KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 18 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Dia, Luminescent
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,039,458 Trump card
1,343,411 Picture Thread
481,557 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
http://www.forbes.com/sites/bruceupbin/2...artphones-soon/

(also in big part why I invest into IBM)

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sini
Derid, I wish I lived in your simple world where every problem is caused by Government intervention.

Rejoice, you do actually. I am happy to bring you this good news!

Paradoxically enough, seeing govt as the problem comes from taking a much more complex view of the world.

Using doctor as analogy, you quickly realize that as opposed to the experienced wise good doc who sometimes has bad days or gets things wrongs - which is the image we are sold of govt, your problems are actually being treated by a blubbering fool with 300lbs of muscle, no fine control, whos only tool is a sledgehammer.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Rejoice, you do actually. I am happy to bring you this good news!

Well, at least I am glad you realized that this point of view is faith-based, and not empirical or scientific. A cargo cult of sorts.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

I actually liked Franken , despite his obvious predilection for US-politi-leftism and intellectual laziness regarding economics.

Unfortunately he showed pretty quickly that he lacked either ethics or backbone, by backing Obamas unconstitutional "recess appointments"... the ones made where Congress was actually still in session.

It was pretty sad, id actually hoped he was the real deal even if I disagreed with him.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Implications of large degree of robotization is that society as it exists today, with a current flavor of capitalism, would not possible.

A portion of wealth will have to be redirected toward sustaining now unproductive segment of society that was displaced by robots. In other words, a nanny state that most of you use as a boogeyman.

How do you think US will look like with DOW at 200,000 (present day dollars) and 50% unemployment?

Your whole premise is false.
You are saying if we replaced workers with robots today, sure it would cause untold amounts of problems.
Your magical robots do not show up out of thin air to replace people. This will take a lot longer then 2045.
I think even you are smart enough to know this is a bullshit question.
There will not be 50% unemployment, if there are not enough jobs for people the people can not buy what the robots make so the robots will be turned off.

Its very easy to be a progressive when facts do not get in the way.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
If your job can be done cheaper by a robot, then robots will be bought and you will get fired. Any other consideration, like who is going to buy goods it produces, is irrelevant as was made clear by outsourcing trends. Capitalism is schizophrenic this way. It is quite possible that we could automate into complete economical collapse.

Presently we do not have technology to automate on a massive scale at comparable price to salaries, but a number of recent developments rapidly changing this situation.

How this is going to play out? Well, you will have robotization putting downward pressure on all wages while putting upward pressure on unemployment. Meanwhile all productivity of this robotization will go toward owners/investors of these machines. The only way to compensate is redistribution via taxation or make-work programs maintained by monied elite.

Yes, you are right, 50% of unemployment is not going to happen overnight, unless cheap robotization also becomes available overnight, but claiming that it isn't possible is simply ignoring realities of technological progress.

Reality of modern life is that important work (e.g. innovation, design) is done by small % of society and it is easy to see that the rest of jobs can be automated.

Derid thinks that society will adjust by inventing new jobs. I disagree, we are no longer have any need for 'strong backs' nor will this change be contained to single industry allowing people to find employment elsewhere.

What are we going to do when phones are answered by robots, food grown, cooked, and served by robots, people and goods are transported by robots and construction and manufacturing is done by robots? Can we all find jobs in academia or entertainment?

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Something else you are overlooking, is that when robots are that ubiquitous and able to do construction and such, is that we will then be able to effectively start colonizing space. Which robots will be of course used extensively for, but at the same time all sorts of new things robots wont be able to do well will crop up.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"but claiming that it isn't possible is simply ignoring realities of technological progress."

Only one of us seems to be ignoring realities of technological progress.
Thousands of years of progress have happened and many things have been automated and yet humans still have moved on to other jobs that have not lead to high unemployment.

Robots are just another machine that will advance humans to a luxury not downtrodden future.

Some of us have a good outlook for the human race others have a negative outlook.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
It is quite possible that we could automate into complete economical collapse.
I stopped reading after this lunatic statement.
foil

*edit

I couldn't help myself and I went back and read the rest of your post. You really do have no idea of the concept of supply and demand do you? If no one has a job, there will be no demand, therefore no need to produce anything. Worst case scenario (in sini's world) we go back to being small agrarian society where everyone grows their own food in order to survive, and all the evil rich people will sit and stare at their useless shiny robots.

Last edited by Kaotic; 05/22/13 04:33 PM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 2 of 6 1 2 3 4 5 6

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard