if applied the correct way.

I work in IT. A small group of us handles an inner-company network that spans most of the US. Of the ten of us, about half are truly competent in their job. The rest just drool on themselves and draw a paycheck.

One of them stands above all others.

He's been with us two years or so and I hath no clue how he even landed the job to begin with. His nickname is the " Singularity " as any knowledge or intelligence that finds its way into his cube is never seen or heard from again.

We're talking WAAAAAY down the Bell Curve here. As in he goes all glassy eyed when I try to explain the very simple concepts of: Telnet, FTP and spreadsheet basics. It's that bad.

Up until today, I thought this person to be completely useless to me ( and the group in general ). Then I realized this person could be utilized in a very unique fashion.

When the next complex project comes up from another group that gives us any sh*t, we'll simply assign the Singularity to it. If it gets completed at all, it will take weeks for it to happen. By that time they will be begging us to never use such an evil weapon ever again.

-closes his eyes and chants-

I love my job . . .

I love my job . . .