We talk about this a little bit in-game but I just wanted to give some tips to those that are considering their initial weapon choice.

Stamina is the key element in DFO when you are out of stamina you are done.

I have had a couple of one-on-one pvp fights with 2H (either sword or polearm) and generally those fights end with them running with me at full life and half or more stam. They quickly run out of stam and I beat them down. Sword and Board beats 2H.

Last night we were in Epic's town on Cairn and only one guy was active and 3-4 were afk getting Willie's faction up (I haven't seen Willie blue since we started day 1 of launch).

Donk and the Epic guy chat a bit and we decide to 1v1 instead of everyone chasing the guy around. Our biggest problem was that his euro ping of 20 versus our 250 made for an interesting fight with him moving quickly doing figure 8's at sprint speed and some of us not keeping up very well.

His 2H vs our 2H (2 of ours 1v1) was not much of a fight after he started the sprinting. Even though our best pvpers were involved he finished them off fairly easily.

I was the only Sword and Board, and I am not saying I am our best pvper, and our fight ended as a no decision. He couldn't kill me and I regenned as fast as he was hitting me. He backed off alot when I wasn't taking damage, I expect to conserve his stam. I never went below 85-90% hp or 80-90% stam and I did not press him much on the attack, I did press a little to test him when he backed off and he backed further which I think meant he had burned some stam.

So while it was an UGLY fight my defense was close to equal to his attack and I feel like my survivability is very high 1v1 or more importantly when sieging starts. If someone is attacking me in a siege they are going to want to switch to a softer target who they can take down faster. The longer I can keep standing the more I am distracting or attacking them. It's a battle of attrition and this style is one that can help you stay in the battle.

I am going to work up my 2H sword but I am very happy with the Sword and Board start. Parry is king right now in DFO.

As I said it was a very boring ugly fight with him having difficulty with my defense and me staying defensive mostly, but there were 4-5 guys watching the fight, however dissapointing it was for action, maybe they can give their take on it.

My parry was only 44.8 at the time. It goes up slow but it's powerful.