well from what I am hearing, tactics are somewhat questionable in Darkfall. It has a very FPS type of game play and most tactics if you can really call them such, have boiled down to a run and gun, hit and run style. This is not to say that tactics are not possible, rather it is more of a perspective based on one's personal preference or play style that more often then not can win a battle. Coordination and communication is key, and that requires intimate knowledge of those you play with and how they fight. In some cases, formalized tactics have shown great promise only to be disrupted by atypical and unorthodox methods or chaotic tendencies.

Knowing the lay of the land is also key and due to the size and distances involved usually means few will have such knowledge. I once thought this way very much and I mean not to discourage such talk, however from what I've come to understand most players will benefit more from the game when they come to grips with a fighting style more to their personal tastes, and yet at the same time will be able to intuitively work with other members ways of fighting at the same time.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]