KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 31 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Decon Black
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,988,697 Trump card
1,324,443 Picture Thread
474,043 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
The Senate has not yet met concerning this matter, but instead, the High King has contacted me, and this is his will.

According to The KGB Bill of Rights and Code of conduct.

Quote:
General Order 2: "Thou shalt swear faith to no other nation but KGB”

OPEN FACTION

In worlds where the KGB does not have an OFFICIAL FACTION presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB (for instance, you are a member of the XXX organization in a game called Kill Everyone Online, and the KGB is a foe of XXX in another world). If KGB leadership determines there is a conflict of interest, then you would be asked to either leave the other organization, or renounce your KGB citizenship. In worlds that KGB has or had an OFFICIAL FACTION or had a presence, the (GM10) High King / High Queen or (GM5) King / Queen may declare a OFFICIAL FACTION to be OPEN. This releases KGB citizens from the normal requirements of General Order 2 in that game / server, even though there is a KGB presence in that territory. This means that a KGB citizen may be a member of another guild in that region that has been declared OPEN, subject to the following restrictions:
  • You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time.
  • You may never use KGB resources (Web, Voice Communications, etc) against the KGB or any KGB member at any time. Such actions will be considered treason and dealt with per the KGB constitution.
  • KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight. You must forfeit any leadership achieved at the time you join another organization. At any time, you may decide to give up those affiliations and become eligible for leadership and military advancement.

Participation in a BDO node war does NOT mean that the combat is consensual. If you take the field in opposition to another KGB Knight, and engage in combat, you are in violation of the Law.

Given the confusion concerning the Law, no charges will be brought, but future violations WILL BE PROSECUTED.

To avoid future violations, all KGB Knights should strongly consider uniting under a single banner. In this instance, that order is the banner of Lethality until such time High Chancellor Taxman orders differently. If you cannot, you should never take the field against that banner, or you risk violating the Law.

In this instance, I would consider General Order 3.

Quote:
General Order 3: "I will obey the lawful orders of those in leadership positions."

To Tamlin and any other KGB Knight on Black Desert Online currently not under Lethality banner, where do your priorities lie? Is your standing in the Leader Boards more important than your obligation and Oath to the KGB Nation?

Does your standing in the Leader Board have to be made over the bodies of KGB Knights?

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
What gives another person the right to pledge my fealty to a third party? I do not even give my husband of 27 years that right.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Anisa
What gives another person the right to pledge my fealty to a third party? I do not even give my husband of 27 years that right.

Your fealty remains to the KGB, under the command of High Chancellor Taxman. At this time, the KGB under his command operate under the Lethality banner due to the nature of BDO Node Warfare.

I consider the relationship akin to that of the United States Navy and the United States Marines. The Marines operate in association with the Navy, but have their own rank structure, mission, training, and so forth.

In the future, should KGB participation justify the change, KGB forces will operate under the KGB banner, and no doubt will remain allied with Lethality. Until that time, KGB forces should consolidate under the command of Taxman operating under the Lethality banner.

Since BDO is an Open Faction, it is not required, but what IS required is that KGB Knights uphold their obligation under the Law. KGB forces operating under the command of Taxman will follow their orders in accordance with General Order 3. Those in other organizations risk violating the Law if they engage KGB Knights under his command in combat.

The easiest way to avoid violations is to be under the command of High Chancellor Taxman. Otherwise, should you see the Lethality banner on the field, you should immediately disengage.

Last edited by Owain; 07/25/16 07:27 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
but the BDO faction has been mothballed, how has taxman retained his High Chancellorship being in another guild?

3. KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight.

Furthermore since we are applying the rules so black and white, what is the punishment for all the KGB members in lethality going to be?

"In worlds where the KGB does not have an OFFICIAL FACTION presence, your affiliation with other organizations must remain anonymous and not be in conflict with KGB"

Last edited by Goriom; 07/25/16 07:35 AM.
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Goriom
but the BDO faction has been mothballed, how has taxman retained his High Chancellorship?

That is a misnomer, and an unfortunate misnomer. KGB BDO is an Open Faction. I have posted the rules regarding an Open Faction above.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Owain
Originally Posted By: Goriom
but the BDO faction has been mothballed, how has taxman retained his High Chancellorship?

That is a misnomer, and an unfortunate misnomer. KGB BDO is an Open Faction. I have posted the rules regarding an Open Faction above.

regardless, he cannot be a high chancellor

3. KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I suggest you take it up with the High King. Jetstar still considers Taxman to be High Chancellor of the the KGB BDO Open Faction.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
Then I shall because this means that leadership is not held to the same set of rules everyone else is. If I need to, I will bring it to the senate, the supreme court, and the High King and Queen.

Or... we can just realize that these rules shouldn't be applied so black and white and I will drop the whole thing.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Again, the relationship with Lethality is one of convenience. They have graciously extended their hospitality to the KGB so that we may remain allied and participate in BDO Node Wars. Regardless, KGB BDO is an Open Faction under the command of High Chancellor Taxman in accordance with the will of the High King, Jetstar deKGB.

As a member of the KGB Senate, I think I can speak with confidence that this is the case.

Last edited by Owain; 07/25/16 07:48 AM.

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Mug Offline
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I am with Tamlin here. If the KGB BDO faction has mothballed and members chose to go to other guilds he should have the same right to go to the guild he is comfortable with. Its not like he is PKing anyone out grinding or farming mobs to level. I dint read any reports of him boasting about killing any members or conscripts. Node wars flags every guild red against each other and thats the object of the battle. Thats why we play a Pvp game for the Pvp. Dont get so caught up in Pixel death its not real. Also with people wearing Guile suits concealing their names and guild tags along with Aoe spells you dont even know who your killing at times. I will also guess that no one in Lithality said hold your fire thats Tamlin. Please people enjoy the game and the time and money you have invested.

Page 3 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Link Copied to Clipboard