Quote:



Hopefully, when Darkfall is released, we'll see a return of clear cut 'good guys' and 'bad guys'.




I'm hoping this doesn't happen. Not because I like to grief players by killing miners and other ludicrous targets, but because most times in war; there are no good guys and bad guys - only victors, losers, and the jackals waiting on the side. A dynamic world is much more exciting than one made up of axis vs allies or alliance vs horde.

Quote:

The development of the KGB Marshall program was our initial response to work around game mechanisms regarding murderers, while retaining the honor of the KGB.




This sounds situational - depending on the type of enemy KGB are fighting. Certain measures are always needed to fight against those who would exploit the goodness of an honorable nation.

Quote:

Whatever comes, I do not want to see the KGB forsake our heritage or our honor, and become yet another griefer guild, killing newbs, lumberjacks, or miners, for example. It goes without saying that enemies of the KGB will be slain whenever possible, no quarter given. But those with whom we have no quarrel should have nothing to fear from the KGB. Indeed, peaceful travelers should fall under the protection of the KGB. This is how the KGB has gained citizens and allies in the past, and that is how I would like to see us continue in the future.





Even in a dynamic world, KGB can still retain honor through trust and respect, as you've stated above, and I've stated in my previous post. The random Killing of lumberjacks and miners is usually a sign of dishonor and weakness - unless you're raiding an obvious enemy while they're trying to attain resources before launching an attack on KGB, or before KGB launches an attack on their stronghold. And yep, I totally agree that an enemy should be treated with little or no mercy.

Personally, I loved how it was in Shadowbane. An enemy one day could be an ally the next, or vice versa. It was completely player-enforced. You remembered a name of someone who killed you - and in DFO or AOC, hopefully you could place a bounty on their head, etc. The whole blue vs red thing is too elementary for my taste.


[Linked Image]

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]