KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 71 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,539 Trump card
1,340,290 Picture Thread
478,700 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 2 of 2 1 2
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
All of that aside, this article is exactly the sort of mealy mouthed whining I would expect from a member of generation X (my generation) who was raised to believe that everything should be given to him on a silver platter.

Above is prime example of Stockholm syndrome.
Do you stand in front of the mirror and practice not making sense?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
It isn't that black and white Cheerio. Plus in another 20 years thanks to automation even with strong economy we won't need all these people working. What do you propose we do with them?

i dont believe this will be the case. people will have to work for the foreseeable future. i hope yo arent one of those venus project people...

my point is that all transfers from productive to non productive people are destined to fail. ss and other retirements are just pyramid schemes. assuming i get my 30 years in and retire at 62, i am supposed to get 72% of my gross for the rest of my life.
if i dont get a raise for the next 18 years, my retirement will be 4k per month.
i only pay 6k a year (matched by employer) into it!
theres no way that investments can earn that much
plus, the employer contribution in the peoples republic of california is an IOU.

finally: western civ is facing population shortages. too many old, not enough working and paying in. baby boomers (the hippie generation- not tea party) have cut a swath of destruction as they moved thru this country.
they were the hippies who ruined music, encouraged drug use and rebellion for its own sake. they got educations and took over the higher education systems, corrupting them and preaching the gospel of self esteem for its own sake, they neglected their own families, causing divorce homosexuality etc to become the new normal in a single generation, now they demand we all work more and pay more so they can keep their plum retirements

filthy hippies ruined everything

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Its just the fundamental immorality of those who argue that their entitlements are actually human rights, even though providing them long term is unsustainable pyramid scheme.

But it doesnt have to last forever, just until they are gone right?

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
No Derid, it is much simpler - it is "Taxed Enough" type of people that want it all. It is ignorant people insisting on not paying taxes, insisting on electing people to gridlock congress so they don't have to pay taxes, insisting that they can TAKE TAKE TAKE and not pay for this.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
On paper SS is a good idea. You take out part of your income to put in a account, like a 401k(granted the feds put it into one pot) and let it make money on interest. Now this is not suppose to be a tax because your getting it back(if you dont die).

Now the hard part is not to use that money for other things hoping you can put more back in before anyone needs it.

Like I said on paper(my paper using simple math) it looks good till the feds run it.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
No Derid, it is much simpler - it is "Taxed Enough" type of people that want it all. It is ignorant people insisting on not paying taxes, insisting on electing people to gridlock congress so they don't have to pay taxes, insisting that they can TAKE TAKE TAKE and not pay for this.

One major problem with this , is that those taxes being raised also apply to a bunch of people who did notwant/were not adults or even alive when these poor decisions were made.

Raising my taxes to pay into the Boomers' pyramid scheme is what I find so distasteful, especially when even with said increased taxes the systems being paid into still will eventually collapse... because its still a pyramid scheme. Paying more taxes into it simply is saying "well, maybe now there's a small chance I might possibly eventually see a return...maybe... but the folks after me are certainly still fucked."

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

Raising my taxes to pay into the Boomers' pyramid scheme is what I find so distasteful

I am 100% with you, but not raising taxes still means that boomers going to go out living large, and still means that we will have to pay for it. Longer taxes are not raised, longer boomers are not adequately paying into the system.

My personal "ideal" solution is to a) raise taxes b) cut benefits. BOTH. TODAY.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Note I said - CUT, not eliminate.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"assuming i get my 30 years in and retire at 62, i am supposed to get 72% of my gross for the rest of my life. "

Sadly, they factor in the death variable. They are banking on the fact that most will keel over long before they have exhausted their total benefits due to them. This is why the payment is structured, instead of a lump sum payout :D

In fact, didja know, if you die and are receiving SS benefits, the government will recall the last SS check sent to you even if it was already deposited and / or spent ?

Gotta love that one :|

I have zero plans on working till I'm 62. I would like some time outside of the daily office grind to do things assuming my health allows for it. Have known too many folks who died within a year of retirement for me to stick around longer than necessary.

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
the vast majority do live on. and on. life expectancy at 62 is 19 years. it goes up if you are a college graduate. are white. are middle class. and so on.

KGB Darkfall
Page 2 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard