I think we need to differentiate between the unmitigated disaster that was withdrawal from unmitigated disaster that was US presence in Afghanistan.

I don't think Biden should be held responsible for the disaster that was US presence in Afghanistan. I think key blame is neocons during Bush era that started this thing and partially to blame everyone else that came after that decided to kick the can down the road. I expect regardless of when withdrawal was to happen, 2011 to 2041, it would have always ended with eventual Taliban takeover.

I do think that Biden should be held responsible for the disaster that was US withdrawal. This is solely on him and his incapable administration. Saying that Trump would have likely created similar mess is poor defense. I thought the whole purpose of electing Biden is to do a better job as POTUS than Trump, and clearly, it is not even arguably the case here - Trump wanted to withdraw from Afghanistan during his term, but had sufficient presence of mind or luck to not create this mess. Biden did.

[Linked Image]