KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 50 guests, and 8 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,029,881 Trump card
1,340,077 Picture Thread
478,435 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#120360 07/22/13 09:37 AM
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
They have stated several times that the hanger application will be arriving at gamescon in Germany. The official time for that event is Aug 24th 9:00 pm. So we should be able to get the app during or just a day or so afterwards. Looking forward to it!

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

KGB TS Server Administrator
KGB High Chancellor - Star Citizen
Zhou #120362 07/22/13 11:13 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Me too !

[Linked Image]
Zhou #120420 07/24/13 07:08 AM
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Arch Duke
King's High Counsel
KGB Supreme Knight
Awesome. Good to hear.

-- Tasho / Jaguar --
Tasho #120661 07/31/13 02:26 PM
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
For those who may not know. On the initial release of the hanger app only the 5 base ships will be released on the initial day.

This includes:
Freelancer
Aurora
300 Series
Constellation
Hornet

The others will be added as they become complete. Also the initial release will not have invite your friend to your hanger that will be coming along in future updates.

Zhou #120664 07/31/13 02:32 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I might have to get another ship to fill my hangar with before this module goes live. I need it to be as sexy as possible if I have to walk around solo.

Zhou, I expect pictures of the Idris in your hangar once it is available for viewing!

Zhou #120666 07/31/13 02:38 PM
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Of course! I def want to make sure everyone gets a chance to visit and view ships they don't have yet between guild members. Learning the layout and details of a ship can come in handy. Even without that reason they still look amazing!

Once that feature comes available that is.

Last edited by Zhou; 07/31/13 02:40 PM.

Zhou #120689 07/31/13 08:08 PM
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
Some good info regarding the launch. Good to hear!

"Backers will get their first early look at Roberts’ first foray back into gaming when the standalone Star Citizen Hangar Module launches on August 24. They’ll put those pretty space ships through their paces when the Dog Fighting alpha goes live at the end of the year (yep still on schedule). They represent just a snippet of what Roberts, the iconic game designer turned Hollywood director/producer turned ambitious game industry game changer, has in store."

Zhou #121326 08/23/13 05:26 AM
Zhou Offline OP
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
OP Offline
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB Star Citizen Faction
For everyone expecting the hanger app to be released on the 24th well you will be disappointed. The hanger app will be delayed till the 29th. Unfortunately with all the press and chaos at gamescom their pushing the release back until they are all back in the states. Mentioned by Chris Roberts in interviews by the press in germeny at gamescom.

A post by one of the developers:

"It is technically true that we didn't announce a date... but we also won't weasel/lie and say we didn't WANT to get it out tomorrow. I'm sure we talked about that plan plenty in the last month... one of the dangers of sharing so much so early.

The team learned back on Wing Commander IV never to publish a specific date, though! Back then there were print ads announcing the game release on December 8th well after it had been delayed to February.

What it comes down to is that there will be delays, miscommunications, confusions and any host of other problems as we go... but we will always do our best to clarify and get you information as we can. Nowhere in any of this is a thought to hiding things from our backers."

Zhou #121327 08/23/13 06:14 AM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Meh, I would rather have a smooth launch a few days later than a crappy one up front to get frustrated over.

Zhou #121413 08/26/13 12:10 PM
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
with regards to the extra 5,000 credits we will get on Thursday
these are not refundable and there will not be a wipe and restart so make sure you spend them wisely or save them for when the game launches or at least until the dogfight alpha when you will have of an idea what the upgrades will do.

dev quote below

Ben Lesnickwcloaf
Developer
Posted: 4:22pm Aug 26, 2013
The 5,000 credits are yours to keep, a little reward for current backers only. When we launch the hangar you will have access to buy some in-game items to play around with. You'll do this through the current website, only you'll use credits instead of dollars.

In addition to the 5,000 credits we're giving you you will also have access to any reward credits you received early in the campaign... I believe some users may end up with as many as 8,000 or 10,000 credits total. You will not have access to break the credits that come with packages out yet, because you need credits with your ship to start the game itself

part 2
Thank you for the update Ben!! =D To try and possibly cut off any new threads, if I may ask; the credits we do use will be reset once the game and PU launches? Thanks! =D

No - the credit balance associated with your account is permanent as will be any upgrades or other swag you might buy for your hangar. We're not going to sell you things and then take them away. :) (As far as the website is concerned, your credits and purchases will work just like your monetary purchases do now... and that will go on forever as we transition to an all- or mostly- game credit system.)

part 3

So you mean that you can melt the swag back though? To experiment in the hangar module?

You can't melt the swag back for credits (just like you can't melt it back for credits in the game... you'd have to sell it to someone or an NPC.)

Last edited by Instrument; 08/26/13 12:20 PM.
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard