KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 28 guests, and 22 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,038,872 Trump card
1,343,102 Picture Thread
481,487 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sini
I would support flat tax if first 25K of all income (inflation-adjusted) was excluded from any taxes.

I could get behind that. Taxing the bottom 20% really does not generate much in terms of absolute revenue, but does have an asymmetric negative push on their finances.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I would support flat tax if first 25K of all income (inflation-adjusted) was excluded from any taxes.

I too find no fault with this. Make it happen!!

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
This is how compromise suppose to work. Write your representatives to remind them!

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight

the only serious proposal i read was personal deduction 25k, family of 4 60k (i think) 17% on everything after that

whoops. that was steve forbes back in 2000 i think

ok here we go http://www.pbs.org/newshour/bb/congress/forbes_flat_tax.html

it doesnt say what the personal is, but a family of 4 has a 36k deduction. it should probably be higher.

on a related note, this study needs to be redone. http://www.cato.org/research/pr-nd-st.html

Last edited by Cheerio; 10/25/12 04:01 PM.

KGB Darkfall
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
It get tedious to agree on everything.

Just to make sure we are on the same page, when you say flat tax, you mean FLAT TAX ON EVERYTHING, including dividends and benefits taxed as income, right?

Last edited by sini; 10/26/12 11:01 AM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang

What happened...

GOP and Bush happened. I am starting to think Romnesia must be an epidemic on the right.

You do understand if I apply your "logic" and Romney gets somehow elected, it will instantly become his fault? I hope even you can see flawed logic here.

You are a mindless drone.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
This is how compromise suppose to work. Write your representatives to remind them!

I feel like I should remind you Obama had 18 months of a majority house & Senate. He barely was able to get Obamacare passed, not because of republicans as you Obamanites like to believe, there were 5 or 6 democrats that voted against it.

Then after the Dems lost the house majority Obama had a chance to be a REAL leader. Of course he didn't, so the rest if history. Obama is a fucking joke as a leader.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Wolfgang, do you see "real leader" capitulating to GOP hostage-taking? When most GOP signed "I will not negotiate" pledges? When GOP machine explicitly stated that their goal is to defeat Obama first, everything else second?

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Wolfgang, do you see "real leader" capitulating to GOP hostage-taking? When most GOP signed "I will not negotiate" pledges? When GOP machine explicitly stated that their goal is to defeat Obama first, everything else second?

Well if the President met with you and you gave him a "wish list" and he told you that your party lost and that wasn't going to happen. Don't you think that show's some serious disrespect, Who cares that they signed a pledge, people sign shit everyday but still negotiate. Obama is as guilty or more so than anyone with the failure at not getting to the negotiating table.

How many meetings have you heard of them having??? A REAL leader would have gotten it done. Actions speak louder than words, Obama's actions towards the republicans was of disrespect. He never tried to gain their respect because he didn't want it. Look at every strong leader through-out history you will find they didn't like a lot of their counter parts, but they were able to respect them enough to work with them. Look at the man I have on my Signature, General George Patton. He was a hated man, and he hated some of the people he worked with. But he was still able to get the job done. As a President your role is to be THE LEADER.

Page 7 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard