Without a doubt in my mind alongside Star Citizen, Archeage will be a big game for KGB. With the pre purchasing there is a 4 day head start. This will be huge and early speed is key to gaining key housing placements which will be advantageous to keeping a leg up.

Starting to compile info for people.

Helpful Links:

Build Calculator:
http://www.archeage-impact.de/index.php?...100011000100110

Trade Routes:
http://archeagesource.com/topic/1967-trade-routes-the-risky-road-to-fame-and-fortune/

Thoughts: (Lessons learned the hard way after 100 hrs of play)

So coming into this game we were 3 weeks behind the alpha testers that were in since the very beginning. (The purchasers of the Archeum packs got in later.)

My first thought was to rush to level cap that way I could be useful in helping others to level as well. I was a tad bit wrong in this theory as I skipped the entire crafting side of the game in lieu of just chasing the main quest line and all non crafting quests...(Go figure)

EARLY CRAFTING IS MORE IMPORTANT THAN LEVELING AS IT GIVES YOU THE LAND ADVANTAGE.

At the start of this game you should have 3 builds in mind. Two of these are for leveling and the 3rd is your end game PvP build.

1: Leveling build
2: Dungeon build
3: PvP build
A: Group build
B: Mass build

Now this game has a different system than anything recently out. You get to select 3 skill trees and from those skill trees select abilities/spells. As you level up and use abilities you get both skill points to unlock new abilities from your selected trees and those skills gain rank.

That aside questing is fairly straightforward and the game actually highlights where to go for you and uses a quest tracker.

The important thing is to get your farms down early.

First trade quests are for...

100 strawberries (crop)
100 goosefeathers (which you will need beans to feed your geese)
30 stone bricks (90 stone?)
? dye (flowers?)

Passing out at my desk, space to edit later.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]