KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

The USA "left" the British Empire. That much is true, the original comment may have been intended to solely include physical movement, but the way it was written was not technically consistent with that intent.

-

civil war
 
noun
a war between political factions or regions within the same country.

--------------

That is the reference.com

Now, do we consider a colony of an Empire a faction or region of the same country.

I will lean toward yes, that we could technically refer to the Revolutionary War as a civil war.

Now that those issues are settled, can we all stop getting heated over semantics please?

-----

Further aside, Sinij, the USA was in fact extremely libertarian for a very long time... and has never been anything like Somalia, so can you please stop using that reference - it really serves no purpose.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid
Now that those issues are settled, can we all stop getting heated over semantics please?

Derid, but someone is wrong on the internet, we have to correct them!

Quote:
Further aside, Sinij, the USA was in fact extremely libertarian for a very long time and has never been anything like Somalia

This is true, you could consider part of US history as libertarian and you can point to a number of similarities with present day Somalia - from mining company towns, to Pikertons, to large lawless areas (of wild west fame), to robber barons.

Quote:
so can you please stop using that reference - it really serves no purpose.

No I won't, not until libertarians clearly define limits to reduction of government and limits to deregulation as opposed to "more is better!" approach.

Still, this is clearly not a health care debate, how about we move it to appropriate thread?

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Your Ignorance is simply amazing.

Did you completely abandoned any further attempts of intellectual pursuits and relegated yourself to comforts of intentional denial?

By the reply below I would say you have beaten me to it!
Quote:
No, they didn't leave, they had a nice civil war over cup of tea and agreed to have quite a bit of changes done to how things are run.

So in conclusion - fuck you, I am staying, how about you get your troglodyte ass the fuck out to your libertarian "small government" paradise in Somalia instead?

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I just wanted to add that Wolfgang, I love and respect you as a person despite the fact of your questionable political convictions.

[thumbsup}

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
I just wanted to add that Wolfgang, I love and respect you as a person despite the fact of your questionable political convictions.

[thumbsup}

Awww I love ME too Sinij. [yes]

I respect all views, If we all had the same views it would be a pretty fucking boring place!

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Healthcare spending around the world, country by country

Quote:
The data shows that the US has the highest health spending in the world - equivalent to 17.9% of its gross domestic product (GDP), or $8,362 per person. And it's not all private - government spending is at $4,437 per person, only behind Luxembourg, Monaco and Norway

So to put it in perspective, US government share of healthcare spending is BIGGER than entire healthcare spending by countries with universal healthcare, like Canada.

Where are the outcomes?

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

You dont listen when things are explained to you, so why go through it again?

You only seem interested in latching on to correlations that support your pre-determined outcome, and show little interest in the metal rigor of understanding the underlying systems and how they interact.

A couple cherry picked numbers pulled from a system this large and complex mean nothing unless you understand the whys and hows.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Explain? Please, you wave hands in the air and ignore the facts.

Obscene, huge numbers of money US spends on healthcare isn't some correlation - it is The Problem.

Sorry MONEY SPENT ON HEALTHCARE isn't "couple cherry picked numbers" it is The Problem.

Why do I bother, you will still ignore elephant in the room because it doesn't pass your ideological purity test.

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
US government share of healthcare spending is BIGGER than entire healthcare spending by countries with universal healthcare

[Linked Image]
Kaotic Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
US government share of healthcare spending is BIGGER than entire healthcare spending by countries with universal healthcare

And even with that they still can't make shit work, and you want to give them more power and more money. Stupid is as stupid does...

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Page 4 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard