KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
JetStar Offline OP
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
OP Offline
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Discord Administrator
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
I am really considering getting the front Living quarters but it probably serves no purpose.

Last edited by Goriom; 08/10/15 03:50 PM.
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
You can't blame them. No matter how obscene the digital offering of pixels for cash, the community of SC continues to eat it up and fork over cash without much hesitation. It also doesn't hurt that the white knight's are so numerous and strong over there that you can't fart loudly without being called out.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Originally Posted By: Tasorin
You can't blame them. No matter how obscene the digital offering of pixels for cash, the community of SC continues to eat it up and fork over cash without much hesitation. It also doesn't hurt that the white knight's are so numerous and strong over there that you can't fart loudly without being called out.

Very true. I looked at those modules, but I see no real reason to spend money to change my room design of a ship. Especially since I have no idea what I'm using the damn thing for. Though the drop ship room for troops was kinda cool.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Originally Posted By: Zhou
Originally Posted By: Tasorin

Very true. I looked at those modules, but I see no real reason to spend money to change my room design of a ship. Especially since I have no idea what I'm using the damn thing for. Though the drop ship room for troops was kinda cool.

Yeah it looks like that is an attempt to monetize the hype for the FPS and Boarding aspect of the title currently in works. The problem I have with this sales campaign, as you have stated, is that A) I don't know what I am going to focus on with a hull type and B) I can purchase these mods in game after live launch of the PU.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
We had a talk about this the other night in TS... about the dropship module. Really what is stopping someone from loading up 20 people in a smaller ship? Do you really need the module to move more people? Unless I've missed a mechanic somewhere I've never read anything about limiting how many people can get on board, even though ships have a crew #.

The dropship module mentions like an ammo rack, weapons, recharge station, etc. but I think if you have your rag tag team drop ship team your team members are going to have their own setup of weapons they prefer anyway, so what benefit does that weapon rack really bring. You could just bring some ammo cargo on your smaller ship.

Just some speculation ;) correct me if they have mentioned something about max number of people that can board a ship.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
on RTV someone asked about stuffing a ship full of players and was told that this would overload the life support

they also appear to have turned against voice attack seeing it as a macro program flying your ship for you this is a real swap on what they have said before

they did say that they liked the idea of vocal commands for your wingman just not for your ship

posted from Kent

Last edited by Instrument; 08/15/15 12:33 AM.
Z
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Z
Originally Posted By: Instrument
they also appear to have turned against voice attack seeing it as a macro program flying your ship for you this is a real swap on what they have said before

That's unfortunate. I own Elite:Dangerous and one of the highlights of that game is using VoiceAttack for numerous commands. I went full-nerd and incorporated sounds from Star Trek for various commands as well that really help sell the immersive nature of the game. I've got my red alert klaxons, various energy charging sounds for engaging weapons and computer bloops and bleeps for engaging/disengaging landing gear, going to warp or contacting stations for docking permission.

Hopefully they change their tune back to supporting voice commands. With all of the other futuristic tech being used in the game, how is it they haven't developed voice command technology in the SC universe?

-Hadrik Hardhammer, FFXIV | -Zsane, Archeage (Retired) | Steam: KGB Zane | E-mail: Zane@ecsinc.com | Currently on Tap: Empty Keg :(
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
CIG can't stop the user side macro's so it really doesn't matter what there stance is. I get it though from there stand point. Its a definite combat advantage to have a robust VC as it reduces tact time to effect a command. When you are in the pew-pew, MS count and is the difference between being in a bad spot or a good spot for ACM, which equates to shot's on target.

They probably made the decision predicated on a bunch of back room trash talk by the purist white knights in the Sub Den who want you to go through the physical skulduggery of unloading your cargo, because I need a Longshoreman Simulator in my space pew pew title.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I actually support the unloading of cargo.

I don't want it to be something that takes forever but I certainly don't want it to be something that happens instantly.

Perhaps being able to hire someone to unload your cargo could be an option at spaceports.

If this game is just a space pew pew title then it will be mighty disappointing to many people myself included.

[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard