KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 40 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,018,041 Trump card
1,338,954 Picture Thread
477,838 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Selenian
@Evy-

These are the requirements copied directly from Lethality's website:

Level & AP/DP
1. Level 55+
2. 280 AP/DP Combined
3. If you're Under 55 you have 1 week to hit 55 when invited.​
Player Activity
We are looking for players who are Semi Hardcore, and play 20+ hours a week.​
Play Times
Our Main Playtime hours are 7:00 pm EST too 1:00 am EST​
Guild Goals
1. Node Wars
2. Castle Sieges​
Anti PK Guild
We don't PK randomly, If you're caught causing trouble with other guilds, by randomly PK'ing players than you will be removed. The only time you should forcefully slaughter anyone is after you ask them to leave your farming spot.​
Guild Quests
We have Guild Quest Divisions, you are required to do the Guild Quests on your day. If you're a floater you need to do them when you are on, and they are up. If you miss your day, you should do the next days. During the Weekend We will do Crafting/Gathering Quests that anyone can do. These are easy to do with alts.​
Weekly Contribution
Goal = 5,000 a Week​
Call To Arms
If a Call to Arms is called, if you are not currently in a Grind or Scroll Group, you should help out with the Call to Arms, and defend Lethality in PvP. Only The Officers and PvP Officers may call a Call to Arms.

Their "casual" friendly guild, while more lenient, still has pretty strict rules:
At least 12 hours a week + 3000 contribution weekly.

When I played, contribution was very hard for me to get- because of my akward play schedule, makes that guild pretty much a no go off the get go.

Furthermore, when we started BDO (was roughly 45 people at the start) it became very clear that most of the guild, 2/3's or more even wanted to approach the game in a very casual, "second game" fashion. At the same time, there was a smaller minority who wanted a strong hardcore, more pvp centralized game. That minority ended up being more vocal, and really drove several people away (plus typical game burn).

Like I said, alot of miscommuntication all around, not trying to pick fights here- but there are two sides of any arguments here.

I fully back Jet's stance there should be no tolerance to non-consensual pvp, but at the same time- there needs to be a little more understanding for those who aren't in Lethality.

Right now it is very one sided, and there are several questions that should be answered and looked at going forward, not only to resolve this issue- but to prevent it from happening again in the future. Some questions like: how many kgb knights are currently in Lethality? How many knights are still active overall in BDO? What constitutes a faction after mass exodus? Should there be a minimum number of knights required to keep an official faction?

That last question is something I'd really like to see the senate explore, and intend make a formal proposal to the senate in the near future.
​

Agree those are the main guilds rules for joining, but they were also lenient towards the KBG members that wanted to join the main guild. Plus it really isn't difficult to reach a 250 GS. Most guilds require 350GS or higher, 12000 weekly guild activity, PK/flagging required, some also require you farm specific drops that can take hours/days to drop, because they want every member with jewelry that is at least a Tri or better, add in x5 or more Ancient scrolls daily and everything else that's involved in the game in order to join their guild.
So if you think Lethalitys requirements for a main guild are unreasonable, you might have a heart attack with the requirements main hardcore guilds have in place.

As a matter a fact Lethality just allowed a new member that recently moved to Edans server and he meets none of the guild requirements, but they still allowed him in. So they might have the rules for recruiting purposes, but they are also lenient and give players the opportunity to take part within the main guild too.

They put up guild missions daily, everyone online has the option to partake in whatever guild activity. 5000 activity is basically partaking of 1 or 2 guild missions per week.

The sister guild does not have those requirements in place as of yet. They do however toss up guild activities for any member that wishes to partake.

They have 2 guilds set up for this reason, so that each player can choose where they feel most comfortable.

Compared to some of the other guilds playing on Edan, the requirements set by the main guild aren't unreasonable and it would not surprise me if their requirements went up with all the new content/loot that was recently added.

But enough of what Lethality or any other guild on BDO requires.

The main reason all the active members within KGB decided to join Lethality was because they knew we could not offer content with the few numbers we had representing under the KGB flag.
Everyone actively playing was asked what they wanted , everyone was helped with joining the guild they felt best suited their play time.

As a matter a fact Tam-Lin took part in the officer meeting with Lethality before we decided to join, because he had questions of his own which got answered by the Lethality officers.

Again this is besides the point.

My only concern here is that I was not aware of Tam-Lins decision to leave the guild we all agreed to join, without making any of the active BDO members aware of his decision.

I'm not saying he should have stayed in a guild he isn't happy in, but it would have been nice to know he had left, since he hasn't really chatted or communicated with any of us since we joined.

I'm not mad or out to get Tam-Lin, he seems like a nice guy with the few times I got to hear him speaking on TS. But I can't say I know him personally, because he pretty much stayed to himself.
And I as I said in an earlier post, I won't interfere with how anyone decides to play. I took it he was the quiet type and preferred to do things on his own.
Not saying there is anything wrong with soloing.
I tend to have days where I prefer to just stay quiet and do my own thing too.
But if something upset me, I would have let other KGB members know that I was leaving or the reasons why I left within a day or so. Again this is how I would have personally handled it.

At least now I know Tam-Lin isn't within the same guild and personally. I will not PvP a KGB member no matter what guild they are in.

Evy Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Originally Posted By: Tamlin
JetStar,

Even though other members of KGB attacked me in a PvP contest, I don't wish to hold that against them.

I wouldn't feel right if they were removed from the KGB due to attacking a fellow KGB member in a game without a faction.

To be honest I had no idea you had left Lethality prior to the node war happening and as far as I know, I never attacked you, but I was repeatedly killed by you as soon as I spawned at our base. Which completely had me confused since I couldn't understand how it was possible for a member to kill another member within the same guild.
As soon as the war was over , I quickly went to check the guild roster and asked the Lethality officers if Tam-Lin had left and they replied with : He left a few days ago when we asked him to change channels because he was getting attacked.

Lethality had an agreement with PRX , that they would stay off said channel in order to avoid conflicts between the guilds.

I never had a chance to attack, since our base was completely flooded with opposing players. I would rezz at our base, cast heals and die in that order, so getting killed and having your name show up most of the time really tossed me for a loop.

That said I don't hold it against you, it was a node war you were on the opposing side. Just wish you would have said something to any of the KBG members that play BDO so we could have opted to remove ourselves from the war to avoid all this drama.

Either way at least now I am aware of the status and I will not PVP against a KGB member in any game.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Okay folks, I am going to put a lock on this discussion.

Way too much negative going on here – I truly respect everyone’s opinion, but if you have issues regarding KGB policy – take it up with the Senate.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Page 6 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard