KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 25 guests, and 13 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,671 Trump card
1,341,933 Picture Thread
479,472 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight

This past week was pretty rough for the BDO Faction. We lost a group of our most active players (and recent KGB Knights) because KGB was not actively participating in Black Desert Online. They have played with us in past games and expected to see a LOT more active folks to show up and support the game once Valencia and the sieging (Node Wars) had begun. Sadly, this has not been the case (for many reasons I suppose). With the onset of sieges; KGB was only able to field 10-15 players vs. 30 or more for alliance or opponent guilds:

"We fought him hard we fought him well
Out on the plains we gave him hell"

With the loss of those 6; we are now looking at bringing under 10 Knights to the fight. Just after working so hard to claim a node in the BDO sieges - we simply can't sustain the numbers of players participating in KGB to maintain our seat with the alliance either.

This is NOT what I wanted to do; but as a High Chancellor I must listen to the Officers/Knights that are actively playing in the Faction that I represent. After discussion with the BDO officers and active KGB members; the BDO players are going to move over to one of our allied guilds called "Lethality". Lethality shares our core KGB values and have a larger and active player base in-game; more so than others that we looked at. Additionally, they have a PVE / Sister guild for folks whom are building their character/gear up or not interested in PVP as much. There will be a LOT more players to interact with in the guild from all time zones. As a result there will be more folks to run groups, scrolls, and game with.

Once folks have migrated over or have been dropped from the roles, the GM position will be transferred over to an account that was provided by Helemoto for KGB to use. We will keep the KGB guild alive there for future use if more people decide to join us in playing. But until we get the numbers and active participation up; we simply cannot sustain or represent our KGB tag in Black Desert Online.

Lethality requirements: < link >

The two divisions: < PVP > or < PVE/Sister Guild >

When applying, put (KGB) after your player name.. that will get you bumped to ASAP processing.

NOTE: Lethality does have STRICT requirements for participation and being in TeamSpeak, if you do not - you WILL be dropped.

I will be contacting the Knights whom currently logging into BDO, but not using TS, and let them know of the change. Conscripts that are still non-compliant with our TeamSpeak requirements will be dropped from KGB Faction in BDO. That way we will not have anyone flying the KGB name in BDO that is non-representative.

Hopefully, this is just a temporary thing - but I need to make certain that our ACTIVE BDO members do have someplace to play the game that they enjoy!

Any questions/concerns, voice them below or PM me.

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Thanks Tax, I am planning on playing, just one of these days kind of thing. I appreciate all the work you did for KGB/continue doing. Hang tough, this one just didn't grab the attention of many, mostly due to Archage burnout and a fear of the same kind of crap storm coming along.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
That's a pity. I was just hitting my stride after a 6 week vacation layoff.

To the everlasting glory of the infantry...

Owain ab Arawn
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Taxman Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
Thanks Tax, I am planning on playing, just one of these days kind of thing. I appreciate all the work you did for KGB/continue doing. Hang tough, this one just didn't grab the attention of many, mostly due to Archage burnout and a fear of the same kind of crap storm coming along.

Thanks Vuldan, no worries - I know that I will be there playing for a while and there are quite a few of us having fun with BDO. The only problem was there wasn't enough of us to be able to keep the higher-leveled folks working to represent KGB.

Hopefully we can get enough KGB folks in-game eventually to fire the faction back up again. For now this will give the folks whom are actively playing a place to do so. For PVP and capturing/holding territory you need to have numbers, in many ways reminds me a lot of Ultima Online except you have to put a lot more work into your gear (but you get to keep it for the most part when you die). I know what you mean about ArcheAge - hope that works out for what has been going on in there. I know that long-term I am personally most excited about Star Citizen so BDO is just filling a gap until that hits.

Originally Posted By: Owain
That's a pity. I was just hitting my stride after a 6 week vacation layoff.

Owain - no worries, all of the rest of us are still there! Definitely can keep working with ya to get your levels and gear built up. Warriors are GREAT in BDO. We need ya on the shield wall! One of our latest epic moments in a node war (we ended up losing - but it was fun anyway) was pushing into the enemy base with walls of Ranger arrows raining down as we advanced into their base. I really should have snapped some photos, it was right out of the movie 300! Except in our case though; it was 10! At one point Alira hopped into the enemy base and SOLO-tanked them all for nearly 2 minutes while we rained hell down upon them and the mage/witch/sorcerers blasted them! It really was an epic sight to see!

Taxman

"Any group is weaker than a man alone unless they are perfectly trained to work together."
- Robert A. Heinlein, Starship Troopers

Link Copied to Clipboard