KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 61 guests, and 20 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,035,676 Trump card
1,342,392 Picture Thread
480,537 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5
Kaotic #112452 01/07/13 08:06 PM
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: sini
Problem with these kinds of opinions is that they are baseless speculation.
As opposed to the scientific evidence you have showing that guns cause murders?

I never said guns cause murders, guns are used in murders. Access to guns make would-be murderers more deadly. Access to guns make it more likely for a violence to turn into murder. Access to certain types of guns make everyone around these guns less safe.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

You must have forgotten about the Massacre in Norway where the guy killed 87 people because he was the only one with a gun.

We have been over this in the gun thread. Places where mentally unstable people can get hands on lots of guns end up with all kinds of shooting sprees. More, deadlier guns with less accountability, checks and tracking end up with more guns falling into the hands of unstable individuals.

If your goal is to decrease number of shooting sprees - then more guns for everyone is absolutely wrong approach, because it gets more guns into the hands of unstable individuals. Less guns for everyone would work. Less deadly guns for everyone would work but not as well. Stricter control over who can get guns, and making people responsible for not securing them would also work, but again, not as well.

Recent school shooting? Mentally ill kid may have pulled the trigger, medication (or home schooling) might have played a role. Who is responsible? Individual who failed to secure an arsenal of these fucking guns. Why the fuck do you leave an armory-worth of guns lying around accessible to a nutter kid?!

[Linked Image]
Sini #112459 01/07/13 08:37 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

You must have forgotten about the Massacre in Norway where the guy killed 87 people because he was the only one with a gun.

We have been over this in the gun thread. Places where mentally unstable people can get hands on lots of guns end up with all kinds of shooting sprees. More, deadlier guns with less accountability, checks and tracking end up with more guns falling into the hands of unstable individuals.

If your goal is to decrease number of shooting sprees - then more guns for everyone is absolutely wrong approach, because it gets more guns into the hands of unstable individuals. Less guns for everyone would work. Less deadly guns for everyone would work but not as well. Stricter control over who can get guns, and making people responsible for not securing them would also work, but again, not as well.

Recent school shooting? Mentally ill kid may have pulled the trigger, medication (or home schooling) might have played a role. Who is responsible? Individual who failed to secure an arsenal of these fucking guns. Why the fuck do you leave an armory-worth of guns lying around accessible to a nutter kid?!

Looks like the mother wasn't thinking. If you have someone that's unstable you don't leave guns laying around. You lock them, they have these new things called gun safe's. Nobody can get to those guns if you have them locked up. As long as that person doesn't have a key or know the code. But I still don't lay all the blame on his mother, ultimately he was the one that pulled the trigger.

Sini #112464 01/07/13 09:02 PM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I never said guns cause murders, guns are used in murders. Access to guns make would-be murderers more deadly. Access to guns make it more likely for a violence to turn into murder. Access to certain types of guns make everyone around these guns less safe.
And a sane person with a gun in the area of a nut with a gun can render the nut harmless in fairly short order.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Kaotic #112465 01/07/13 09:18 PM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
a person with a gun in the area of a person with a gun can render the person harmless in fairly short order.

So you arm everyone, including nuts, and have regular shoot-outs with tons of casualties, including children. This is where we are today. Some of us think that mass shootings need to go.

[Linked Image]
Sini #112466 01/07/13 09:23 PM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
So you arm everyone, including nuts, and have regular shoot-outs with tons of casualties, including children. This is where we are today. Some of us think that mass shootings need to go.
Really? We have regular shoot-outs with tons of casualties? I thought we had an occasional outbreak of lunatics who had access to firearms that they eventually turned on themselves. Guess we live in different worlds. 'Course that's not really news, is it?

Sini #112468 01/07/13 10:30 PM
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Problem with these kinds of opinions is that they are baseless speculation.
As opposed to the scientific evidence you have showing that guns cause murders?

Your religion is interfering with your higher reasoning again.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #112474 01/08/13 07:34 AM
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Your religion is interfering with your higher reasoning again.

Would that be the church of Not Unquestionably Worshiping the Guns?

[Linked Image]
Sini #112533 01/09/13 07:24 AM
KGB High Knight
KGB High Knight
Come out and say already what is exactly you are trying to not say. Guns, kinds that enable you to kill multiple people in a short order, were used to cause tragedy. You are trying to insinuate that something else is to blame.

So what is that "something else" is? Stop hiding behind ambiguity and let it all hang. Come out and say it already.

Do you realize that, unless were referring to muzzle loaded pistols and rifles, any gun today can kill multiple people in short order.

I don't own a gun, mostly because I live in one of the bluest, liberal, pansy cities on this country when it comes to gun laws. However, what I believe Kaotic is saying with this article is that you can't blame any one thing, guns least of all.

STUBS!

Stubs #112540 01/09/13 08:57 AM
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
That's pretty darn close there Stubsy. I was merely pointing out that there are many ideas for the root cause of these massacres. This article just made an interesting correlation between mental illness/pharmaceuticals and the people who commit these atrocities. It turned out to be a bonus that the discussion highlighted Sini's ideological resistance to anything that does not toe the lefty line. I don't know if this guy is right, but he makes good sense and I'm willing to consider it. Sini, on the other hand, completely dismisses the article because it doesn't fit his paradigm of "guns are bad, mkay."

Page 3 of 5 1 2 3 4 5

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard