KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Owain
For one thing, I will disagree with Jetstar that nonconsensual PvP has anything to do with harassment. The meaning of the word is self explanatory.

No consent. I will never consent to being attacked by another KGB citizen in a combat situation. Training, yes. Not when in active contact with the enemy.

Do we have so few enemies trying to kill us that we need to be attacking our own members while we are also fighting actual enemies? Certainly not in Black Desert Online.

For that matter, I don't grant my enemies consent to attack me. When that happens, I try to kill the fuck out of them for even trying. Sometimes I succeed. Sometimes I do not.

What I really don't need at times like that is to have members of my own guild trying to kill me at the same time.

I am amazed that we are even having this discussion. What has this guild come to?

One question came up. I am curious how you would approach it. You are in rival guilds in an open faction and there is a node war. What do you do when you come across a rival KGBer?

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
To be honest I didn't realize that "rival KGB'er" was even a possible title for someone. I'm still relatively new of a member and only played ArcheAge with the community but I definitely remember strict rules against killing even our "Alt" guild which had Archeage members that fell under the conscript basis. I don't know alot about the BDO game itself but I definitely think there will be a major divide if we are becoming "rivals" with one another inside of a video game. I've seen other "legacy communities" pretty much divide in half over situations where "friendly" pvp got out of hand and hurt feelings erupted. Being of a pvp based mindset myself, I'd prefer to know who my enemies were, pray they were plentiful, and go out of my way to upset them. Before I left Archage, I had slacked off quite significantly from my normal psychological warfare techniques. (Remember an emotional opponent is a non-logical target.) That being said, I do believe PVP has a consent factor inherently in it. By simply logging into a game that has PVP capabilities you are giving your consent to that possibility. For Archeage, you knew that certain zones were open to combat and if you didn't PVP you stayed away from them. In a game like DFO the situation was a little different. People played DFO strictly for the PVP. So what I'm trying to say is that I do see both sides of the situation. I wouldn't expect to be the first target of a fellow KGB Knight if I were to come across them while in a different faction but at the same time they would know your strengths and weaknesses so it would be instinctual to take that person out in order of their vulnerability. I doubt this helps at all but it's just my two cents worth.

KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Bubba
To be honest I didn't realize that "rival KGB'er" was even a possible title for someone. I'm still relatively new of a member and only played ArcheAge with the community but I definitely remember strict rules against killing even our "Alt" guild which had Archeage members that fell under the conscript basis.

That would apply in BDO as well if there was a proper faction but lets be honest here, there is no faction in BDO.

I think the root of the issue is that people still think there is one but how can that be? You can't force loyalty to a third party guild that has its own set of rules and guild structure.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
There is an Open Faction in BDO under the command of Taxman and his subordinate commanders. We are allied with Lethality, temporarily flying their colors under the authority of Taxman, the commander appointed to this faction by the High King.

It is not our place to question the orders of those lawfully appointed to command. Our duty under Article 3 of the Code of Conduct is to obey the legal commands given us. We may debate the wisdom of those commands on the forums, always seeking to learn from our choices, but when the command has been given and confirmed, it is to be obeyed.

If people will not accept Lethality, even as an association of convenience, then I propose we go back to a Closed Faction on Black Desert, so there will be no question of competing guild association. There will be one one guild association permitted, that of the KGB.

If that means we die due to insufficient numbers, then we die.

Better to die at the hands of an actual enemy than at the hands of one who should be a Battle Brother.

That way lies Heresy, and the Taint of Chaos.

Last edited by Owain; 07/26/16 07:32 AM.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
S
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
S
I honestly just wish we could Kick off our own KGB in BDO one day again with Full Dedication and willingness to follow the Structure & rules needed to be Successful I am really disappointed seeing the many amazing & great players who have been brought in to only see them leave shortly after becoming a full member because things have as of lately been a little sour and I don't want to see this happen to any of us here I want us to be the KGB we always have been & get to kicking ass again.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Owain
There is an Open Faction in BDO under the command of Taxman and his subordinate commanders. We are allied with Lethality, temporarily flying their colors under the authority of Taxman, the commander appointed to this faction by the High King.

It is not our place to question the orders of those lawfully appointed to command. Our duty under Article 3 of the Code of Conduct is to obey the legal commands given us. We may debate the wisdom of those commands on the forums, always seeking to learn from our choices, but when the command has been given and confirmed, it is to be obeyed.

If people will not accept Lethality, even as an association of convenience, then I propose we go back to a Closed Faction on Black Desert, so there will be no question of competing guild association. There will be one one guild association permitted, that of the KGB.

If that means we die due to insufficient numbers, then we die.

Better to die at the hands of an actual enemy than at the hands of one who should be a Battle Brother.

That way lies Heresy, and the Taint of Chaos.

Respectfully Owain,

There was never a closed faction in BDO, it has always been open. BDO kind of happened over night, there was no pre-planning like we had in darkfall or archeage. So out of respect for the knights who already had plans to be playing with their friends or other guilds (again there was no plans for kgb to even be in BDO), we chose to remain open until a time that we could prove we had sufficient numbers and stability.

You should demonstrate a minimum viable product and actual stability before you even consider going closed at this point. There's already a few knights on the fence of resigning over this drama, going closed and forcing the others to come to a shaky faction that would probably fall apart shortly after really would be the tipping point in even more knights resigning.

Last edited by Selenian; 07/26/16 07:46 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
How can there be stability when we have Brother killing Brother?

Make it Closed. If we die, we die together.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Selenian
[quote=Owain] There's already a few knights on the fence of resigning over this drama, going closed and forcing the others to come to a shaky faction that would probably fall apart shortly after really would be the tipping point in even more knights resigning.

We already lost someone due to this drama. I'm afraid we may lose more.

I believe being a proper knight in this guild requires us to sometimes question rules and leadership decisions. Blindly following orders was something I surely did not sign up for. And applying every rule as black and white will ultimately lead us to ruin.

Last edited by Goriom; 07/26/16 07:57 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Fratricide will not lead us to ruin?

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
No, I wholeheartedly do not believe so. We are adults here and we understand that in games where we don't have a KGB presence, that people are going to join different guilds. We can be competitive with one another without it leading to issues. If something arises, we will deal with it as adults.

Not being able to play the way you want is what I believe is going to lead us into murky waters. Who wants to live in a dictatorship?

Page 2 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Link Copied to Clipboard