The KGB Oracle
Serving the online gaming community since 1997
Visit www.the-kgb.com
For additional information

Join KGB DISCORD: http://discord.gg/KGB
 
KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 57 guests, and 9 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
AngryCajunKGB, Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp
1,478 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,097
Posts116,368
Members1,478
Most Online1,653
Mar 26th, 2026
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,828,983 Trump card
1,512,759 Picture Thread
580,242 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#125338 06/09/14 05:53 AM
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3,716
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
****
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
****
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3,716


[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,535
Likes: 10
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
**
Joined: Jan 2006
Posts: 5,535
Likes: 10
The notion that central planned economy is unideal is very non-controversial. I also understand that for you planned economy means any kind of regulation of a market-driven economy, but that is not what Hayek meant. As such, "The Road to Serfdom" is hijacked by the modern right as part of strawman attacks on the left.

Out of curiosity, do you consider Chinese economy to be planned?


[Linked Image]
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3,716
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
****
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
****
Joined: May 2008
Posts: 3,716
First off, thank you for making assumptions about what I think Hayek meant and then proceeding to point out how you think I'm wrong. For the record, you never did say what you think he meant, only some typical lefty inflammatory sounding statement about the right hijacking something. One day I really hope you'll realize that you don't often make a cogent argument. You typically just spout platitudes from your soapbox.

I don't know enough about China's economy to offer an informed opinion, but I have heard that more and more they are moving away from central planning and embracing free market principles. Which, by the way, is how they've managed to feed most of those people for the first time ever.

I did hear David Brat speak about this in what sounded like an informed and intelligent manner. Perhaps he can answer your question.


[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard
Powered by UBB.threads™ PHP Forum Software 8.0.1