KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 36 guests, and 17 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Aby
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,005,827 Trump card
1,337,549 Picture Thread
477,213 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3
#114366 02/21/13 04:30 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
So... They still deny my faction change I had in since day 1 on PS2... and now my VS main (on Jaeger) is having the server merged with Waterson? Shit.

Our PS2 faction is open right? I don't want to end up in violation of our bylaws because Sony chose to fuck around with servers.

It will also mean that the VS have an even smaller slice of the prime time population pie =(

They/Them

Star Citizen:
MISC Endeavor -- Anvil Carrack -- Anvil Terrapin -- Drake Dragonfly
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I will look for you on the Battlefield...I hope you like grenade sandwiches.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
You are good Hobbit.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Just be warned that when you see BJTC rolling around, it's about to get serious. =P We've got about 300 members (hard to tell currently active, esp with the Vanu nerfs, but probably around 100, with a platoon on at any given time)

They/Them

Star Citizen:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Oh heavens, what ever shall I do? [dead]

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
throw grenades at us and enjoy the xp, clearly =P

They/Them

Star Citizen:
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Barnies are Ghey

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have dumped 1500 certs on my medic. It's going to be epic. Only thing I don't have is the Rex grenades:) and second tier c4. I'm ready for Saturday night! Why are they merging? Jaeger low pop?

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Not sure. One of my Vanu told us (i haven't looked at the official thread, if there is one)

I do know that it's a terrible choice of servers. Both have a sizable TR population advantage that this will only exacerbate.

NC are probably our highest pop, but they're poorly organized for the most part. Vanu got gutted after GU2 so many people leaving or switching characters.

You'll want to get to know EZC (EZ company, NC outfit) they're one of the better groups.

On TR you'll want to watch out for TRAF, they're crazy organized.

On VS you'll be watching for BJTC, VREV and a couple others.

They/Them

Star Citizen:
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
I have dumped 1500 certs on my medic. It's going to be epic. Only thing I don't have is the Rex grenades:) and second tier c4. I'm ready for Saturday night! Why are they merging? Jaeger low pop?

Play To Crush!
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
If u like vanu u need to have your guy on Matherson and roll with azure twighlight from ps1

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Except half of AT is/was cheaters and exploiters and many got banned during the big purge a month or two ago.

Also during beta they were the biggest pile of dicks ever, intentionally teamkilling anything and everything that didn't wear an AT tag.

In all honesty, I should be TR, but SOE keeps denying my request i put in from day 1, initially allowing faction changes, then saying "hang tight, we're making a paid option" and most recently saying "well it could upset server balance, so we probably won't do it"

Soooo I'm stuck as Vanu, with every gun unlocked, most certed up, and so forth

They/Them

Star Citizen:
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Wow nice man! I played TR most of planetside 1. They are my favorite! I do the best with there infantry weapons and ESF. I don't like the TR tank though. I'm down to rolling some TR with people when we don't have an NC event running. Maybe I Connery ? Lots of higby fanboys there. I didn't know that about azure twighlight I just know they are a Zerg outfit heh.

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Actually (from experience on receiving and using) the TR Prowler is a very lethal weapon, especially when braced. In the braced config it out performs any MBT fire power wise. The VS have mobility, and the NC have a mix of fire power and mobility, with a emphasis on range, but I would take a TR Prowler over them all, especially in a armored spear head. My NC Vanguard can survive maybe 3-4 shots from one, 2-3 if it's braced.

Last edited by Drakiis; 02/23/13 05:48 PM.

Drakiis #114435 02/24/13 08:16 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
The Mag tends to make pilots overly cocky, causing an armored column of vanu to falter pretty easily. All too often I get sucked into chasing someone into a poor position and I pay the price.

The prowler is designed to do what conventional tanks do. Surround, wait, and annihilate. I like the prowler but I need way more practice.

I've got a Br 8 or 10 or so TR on.... SolTech, but SolTech is actually one of the lowest TR pops out there lol. (and it doesn't have any of my fancy expensive unlocks, stupid Sony.)

Hell, they should just finish that universal unlock scheme they mentioned working on. If my lasher unlock counts as an MCG too, and so forth, works for me!

They/Them

Star Citizen:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Possibly coming back to KGB Saturday Night Fights, DeRev is a crazy self destructing mega zerg now and Sturmgrenadier is so rigid there is no fun, they don't even wait for a cap anymore, too in a hurry to push VS/TR around the map. Lately both outfits have started saying the same thing, "Let the Zerg hold it and gain the certs" so I burn resources to pull vehicles and equipment to let other people gain the rewards now? Either way they don't realize their true potential and commit far more men and machines then it may require only to find out they are weakening other areas, poor command decisions might win a battle but they never win the war. Lately we have been attempting to hold four battle fronts, yes I said FOUR BATTLE FRONTS with ONE platoon.

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well I played a little with Digirev and same thing. Dont want to get screamed at for getting certs, so they can all suck me.

Star Citizen Hanger:
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
I think it really comes down to your goal. I would love more certs, but I love the feeling of controlling the battlefield more. We take part in the zergs and sit around gaining the cap xp, but we also sometimes splinter off just to start a bunch of random chaos elsewhere, without waiting for xp.

As a result, I'm way lower BR than I should be with far fewer certs, but you can feel the effect a small team of 8-12 people can have when they really want to force something.

They/Them

Star Citizen:
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I think you can have both Hobbit.

I like having a tight group and fast capping something like a biolab right in the enemy's face.

Star Citizen Hanger:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
A full platoon can accomplish far more then most people think. Especially when used correctly. I am sure many people here or elsewhere might (let me rephrase, DO) consider me a blow hard. But something must be said when a platoons worth of people can hold off three platoons worth of people. That is a mismanagement of resources and poor command decisions if you feel you have to yell at people to accomplish stuff. Mac and many of the others at DREV, think that the drill sgt. method gets results, it doesn't it just confuses and frustrates people, they often don't realize the logistics involved in unit movement and dispersal. It's a mess really, they have so many men and machines but are not using them very effectively and due to that they blame the lack of following orders excuse on everyone. Hell one night before ops started in earnest, he told everyone to pull armor, then five seconds later changed his mind because everyone wasn't moving fast enough for him, so he had us all fall in by squad and told the squad leaders to assign us our role. I got assigned a Infiltrator, fuck what do I know about infiltrators, much less was I certed in it.

This is probably my last week in DRev, I'll be on for KGB Saturday. My Sword for at least a squad of KGB! I would put money that a platoon of KGB would be worth all of DRev. If we specialized, and had a platoons worth in the air or on the ground we could become very valuable assets to larger outfits that try and do it all. I would give up bus driving and become a full time gunner in a Liberator for that.

Actually to hells with the rest of this week, I'm done DRev. They sap all the fun right out of the game.

Last edited by Drakiis; 02/27/13 05:46 PM.

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
My outfit intends to take part of the server merger event some of the Waterson NC outfits are organizing. Will KGB be there as well? The whole day (to "welcome" the Jaeger folks like myself) will be a massive battle for Amerish.

They/Them

Star Citizen:
Drakiis #114522 02/28/13 11:06 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
A full platoon can accomplish far more then most people think. Especially when used correctly. I am sure many people here or elsewhere might (let me rephrase, DO) consider me a blow hard. But something must be said when a platoons worth of people can hold off three platoons worth of people. That is a mismanagement of resources and poor command decisions if you feel you have to yell at people to accomplish stuff. Mac and many of the others at DREV, think that the drill sgt. method gets results, it doesn't it just confuses and frustrates people, they often don't realize the logistics involved in unit movement and dispersal. It's a mess really, they have so many men and machines but are not using them very effectively and due to that they blame the lack of following orders excuse on everyone. Hell one night before ops started in earnest, he told everyone to pull armor, then five seconds later changed his mind because everyone wasn't moving fast enough for him, so he had us all fall in by squad and told the squad leaders to assign us our role. I got assigned a Infiltrator, fuck what do I know about infiltrators, much less was I certed in it.

This is probably my last week in DRev, I'll be on for KGB Saturday. My Sword for at least a squad of KGB! I would put money that a platoon of KGB would be worth all of DRev. If we specialized, and had a platoons worth in the air or on the ground we could become very valuable assets to larger outfits that try and do it all. I would give up bus driving and become a full time gunner in a Liberator for that.

Actually to hells with the rest of this week, I'm done DRev. They sap all the fun right out of the game.

Drak,

Please be patient. I am trying to get at least one day a week of organized participation. I had a great first outing. The second one was not so great. Looking forward to your experience and participation.

Star Citizen Hanger:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Patience is a constant, when dealing with KGB. A virtue I have mastered.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard