I am turbo necroing this thread ...

Because, I like to bring things full circle.

Unfortunately previous comments about SQ42 release time tables and discussions are sprinkled throughout other threads. In short to summate, even during the Kickstarter the expectation was 2018 at the earliest for a playable version of SQ42 and probably 2020 for the final release of a live constant Verse.

Now to my point. I really really really hate Sandy Gardiner (Chris "Baby Jesus" Robert's wife). I disliked her from the beginning as she is shameless in her PR and is 100% for sale (read ethical grey area). My disdain for her grew to the boiling point several years ago in the StarCitizen subscriber private forums (AKA The Backroom) where pay to say (read ask questions) was there from the beginning. The act that caused me to be perma banned from CIG forums (at least for one account) was when Sandy pushed out the Wingman (Eric Peterson), who was by far one of the single best community personalities I have had the pleasure to watch "Keep it real" while still being a good company man. What caused me to NECRO this thread today was the recent SQ42 news letter. What really pisses me off about the below monthly blast, is that only the first lead in paragraph has anything to do with SQ42. The remaining 2/3rds of the media is about Sandy's "The Verse" and more monetization.

February 22nd, 2018

Attention Recruits,

Welcome to another official Squadron 42 dispatch. This month's briefings include a quick update on what the developers have been working on since we checked in last, and a detailed look at the cutting-edge AI systems being implemented in the game.

Around the Verse takes us aboard the Idris frigate, featured in last year's vertical slice, to illustrate the integration of the complex AI tech with story, character and environmental interaction. The designers and developers are using this integration to give NPCs appropriate schedules, motivations, and reactions, bringing the massive 85 person crew to life, and creating a totally immersive cinematic experience that reacts dynamically to the player.

This weekend marks your final chance to "Super-Size" a Star Citizen starter package and add Squadron 42 for just $15, which also includes access to Star Marine and Arena Commander. And if you haven't geared up yet, head over to the store to pick up an official Squadron 42 T-shirt and show the world that Cal is indeed your wingman.

Over and Out,

UEE Naval High Command

For those of you who didn't do the TLDR; here is the SA wunderthread as a timeline.

SA StarCitizen Timeline of Shame

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!