Originally Posted by Owain
Originally Posted by JetStar
Originally Posted by Vuldan
Thanks Jet. I plan on playing New World. I know several others who will be doing the same. Yes, I will maintain my crowfall too, but I am going to give New World the hard try.

How are you feeling about the PVP Flag. I am very concerned.
What is the PvP flag, and why are you concerned?

I am not certain yet if it is indeed that big of an issue. It will depend on how they manage it and if it can be turned off at will no matter where you are. I didn't get to use it in the beta, as I was trying to discover the other aspects of the game and we have far better PvPer's than I will ever be.

Owain, It is the ability to un-tag yourself from PvP, meaning you can't be attacked or attack others.

Jet, I do however think they have safeguards built-in...i.e. PvP actions, sieges etc, obviously require the setting to be turned on. I am researching to see if there is a minimum time once turned on that it can be turned back off...I can't imagine they did not account for the potential grief tool if they didn't account for that. Also, remember that it can only be turned off and on in a sanctuary, so people can't turn it on mid run through an area when they see an enemy and turn it back off. The other consideration is the faction as well. So, say for example if KGB is Covenant, which I prefer over Marauder or Syndicate, I dont think PvP can occur against another Covenant flagged guild. So if our long time enemy also went Covenant, it could be a bit deflating. Who wants a PvP game where we can't make members of the winterblades cry...

Last edited by Vuldan; 08/05/21 02:40 AM.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]