June 4th, 2022 - Year 25
[Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]

KGB NEW WORLD POLL AND FACTION CHANGES

The KGB New World faction has had it's ups and downs over the last nine months. At one point, we got to 76 company members, and the future looked bright. We got to experience town ownership on a smaller population server, and some of our folks got to beat high-end mutated dungeons. After about two months in, many of the KGB veterans who raced to 60 became dissatisfied with the game, and our numbers fell. The faction would never recover from this.
Most recently, the exodus to V Rising took us below critical mass. This means we struggle to have five players online simultaneously, which is the minimum number needed to take part in Guild-only end-game content.

POLL RESULTS

With this reality, I posted a poll regarding the future of the closed KGB Faction in New World to gauge interest and involvement in the near future. The results are in.
Of the 19 respondents, 10 have committed to full-time play in the next 1 to 3 weeks. Those 10 make up a variety of player styles. This means that much of the end game content that our most hard-core members want to experience would not be available to them with guild-only participation. This includes M10 mutations, Town ownership, PvP 5 man groups, etc.
It would be unfair to hold these players back from this content and their continued enjoyment of the game.
I have therefore decided to OPEN the faction. Let me explain in detail what that means to our newer members.

OPEN VS CLOSED

A **CLOSED** KGB Faction is how KGB plays specific games by default. This means that all members must be part of the in-game guild or company as long as they play on the same server. This means central leadership and organization and working towards common goals. We recruit and do our best to succeed. If a KGB member wanted to join another in-game guild or company, they would have to resign from the guild and potentially rejoin at some point in the future.

By changing the faction to **OPEN**, KGB members are free to join whatever organization they please and come and go from the in-game company as they see fit. **YOU RETAIN YOUR KGB GUILD MEMBERSHIP** if you join another company in New World. There are some specific rules on this everyone who joins other companies needs to consider. All of this is detailed here:
https://www.the-kgb.com/the-kgb-bill-of-rights-and-conduct/ in General Order 2: "Thou shalt swear faith to no other nation but KGB"
Basically, just don't be a dick. Here is a summary:
1. You may never intentionally attack or assist in any nonconsensual attack against any citizen of KGB or KGB Organization at any time. (FOR NEW WORLD, just no griefing, PVP is fine)
2. You may never use KGB resources (Web, Voice Communications, etc) against the KGB or any KGB member at any time. Such actions will be considered treason and dealt with per the KGB constitution.
3. KGB members that have affiliations with other organizations would be barred from holding any leadership position within KGB and could advance only to the rank of Knight. You must forfeit any leadership achieved at the time you join another organization. At any time, you may decide to give up those affiliations and become eligible for leadership and military advancement.

SO WHAT NOW?

The KGB Company will remain intact, and I, as Guild and KGB Faction leader, will remain active in daily play. I will do my best to keep things going and be prepared for a potential return by our membership based on future content for as long as a core group of members or I decide to stay. You are all welcome to stay or go as your interests dictate. This is without hard feelings or prejudice. KGB has been through this many times, and all games end up in this mode.
You do not need to notify KGB leadership if you move to another organization. Just make sure to follow the guidelines listed here. You can simply just leave and reach out if you want to rejoin the company at any time.

IN CONCLUSION

On a personal note, I cannot say I am not disappointed and saddened by this outcome. I imagine that I and the other folks that are playing New World, just found something special in the game that others do not. I can confidently say I gave this my all and rarely missed a day of activity since my involvement with Crowfall which met a similar fate. For me it is about the conversations, the laughs, and the teamwork with all of you that are my guildmates and friends. That is the part I miss the most about gaming online. I am very glad that their is a core group that will be staying behind with me to continue.
To those that are moving on, you will probably spend most of your time in other Discord servers. I have had the best time in this game that I have had in years! For those of you that are staying behind, I look forward to more adventures in New World and future games.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter