KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,034,252 Trump card
1,342,149 Picture Thread
480,195 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Sini
Originally Posted By: Derid
Just because it "feels" fashionable to hand wave away Govt incompetence and abuses, does not mean it is the intelligent path.

No, what currently fashionable is blaming government for everything.

Erosion of privacy - big deal, government rightfully blamed.
Lost emails - fairly normal in any big organization.

I personally lost email archives and I work with technology. I don't expect glorified accountants with government-run IT department to do better. Remember, at the time it was viewed as regular correspondence, and not 'mission-critical' stuff it became as a result of the scandal.

Don't attribute to malice what could be adequately described by ignorance.

There is a lot more to this story, its not just the emails. The emails are just the latest stumbling block in the investigation.

Its possible that having the supposedly only drives with Lerner and other IRS staffers suffering technical issues and being destroyed days after the GOP initiates an investigation is just innocent incompetence.

In any case, the "story" here for me - that burns me up, and that I think should be burning everyone up you included is this:

How is it reasonable that your average Joe is held to much higher accountability with regard to their own personal records, than agents of powerful Govt agencies are held to with their work records documenting their conduct? So regular individuals have dire consequences regarding their accountability, but powerful Govt officials have none?

This is a big deal. It does not matter whether you think Lerner and Co. were in on some big conspiracy. This situation needs fixed, and the IRS needs far more institutional accountability for their behavior or we will be seeing more, and larger abuses in the future.

I do not think it is unreasonable nor tinfoilhattery to firmly believe that Govt institutions charged with investigating private citizens be held to at least the same standards of record keeping and accountability as the private citizens and companies they investigate. That goes for all arms of Govt not just the IRS.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
So regular individuals have dire consequences regarding their accountability, but powerful Govt officials have none?

How could this concept not also apply to corporate governance? Then why do you selectively fixate on this specific case?

The underlying issue here is ingroup vs. outgroup. Tea Party got targeted. Everything else is just a left brain interpreter.

[Linked Image]
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Sini
So regular individuals have dire consequences regarding their accountability, but powerful Govt officials have none?

How could this concept not also apply to corporate governance? Then why do you selectively fixate on this specific case?

The underlying issue here is ingroup vs. outgroup. Tea Party got targeted. Everything else is just a left brain interpreter.

Nah, I dont think in the same terms you do. You are apparently rationalizing my words against how you would view yourself if you were espousing similar sentiments.

You act as if this is the only case, ever, in which I have taken a philosophical stand against imbalances of public/private power and relative standards of accountability which is selective memory if I have ever seen it.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard