Yeah, I made the mistake of getting the SWG guide when I was young and stupid. Terrible idea. It did have some useful tables in the back with monsters' HP and attack damage and such, but funny thing is by the time I bought the guide the devs had already changed a lot of those values through patches. What's more is throughout the time I played the game patches completely made the guide obsolete. Aside from those tables though, the rest of the information was extremely weak. Prima or whatever the brand is pretty much copy pasted the class lore descriptions and put that, and the trees as the sole information on the classes. Other than that, yeah like you said, it gives extremely basic information, it's like a slightly thicker game manual. The information on crafting was pretty much "you have to learn it from a trainer, then have a tool in your inventory and go to a crafting station."

Yeah, getting a guide for an MMO is ridiculous. ... I guess in time I've come to realize that getting a guide in itself is ridiculous, but this especially applies to an ever-changing game like an MMO. Come to think of it also for a game where you have to be a retard to not figure out how to do the stuff anyway.


BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]