KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 6 guests, and 27 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Devan Omega
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
1,986,836 Trump card
1,323,918 Picture Thread
473,873 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#110205 12/05/12 12:47 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Bear with me as I'm typing this on my phone.

That said, are we purely NC or have we made outfits for other factions on other servers?

If the former... Would you have any use for GSS across factions? If the latter what servers are tr and vs for us? I'm approaching br30 on my vs and may swap to tr but i refuse to be nc, sorry! Still want to support the KGB though and ps2 has sucked me completely out of gw2!

EDIT: I should add that with enough persuasion I might go NC, but most of the NC players in beta were annoyances. I DO like the TRON suit that the infiltrators wear, but I have a deep-seated hatred for NC from PS1 beta/live. (Doing anything beyond playing my VS though is predicated on them following through with a support ticket "maybe" they gave me regarding paid faction swaps (since I don't want to lose the ~$100 worth of SC I've spent on Hobbitlauncher)

Last edited by Hobbitlauncher; 12/05/12 01:48 PM.

They/Them

Star Citizen:
MISC Endeavor -- Anvil Carrack -- Anvil Terrapin -- Drake Dragonfly
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
We are NC only and only on the waterson server.

I havent noticed that many annoyances but I also dont get to play it often.

We have noticed that we picked the underdog of the server most times, but that means there is plenty of enemies to kill lol

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Well from my perspective as the former Faction Leader, currently PS2 is a Open Faction, and we are playing it as such until such a time that we have higher participation. It's being played casually thus, do what makes you happy. If playing with fellow KGB does that for you then I'd roll a NC, and play it when running with the guild and play my other factions when there is no KGB online. Always check vent to at least see, and sometimes if you pop into the PS2 vent channel you can draw a few other KGB in to play as well.

As far as a GSS role goes, I doubt very much that a toon on a whole different server is going to know what is going down on our server. I see the use of such a ploy limited at best and a stronger contribution can be made fulfilling a role on server and on squad as a NC Infiltrator.

Ultimately my advice is, play/do what makes you happy.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Correct, I'd move it to your server, were there to be need of an active GSS presence. I'm on Jaeger right now, and it's lacking in terms of any real cohesion on any of the three factions. AKA I would either be changing servers when it becomes an option (I have several beta VS outfits that ended up going to other servers than I, I clicked and spent too soon lol) and there was some mention... let me find the quote in my support history

Quote:
Greetings

Operative Beaker here to assist you today.

snip
We are working on a way for players to transfer servers and factions. Keep an eye on the Marketplace for such items in the future. snip
Forge on,

Operative Beaker

so in other words it might be possible to transfer unlocks and certs in the future (for a fee, of course)

They/Them

Star Citizen:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
in that case, it would have to be on a "as needed basis", currently KGB does not have the numerical strength or need for GSS activity, but that could change. If it does and we start seeing any significant rise in participation or interest then I wouldn't doubt that you would get the call in that area.

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
What are our outfit numbers currently? I feel like this would have a pretty large draw from our playerbase in particular.

They/Them

Star Citizen:
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Current casual numbers are a single squad at max

(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
in that case, it would have to be on a "as needed basis", currently KGB does not have the numerical strength or need for GSS activity, but that could change. If it does and we start seeing any significant rise in participation or interest then I wouldn't doubt that you would get the call in that area.

In my opinion in this game GSS or other faction infiltration would offer a unfair advantage and could be considered cheating. I think the GSS is out for PS2.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: JetStar
Originally Posted By: Drakiis

In my opinion in this game GSS or other faction infiltration would offer a unfair advantage and could be considered cheating. I think the GSS is out for PS2.

I definitely agree overall, however steps have been taken so there is no (or at least not wantonly) teamkilling. And i would still be doing my best to kill you, just major troop maneuvers that I was not part of. Similar to infiltration of an EVE Corp.

That said, as previously stated I'd agree there's a chance it would breach the game "ethics" -If we ever come to a point of making it an official faction, I'll ask player support and see what they say!

I'd definitely prefer to shoot WITH you rather than at you! =P

They/Them

Star Citizen:
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
(GM4) KGB Prime Minister
KGB Federal Faction
Oracle Admininstrator
Me too hobbit... although it is REALLY fun to KILL JETSTAR!!!!! I can remember many a day in andruk hunting jetstar to kill him with romeo lol

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image]
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard