That video only makes sense if you believe the U.N. propaganda talking points he's spewing.

For instance, we're only 49th in life expectancy when you don't factor out accidents and homicides. If you take out those two things (neither of which has anything to do with health care) we're first.

178th in infant mortality. Because we count babies as live births that 99% of the rest of the world calls still born or aborted and a great number of those we're able to save. So, if using the technology we have to save millions of lives causes us to rank poorly in some study done by an organization that promotes and participates in the genocide of African citizens(insert multitude of other atrocities committed by the U.N. and its "peacekeeping" forces here) then I, for one, will certainly not lose one minute of sleep over it.

We're not the only ones who have freedom, we're the ones who started it and the ones largely responsible for the freedom of those other countries he listed. I challenge you to find one rational, educated, thinking person on this planet who doesn't realize that without the United States the entire globe would be speaking German, and if by some chance Japan and Germany managed to kill each other then we'd all be speaking Russian but for the strong, moral stance of one country, U.S.

We are still the greatest nation on earth. We're on our knees, bloody and torn, from the beating we've allowed ourselves to take at the hands of seemingly well intentioned people who seem hell bent on taking everything we've accomplished and throwing it all away in the name of some esoteric "fairness". These same people look on our accomplishments with disdain and cannot understand that one person's success is not dependent on another's failure. Sadly, our own president is one of them. The rest of the world is not poor because America is wealthy. The rest of the world is poor because they have not been given the freedom to succeed that we have enjoyed for the past two centuries.

Obviously we're not perfect, but I'd damn sure rather live here than anywhere else on this planet.

*edit
What's really sad is that the ME generation that is currently soaking in this drivel most likely assumes that everything on this show is true since it has just enough truth mixed in to make it seem like Mr. Sorkin isn't distorting facts for his own political agenda.

It's also sad that he used to make AMAZING television, but ever since the last couple of seasons of the West Wing, its really gone downhill.

Last edited by Kaotic; 07/17/12 04:47 PM.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]