KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 23 guests, and 10 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,353 Trump card
1,341,682 Picture Thread
479,378 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#55291 12/21/09 01:59 PM
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
What is our status with Andruk? And what is going on with the alliance? I am under the impression we are in some kind of probabtion right now with the alliance. Is that correct? And why aren't they improving the city. I'm off an on lately with the holidays, so I might be missing out on some of the stuff. Just curious.

#55295 12/21/09 02:33 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
The city is being improved and we are full members of the DA alliance, although there is a difficult situation with LOD right now that we are dealing with.

I expect to see the first guard tower up in the next 72 hours.

For now, DA and Andruk are our home.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
#55296 12/21/09 02:34 PM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Double post FTL

Last edited by JetStar; 12/21/09 02:35 PM.

Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
JetStar #55309 12/21/09 10:11 PM
KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
Guard tower ftw!

*edit*
but I must say when KGB owns a city we build shit better and faster then MC does!

Last edited by Thomas; 12/21/09 10:11 PM.

Leader: KGB Korea
Paladin of the Knights of Glory and Beer!
Former KGB RIFT BC Faction
Former Supreme Court Justice
Former Provost Marshal
Former GSS Agent
Former Knight Captain
Former Champion
Thomas #55314 12/22/09 08:07 AM
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
(GM5) KGB King
KGB Federal Faction
Originally Posted By: Thomas
Guard tower ftw!

*edit*
but I must say when KGB owns a city we build shit better and faster then MC does!

I agree with you Thomas smile

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com]
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Yeah, but like Jet said sometime ago, the best thing to KGB overall right now, its not to own a city, and focus on toon development and group development. No excuses this time! :p

The best thing is dont care about LD or whatever guild think of KGB and do our own thing...

Like own an whole island, that IMHO is more important than a Keep.

Last edited by Mithus; 12/22/09 09:14 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Mithus #55317 12/22/09 10:53 AM
S
Squared
Unregistered
Squared
Unregistered
S
I ask because I also hear not to contribute to city imporivement. I have a ton of mats with two alts farming away and I can focus on stone if need be.

#55321 12/22/09 11:40 AM
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Well I would say, donate lightly....
Maybe 1/4 of your mats

Star Citizen Hanger:
#55322 12/22/09 11:44 AM
Band 6
Band 6
We've been distracted ALOT lately, what with the ships, keep and the various other building projects we've been associated with - which is not a problem because those things are fun, but we need to buckle down.

I feel our character development is hurting, especially since a lot of people have to farm the money just to level up skills, compounded with the fact that they lose sets of gear that needs to be replaced whenever we go on these "fun" expiditions - equals a loss of characters.

We really need to buckle down, because there's always something to build. What happens if the alliance takes a new city? Will we accept andruk? How can we reject MC outright? A lot of KGB members have given a lot of keys and stored up money for the keep, money they could of spent leveling up skills. If we accept a city, I have no doubt, KGB members will give the rest of their banks to fund the city - something that will destroy any hopes that we'll get our characters up for pvp viability.

Not to mention the fact that, just by looking at PVE groups, our coordination is not even CLOSE to the point where i'm comfrotable we can compete with the best.

I hate to sound so negative once again, but it takes a LONG time to level up magic - if you're going that route. (And lets not forget the gold. Also, some people don't have a lot of time to play AND they don't macro, so they have to be efficent with their time) So a long time of uninterrupted skilling up is a plus for our members, the occational guild activity doesn't hurt to build group cohesion, but it shouldn't be at the cost of go-bags every time. (When we die) Doesn't matter for me, but in vent, people say they only have 300 gold, so it matters for them.

The guard towers should help us a BUNCH, though - considering we've been fending off people 24/7 lately.

Look, I hate to say it, because i'm preety sure 99% of people in KGB hate my negativity all tht time and tune me out ...

But I don't play this game to make friends. I don't play this game for PvE. I play this game for one reason, and one reason only. PvP. Organization. Field battle. And between the kracken trips, farming for the keep, discovering new spawns, considering building a city, and now our newest distraction, building KGB island - it seems like we're dedicating zero time to PvP.

This isn't wow. Building our character is not enough. You know how many Dominion players had magic fully leveled up? I'd say one or two groups full. But, lets bet honest, THEY SUCKED DICK coordination wise. Too hectic. This is what I want to drill into people's head, even with a good character, you can still suck.

It just seems that it's only a matter of time before MC moves out and we're going to take Andruk. What are we going to do? Say no? There's no one else with the members or the dedication to fund and build andruk. KGB's the ONLY option in the alliance. There's no way we say no and risk losing our new friends.

PVP takes practice. You don't get elite in one day, and if we want to hold hands and be friends all the time, and never get serious - we'll never have that elite, coordinated pvp group that I joined KGB to play with.

Last edited by Syloc; 12/22/09 12:08 PM.

Former KGB Member
Syloc #55324 12/22/09 12:06 PM
Kay Offline
KGB Alumni
KGB Alumni
Stop. Stop stop stop. Stop making excuses for not building your characters.

I'm so sick of hearing it. All you have to do is make 1.5-2k a day if you want to macro the entire night. That's less than one hour of mob grinding.

That's enough gold to buy the regs to macro all night long. I do it every single day. Or, just go out for 4-5 hours on the weekend and stock up for the entire week of macroing. Hell, you may even get a key as a bonus, which isn't factored in to hourly gold rates.

Character development is not limited by money, at all. Newbie staffs are essentially free, as are r1 swords/etc.

In Hoc Signo Vinces
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard