KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 61 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,676 Trump card
1,342,392 Picture Thread
480,537 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
macroing is gone its useless you wont gain skills at all now
you can max a stat and a fighting skill in a week np
the prowess system has made this a game you play to advance now instead of not playing being a faster method via macroing
and it has also extremely accellorated the speed at which you can be effective and maxed and able to compete
almost anything you do in game will reward you with points to buy stats or skills what took me 2 months now takes a week after this last wipe

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
NOTE: I will update this as I gain more information. If anyone has data they would like to add then please put a note and I can edit the post to reflect that info.

OK so I have spent the last 2 days in game breaking this down. TO say that the grind form DFO is gone is a gross misrepresentation. However the new system is far better than what it was previously there is still a big grind.

It works like this.

EVERY SKILL and ATTRIBUTE now raises on a sliding scale individually.

This means...

Each Attribute
Roles
Role abilities
Weapon Skills
Crafting
Harvesting

We will use PPP for Prowess Per point in this.

Attribute scales are as thus:

01-27 = 30 PPP
28-?? = 45 PPP
??-?? = ?? PPP

Roles and Role Skills are as thus:

Roles:
01-14 = 01 PPP
15-25 = 02 PPP
26-33 = 03 PPP
34-38 = 04 PPP
39-43 = 05 PPP
44-47 = 06 PPP
48-50 = 07 PPP
51-54 = 08 PPP
55-56 = 09 PPP
57-59 = 10 PPP
60-61 = 11 PPP
62-64 = 12 PPP
65 = 13 PPP
66-67 = 14 PPP
68-69 = 15 PPP
70- (TBC until later this evening I ran out of points)

Also upon further investigation all Roles and Role Abilities and Skills all seem to use the same scale. (If someone finds otherwise please say so in order that we can adjust this information.

Now let us take a look at some prowess gaining.
While typing this up I moved both my logging and bush harvesting skills to 50 so that I could test average Prowess gains for a starting character per node.

NOTE: This is an average taken between 10 nodes. 5 being trees and 5 being bushes. It is also worth noting that the more rares you pull from said node the more Prowess is gained so I am guessing that these numbers would rise once you max the harvesting skills respectively. Also note these are nodes outside of safezones and in very low population areas.

Trees
1:46
2:63 + Feat Bonus
3:39
4:41
5:27
This comes to an average of 43 prowess / node

Bush
1:51
2:72 + Feat Bonus
3:38
4:39
5:43
This comes to an average of 48 prowess / node

At 50 skill level I am knocking out a node every 8-10 minutes while writing this up and alt tabbing back in to move to a new node.

So at roughly 6 nodes an hour MIND YOU THIS IS FOR AFK HARVESTING I am making roughly 280 Prowess/ hour.

Longshanks went and farmed the troll camp with me last night and we were getting 2 prowess / kill at a fairly quick spawn rate. The only problem with farming mobs for prowess is that currently the only person in a party that gets prowess is the one that scores the killing blow.

I would love to see more data on prowess / kill / mob type so feel free to add to this list as it could be a really big help in assisting people to streamline the grinding process.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Your wrong on the crafting costing prowess to raise... Only the Mastery costs prowess with crafting, a 1 time cost of 10k prowess. You raise that by actually crafting things in that skill. This should not effect the majority in KGB as we intend to have crafting accounts set up do do all of the crafting skills for everyone. So their prowess can be spent on their toons stats and pvp skills.

as for the group killing. Read the patch notes. It says that the person giving the killing blow gets 50%prowess off the kill and the remaining group members with in 50 meters of the kill will get the remaining 50% distributed evenly among them.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Yeah that's what we were testing last night was the prowess / kill issue. I did not get a chance to get any kills today since the server came up so if they did fix that system that will be another good change.

And on the crafting part.

So you craft for skill gains and then pay 10K prowess to gain the mastery? My next question before editing the other section is... Does the mastery aspect also raise as items are crafted?

(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
with like Smelting. I have to raise that to 100 by smelting ore into ingots, This gives 1 prowess a successful combine.

then purchase the mastery for 10k prowess.. that enables me to make Rare ingots. at 1 i can do selentine ingots, at 25 the next one, then 50 for the next one, ect. These gradually increase prowess per successful combine given as you progress through the levels.

Weapons you would craft each level of weapons till you raise it to the next level.

You can also salvage these items among dropped ones of the level you have already achieved to regain some materials to continue the grind. This is minimal at first for salvaging and should increase chance of salvaging materials as you raise that skill. This is only for crafters that have already raised skill. I will watch closely next time I do some salvaging to see what the prowess gains are like for that.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Awesome.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
fielrins on yassam 9 prow per kill
raven standards give 13 per kill officers give 22
elementals on yassam the earth type give 5 per kill with 2 quests to kill 30 for 271 prow per quest and after that 2 quests for 150 at 1300 prow per
the feat quests to kill mobs like this are your bread and butter

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The feats are the key to gaining a lot of prowess quickly as we all know. Some people keep asking the same questions over & over, all they have to do is open up their feats window turn off everything except the PVE tab and see what they need to do. Start with mobs that are near each other. Scumlings,skeletons, trolls are all near each other in the NPC cities. Then go out from there.

Now, we are having some issues with keeping armor and weapons supplied to everyone. Some are ranking up really quickly, so we need to make sure all of us invest a little time in gathering ore,wood & leather so that we can have the mats to build the weapons and armor that we need. Remember its going to take time to raise crafting, we still have to get a 10K prowess mastery in order to build the good weapons & armor.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 03/10/13 05:34 AM.
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F3) Vice-Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
I spent a few hours Thursday night, daytime Friday (snow day off of work) and most of Saturday on. I made the committment to be the cloth armor crafter this Beta run, so I focused on grinding that up.

Went I went to bed last night, I had just hit 100 tailoring & my weaving skill is up in the 70s, that's the combine for turning raw cotton, harvested from bushes, into cloth mats. Not to mention, I tossed over 60 steedgrass into the clan bank, added bonus. My best guess is that it was ~5000 cotton & ~20k gold to get tailoring to 100.

As Donk mentioned, we went out and smacked around some trolls ... but that was the only PvE I did, I really wanted to get a sense of where you can be with just a single craft grind.

So, I ended up at around 6.5k Prowess just rasing Tailoring to 100, in maybe 30 hours, or so.

Rather than save it all up for the mastery, I used it to get my combat skills up a bit for the PvE\PvP, here is where I ended up:

My build is a full Strength warrior with high Dex for swing speed and archery damage.

Str: 70 (+20 prowess + 3 boosts)
Dex: 30 base (+10 prowess)
Greatswords: 100
Archery: 50
1H swords: 25
Bolt: 25
Conversions: all 3 at 50
Heal Self: 50

Plus I brought my bush whacking to 100, a must for the harvesting & skinning to 50, which I will pump to 100 (I hate failing at skinning)

Donk's prowess #'s are good for skill raising. I was looking at totals, to get 1-50 is ~94 & 50-100 is about ~1100, I am going to double check it today. So, ~1200 total to raise a skill to 100.

It would have taken many weeks for me to hit those number with the previous grind.

I am going to start on PvE feats today + some bush whacking to keep r40 robes in stock.

Critter just worked through the PvE feats & his prowess, in the same few days, is way up there ... well over double mine. He has the highest prowess gained in the guild so far.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
KGB Crown Princess
KGB Crown Princess
Yay! I'll be back in game this week then I will be out of town for a while. Hitting the beach with mah sista.

Sometimes in the winds of change we find our true direction.
Page 2 of 3 1 2 3

Moderated by  JetStar 

Link Copied to Clipboard