So, in an economic recession, I find it very telling to see Game Publishing houses raising the price per unit of main stream games. I wouldn't mind paying more for a polished, well written game, that wasn't full of bugs and fully exploitable. Every game has some issues, I realize that. I am talking about the ration of mostly broken games that get pushed out 6 months to a year before hand and then patched and updated on the back end once the unit payout has hit.

I don't think we should be paying significantly more for a game that isn't fully produced to a polished level that would consummate what most reasonable gamers would consider a sound game platform from which to build.

A lot of this is coming from Activision's announcement that they are going to jack up the price on Modern Warfare II from $49.99 to a minimum of $59.99 for no reason other then increase profit margins. The Euro's are really getting screwed over this, they are going to have to pay upwards of $100 a unit with the current conversion and VAT.

Read More: Here

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!