Is Democracy hate really a thing on the right now? I'm having trouble believing that I need to defend the constitution to constitution defenders, or extol the virtues of political liberty to Libertarians.

Originally Posted By: Derid

mob rule

This was a nice topic of conversation when our founding fathers were creating a new government. Today, we have dozens of stable democracies far removed from mob rule. This thread in particular was created because of an act of political violence against a mob. That is the very definition of not being mob rule. Also, let us not pretend that facist/dictators(whatever) don't use public sentiment/propaganda just as much, if not more, than modern democracies.

Originally Posted By: Derid

Honestly, if you believe this you should take a closer look at our foreign policy.

I'm well aware of our grand history of supporting banana republics against popular revolutions. This has changed recently; most noticeably with George W. The US now supports messy democracy over stable dictatorships. If you truly believe that all men are created equal and have the right to self governence, than this is the only proper conclusion.

Spot on about the last point.