KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 7 guests, and 30 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Brutal
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,052,119 Trump card
1,347,104 Picture Thread
483,065 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#12032 10/22/06 04:38 PM
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Except what we typically see on the game sites and whatnot, there is no news yet for beta. Some people hope/think this winter/spring.

Who knows though.

But, since ppl keep asking, I will just post it up here that unfortunatly, there is no verifiable news yet.

I'll post it as soon as I get any ^_^

Derid #12033 10/22/06 05:01 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This may be redundant to say....but this is getting ridiculous...

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Crimthan #12034 10/22/06 06:30 PM
Derid Offline OP
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
OP Offline
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Nah, those of us who remember SB for the year after launch... and for that matter UO, hope for completeness and stability.

WoW took ages also, ppl were saying the same type of thing. But as far as getting what they wanted to do with WoW done, in a relativly complete fashion- they did very well.

Reminds me of an old Ketchup commercial. Besides, AoC wont be out anytime soon either. So its EVE until DFO, unless DFO ends up sucking, and then its more EVE.

Derid #12035 10/22/06 10:24 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yah, I remember UO and SB. I beta'd both of em. But I can't remember a single MMO that was anywhere near complete when it launched. There's no way in hell DFO is going to be completely done when it launches. They're just...taking forever to launch. I'm going to continue playing FPS like Battlefield games, and Multiplayer-RPGS like NWN2 and such til I'm in some MMO beta or other. There's so many MMOs on the horizon now that don't even discuss itemcentricity - because it's a "natural" expectation, that it makes me sick. Finding the rare gem that is actually based on a player's skill is magnificent, indeed...

[Linked Image]

Crimthan #12036 10/23/06 07:44 AM
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
This has already been said but for those who haven't heard it yet... about this time last year (around the time we created these Darkfall forums) they truly were planning to start the "guild" beta. But at the last minute they put a halt to it. The devs say it was a tough choice of course but they didn't feel the game was ready for the public's eyes yet. Since as we know, even a beta is seen by many gamers as a sign of what the final will be, and so can hurt initial sales in a big way.

Part of the reason was because of graphics, during this last year, while doing a massive amount of development for the overall game, they also were upgrading the graphics. You can see the difference in screen shots like ones of the "wolfman" race officially known as Mahirim. A pic of them from 2003 is pretty old school looking but the most current pics show one looking like they should this day in age.

I still stand by my guess of DF's beta of around Nov.30.

"It's not enough to win... others have to lose."
-Stephen Colbert 'Colbert Report'
Hall of Fame record
Raekwon #12037 10/23/06 03:18 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If we're waiting around because of graphics, but specifically, Physics, great. The eye candy and impact a character has on his environment has a huge effect on gamers. If they're waiting around to tweak some final things for seige battles or naval battles, they should go ahead and start beta and implement finishes for that stuff in a later patch...

[Linked Image]

Link Copied to Clipboard