other as equals again.

Even if there is no faction, the lethality guys can still keep playing together if yall are having fun there- that doesn't have to stop, the only thing that has to be done for for you all to come up with an agreement internally amongst yourselves that prevents you from violating General Order 2, which I think is the only thing Jet's official response really wanted you guys to do in the first place.

Then going forward,what steps can be taken to prevent this from happening again? While the KGB has an awesome setup (Constitution, Rights, ect) which I think is the best system out there, hell that's why I came to KGB in the first place and why I'm still here. That said though, even the best system has its problems. BDO I think has brought some of those issues to light, just like GW2 did. What changes need to be made? I don't know, that's the job of the Senate to debate, which I really do hope they review the system and improve it for future factions. Ecspecially in the sense of faction creation and maintenance. Things like minimum membership requirements, processes for creating a faction that are spur-of-the-moment and not pre-planned, a review of High Chancellor powers in an Open faction (I think this issue in particular needs a review to accomodate modern games, frankly it seems quite akward to me and needs better definitions.)

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The KGB is composed of its members, which is why input has been requested in the open forum, and why I am submitting my input.

The laws by which we are governed were written, amended, and approved by the consent of the membership as well, and the brass as you call them, are approved of by the consent of the membership as well.

I fully agree that the rules can be changed as necessary, and they have changed over time, but until they are changed, by the consent of the membership, they should be strictly enforced, otherwise there is no reason to have laws at all.

The only exception I am aware of is that the King, by decree, may arrive at whatever decision he feels is best. I have not always agreed with such decrees, but i have always obeyed, because that is my sworn duty, and the duty of every KGB ciizen.

Any member of the KGB who chafes at the performance of their sworn duty needs to carefully examine their own motivations.

I would rather have only one sworn Battle Brother at my side than a legion of those with divided loyalties.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Goriom - is it even POSSIBLE for you to understand....

---------> THERE IS AN ACTIVE KGB PRESENCE IN BDO <--------------

If you are NOT one of the knights involved - then really you have ZERO say in what the Knights whom ARE actively playing should do.

The people involved HAVE talked with JetStar, and HE HAS SPOKEN. If you have a beef with that - take it up with the Senate.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard