KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,277 Trump card
1,340,243 Picture Thread
478,677 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

logic fail is fail

point of GOP primaries is

a) people in power are willing to abuse the process when able to do so

b) it has been proven that at times they are able to do so

If you think the Dem establishment is any more ethical than the GOP establishment... then I dont know what else to say.

Are you truly so obtuse as to not get this simple point?

--

Secondly, the election was VERY close. Romney lost enough states by a VERY SMALL margin to have won the election. Remember, its the Electoral College - not popular vote that determines winner.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
You argued yourself into a corner, tried to switch topics and now desperately trying to deny what you said just a couple posts prior.

As to elections, no it wasn't even close. Unless you are Karl Rove. Start dealing with it.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
332 vs 206

I know couple weeks have passed and conservatives are still in denial about whole thing, but 2012 election wasn't close by any definition of the word 'close'.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sini
You argued yourself into a corner, tried to switch topics and now desperately trying to deny what you said just a couple posts prior.

As to elections, no it wasn't even close. Unless you are Karl Rove. Start dealing with it.

Um, huuh? Doctor check doctor check, is there a doctor in the house? I do believe my pal here took a nasty spill and needs his head examined.

If you want to try and make a fine point of it, the article survey quoted in a post I replied to did in fact say "ACORN" - even though my reply was certainly not with ACORN is mind, and was more about the replying to your sentiment that anyone who thought there might be election shenanigans was "delusional" - but it did say "ACORN". So, if you want to argue that point - congrats, you "got me" on a technicality.

/golfclap

I see you have made it to about step 2 on the 3-step program.

step 1) Become extremely animated and excitable while parroting various talking points

step 2) Stop focusing on having a discussion of topic, and instead focus on word games revolving around context and usage of particular phrase - pursue a syntactical "gotcha" in an agressive and semi mouth-frothing manner.

step 3) pissing on graves

Last edited by Derid; 12/09/12 12:43 AM.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
332 vs 206

I know couple weeks have passed and conservatives are still in denial about whole thing, but 2012 election wasn't close by any definition of the word 'close'.

http://www.policymic.com/articles/18815/...paul-supporters

Pretty sure you have already seen this in some form.

Those 5 States alone add up to 71 electoral votes.

So subtract 71 from Obama total of 332 , leaving 261 electoral votes.

Add 71 to Romney total of 206 - making 277 electoral votes.

The total spread of these 5 states is just slightly under 300k votes. So, Romney lost by ~300k votes if we want to talk simply in additive terms... if we consider switched votes, he lost by ~150k. All 5 states are within the margin of possible skullduggery , should said skullduggery exist. (And not exactly the same tale the final electoral numbers would tell, 150k or even 300k does not a landslide make)

I know math does not seem to be your strong suit, despite some odd claims of using math to make huge dollars.... but this is just simple arithmetic.

Please, at least try to keep up.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

The total spread of these 5 states is just slightly under 300k votes. So, Romney lost by ~300k votes if we want to talk simply in additive terms... if we consider switched votes, he lost by ~150k. All 5 states are within the margin of possible skullduggery , should said skullduggery exist.

And if California voted Republican, Romney would have won too, so it must be voter fraud in California that allowed Obama to win. Right?

Don't confuse your wishful thinking with reality. 5 states and 71 electoral votes is not a close election. Start internalizing this fact.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
1. Obama won

2. Obama isn't looking to negotiate shit. He wants higher taxes, you add the Obamacare penalty, tax, xmass present or whatever the fuck you want to call it. I call it more money coming out of my pocket.

3. It seems nobody wants real reform, because everyone keeps buying their bullshit. If we had REAL reform in taxes & Healthcare (not this Obamacare bullshit) we would see real changes. Nobody wants to do anything, everyone is afraid because it may mean they could lose a re-election. This reason alone should be why we have term limits. Nobody in Government should be hold a seat more than 8 years. If they're not moving up then it's time to move out, it's that simple.

We need to sit aside this absurd bullshit that big Government is better. Limited Government with real solutions is what we need. All we are getting now is a bunch of retards that can't play on the playground together.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 12/09/12 11:24 AM.
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Derid

The total spread of these 5 states is just slightly under 300k votes. So, Romney lost by ~300k votes if we want to talk simply in additive terms... if we consider switched votes, he lost by ~150k. All 5 states are within the margin of possible skullduggery , should said skullduggery exist.

And if California voted Republican, Romney would have won too, so it must be voter fraud in California that allowed Obama to win. Right?

Don't confuse your wishful thinking with reality. 5 states and 71 electoral votes is not a close election. Start internalizing this fact.

I honestly did not think it was possible for you to fall even further than you have these past few days.

150k switched votes is very close

We are talking about theoretical possibility of shenanigans here. You do remember that right?

Did you really think making a false analogy re: California was relevant?

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
At least you finally came to terms that this is "theoretical possibility", unlike 49% of GOP voters that shared your earlier opinion that this is proven fact.

No, 5 states, some with GOP state majorities, is not close. This non-closeness makes already questionable conspiracy theories about voter fraud even less relevant.

California was not a false analogy, chances of ONE California not voting for Romney due to fraud is about the same as chances of FIVE different states not voting for Romney due to fraud. Both are "possibilities" purely in statistical sense, not something taken serious outside of GOP fever swamps.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Wtf do you mean "finally"?

That was my position from the start, stop taking the piss. Your position was anyone questioning the possibility of shenanigans was "delusional" , which was my objection. You are getting a bad habit of making silly assertions then insulting people who disagree so I called you on it. Now you have degenerated to making false attributions. Its unsightly.

If you think your CA reference wasnt a false analogy, you need to rethink.

Since your grasp of the obvious is apparently weak, I will explain it for you.

There are two key points that you are ignoring

1) Absolute number of votes that would need meddled with. It doesnt matter if its 5 states or 1 state, this is the most important number in this discussion. Provided that is, all states had sufficient number of vulnerable points.

2) public acceptance. Obviously the whole world would go "wtf?" if CA voted GOP. It would be pretty hard to swallow, especially since even the most right wing polling data never gave GOP a shot at CA. Other states were too close to call. On top of that, while I have not bothered to look - I would wager plenty of real money that the CA spread was far far higher than 300k.

I think this demonstrates many things - namely that you have a very difficult time determining what data is actually important in regards to analyzing a particular problem. Suddenly it becomes clear how you arrive at some of your other various conclusions.

Page 6 of 13 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 12 13

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard