I was going to say something along the lines of what Arcain said; it's why when I play games KGB isn't in, I drift through guilds, quitting them out of disinterest after mere weeks.

We're a group of people that no matter how diverse (IBM ... travelers or whatever you do :P, students, housewives, cops, soldiers, Mercenaries (I what you REALLY do in Iraq, Raek!) wangsters (Haraa :P), American, European, South-American, Protestant, Mormon, Catholic, Atheist, etc.) happen to have the common interest of gaming. KGB is full of great people that form the bond that makes the guild ever-lasting: friendship.

When I join another guild I find the people to be boring. In WoW for example they're all on their own little loot-quest, maybe saying random Chuck Norris jokes in guild chat or something, but for the most part, they aren't interested in befriending me, and I'm frankly not interested in befriending them. It's not I dislike them or anything, but they're bland; I think of them as a classmate, sure, to a degree they're your friend, but many you just go through the day having said "Hi" and "Bye" to them, and those that are closer friends to you mostly hang out in school with you, nothing more. In WoW for example, I rarely PvPed with those guilds, I never hung out in Ventrilo with them just talking crap, I never saw truly interesting threads on their forums, I would just go to a raid, pay my dues, and get out.

It's hard not to see why KGB continues. Why would anyone ever want this to stop? As long as I'm gaming, I'm going to be KGB, it's where my digital friends are at, and I don't want to sever the ties I have with them. I may not always be playing the game KGB is playing at the moment (many are in EVE right now, I just got into it again, for months I was drifting around First Person Shooters, RPGS, and Warcraft III, but I'm playing with them again. Bishop is going on a mission for two years but he'll visit these forums when he gets back home,) but I'll never stop visiting these forums, even if just to keep up to date with events.

KGB continues because we're not players that happened to join some guild. We're friends that happened to join some game. I think that's what I was getting to, the theme of my whole argument. These guilds in WoW will never stick together because they banded together for the purpose of succeeding in WoW. Five years from now when cobwebs are filling up WoW's server clusters, and the server populations have diminished, these guilds will have lost their purpose, and will simply fade into the past. Five years from now when the game we're currently playing dies away into antiquity, we'll simply get on these forums again, waiting for the next game we all happen to play together.


BoS Archon
[Linked Image from miniprofile.xfire.com][Linked Image from sigimages.bf2tracker.com]