The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Derid COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/14/09 10:01 PM
While this game certainly promotes character diversity, which is grand - I am going to ask all of you to try to COMBAT SPEC something to 80+ over the course of the next week.

Whether it be 2H, Archery, Greater or Elementals etc Magic + good damage or Heal spell, or 1H+Parry (Though everyone should work for 50 parry ASAP)

Sieging will be coming soon, and having one area of skill that is very high, combined with good matching equipment will be much more effective than having many skills howering in the 30's and 40's

Eventually many of us will end up with many different skill types and diverse characters, which is good. But in the short term, I am asking everyone to pick a discipline they enjoy doing and are good at and work it first until it becomes end-game effective.

Thanks!
Posted By: rhaikh Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 03:44 AM
No problem, got 4000 mats for my earth magic? :P

Just kidding.. I will probably try to get 1h+parry up. They are at 40 and 30 right now.
Posted By: Revol Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 03:46 AM
I'm sword and board, but my stats are pretty weak, and it's not something that can really be macroed.
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 05:35 AM
I recently posted a sword and board macro on the repository, rev. I just need someone to test it with. To run it though you need a 2nd person running its complimentary macro.
Posted By: Thomas Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 07:22 AM
so to help out, if your not doing anything in game, leave yourself afk at bindstone and tell people to beat on you.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 07:25 AM
Definitely melee polearm.

However, unless I can get someone to macro heal while I macro stabbing someone for hours on end over the next week, it will be impossible for me to get above 50 in melee that soon. I just don't have the hours. Ironically enough, macroing minor-spell-casting and mining is a lot easier.
Posted By: Dunlop_Phaete Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 07:28 AM
Even a plain polearm spec needs lesser magic at 50 for Mana to Stam (it's clutch) and mining and lumber jacking raise base stats which you need
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 07:42 AM
Yeah crim, don't worry so much about the main skill (although it clearly helps to have it as close to 75 as possible) Strength also plays a huge role in the damage you deal as Dunlop said.
Posted By: Thomas Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 02:23 PM
Honestly it is gonna be really hard to do 75+ weapon skill for a lot of our members in one week. Heck even our more dedicated players will still have a hard time with all the other distractions like farming building materials, etc.

Best way is to get people out killing mobs 10 hours a day where your hitting non stop or head to the bind stone and macro each other all day long!

It took me almost 2 hours non stop hitting a person to get 2 full points and this gets slower the higher skill your at.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 04:25 PM
Yah, I've already been macroing mining and magery. My lesser magic is already at 35 or so. I'm just saying that my main skill (polearm) is going to be more difficult to increase because it requires a physical target over an extended period of time (and I won't always have a lot of time).
Posted By: BoSllBibliotequa Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 04:37 PM
Well I'm working on an Autoit macro that should allow two people to grind their melee out together all night, I know Vyse is interested in running it and would like a partner. I'd also love to do it, but I still have to spend about 3 more days working on my Mana Missile to cap it. It's currently at 89.0, and it goes up by 3-4 levels a day. All the server resets are really fucking up my AFK productivity.
Posted By: Arginal Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 10:15 PM
I think I'll have to set a more realistic goal - my 2-h while high will take much more then a week to get to 75... I will strive for 50+ parry this week.
Posted By: Derid Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/15/09 11:06 PM

Well, various people are at various stages depending on when they got in, playtime, how badly the queue is pwning them etc ^_^

Whats your 2H at right now?

The primary point of my post, was to remind people that they become 2x as effective when one of their combat skills starts approaching endgame level with equip, and 4x as effective when they approach the upper tier of the second tier of whatever skill it is they are doing.

Donk showed us in beta what 2H with good str, and some Mastery skill could do.

We are now seeing that elemental mages do 30+ damage with their first elemental spell, with a newbie staff. And the bolts move and fire very quickly. Imagine how hard it will hit with a rank 60 staff, and 75+ skill.

So, it is important to remind folk of these things. Though the game promotes diversity, a degree of specializing is good.
Posted By: Arginal Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/16/09 12:28 AM
I am just about to crack 50 2-h. Not as big as some of the guys but its going up. My GM is on the cusp of tipping 25 where then I can get into some new spells with regs I can actually farm. (I HATE BONE!) and hope to push to 50 ASAP. So I basically work 2-h to farm regs and blow the regs as soon as they get in my pack (in case I get ganked). It sounds like I am spliting my training but really I am maxing out my magic training in my AFK hours and working my 2-h while active.

But as you say, we need to focus so I might slow the farming of regs and see about wacking on people near the bind stone. I have also made a parry macro I am going to test that will let people be afk at the bind stone and parry so they gain some skill as well as the people bashing on them, but needs to be tested.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/16/09 12:26 PM
I just started playing a few days ago, so my Polearm is actually lower than my mining and minor magic. It's at 20.6 or something (minor spell=35 and mining = 46 or so), because I haven't had anyone to melee macro with. My macros are based on my Nostromo pad. However, if I can see the lines used by your other programs, I'm sure to match that on a Nostromo to ensure posterity and will definitely be trying to get the polearm skill higher.

For those of you looking for some melee-skill building partners, let me know.
Posted By: Owain Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/17/09 11:29 PM
Originally Posted By: Crimthan
I just started playing a few days ago, so my Polearm is actually lower than my mining and minor magic. It's at 20.6 or something (minor spell=35 and mining = 46 or so), because I haven't had anyone to melee macro with. My macros are based on my Nostromo pad. However, if I can see the lines used by your other programs, I'm sure to match that on a Nostromo to ensure posterity and will definitely be trying to get the polearm skill higher.

For those of you looking for some melee-skill building partners, let me know.

Hey, Crim. Installing now. I'll be your punching bag buddy.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/17/09 11:32 PM
Right-O, Gov'na!

Tis RP Tuesday!
Posted By: Arkh Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/18/09 08:09 AM
Well, I used two macroed accounts while I slept. The gain is not good as what active people can do frown
But it's better than nothing.
Posted By: Vyse Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/18/09 02:32 PM
If anyone needs a punching bag let me know. Let's try out the macros BoS created. I can't play much today but I can get in and set up a macro and we can skill up our whacking all night (yes that was a set up so someone feel free to comment lol).
Posted By: Owain Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/18/09 10:23 PM
Originally Posted By: Owain
Hey, Crim. Installing now. I'll be your punching bag buddy.

Well, that was premature. I have the client downloaded and installed using the DarkFall download torrent, and I have a Darkfall account, but since I haven't bought the client through the online store yet, I can't log in. Since the online store is open NEVER, it may be a while before I can get in.
Posted By: Derid Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/19/09 04:34 AM
Doh

Hopefully soon Owain !
Posted By: Arkh Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/19/09 08:38 PM
Polearms are bugged.
Got my two toons beating each other with the same macro reversed (15 hit then parry with one, parry then 15 hits with the other).
Arkh got from 30ish to 47.3 parry. It was hit by Lamva's polearm.
Lamva got from 15 to 46 parry. Hit by Arkh's 2h sword.

Polearm hit are parried but, they don't improve the parry skill every hit (when you don't ear the mettalic sound of parry I think).
Posted By: iceviper Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/20/09 10:39 AM
i would like to skill up 2 hand , right now my mana missile 71.1 snd self heal 60 , i dont have any gold to buy any new spells yet , i will keep macroing mama missile ,

if anyone wants to macro 2 hand with autoit i would like to do it also
Posted By: Vyse Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/20/09 12:54 PM
Hey Iceviper,

I am working one hand but I am sure we can figure out a macro. I have been trying to find someone to macro with at night during the week. If you want to try to set something up that would be cool.
Posted By: iceviper Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/20/09 06:52 PM
ok i am in the tower by bank macroing magic just give me a message . i get off work at 3 pst butt my computer is at work so i check on my macroing all the time , so we can start anytime you like
Posted By: Sir Teabaggains Re: COMBAT SPECCING - ALL READ - 03/26/09 05:33 PM
Ya my weapon skill isn't even 50 yet and I've been macroing at the stone and constantly asking to go out on kobold or NPC runs. I want to get my skill up but it is a pretty slow process. It gets to be over an hour per point by level 50 depending on what you're doing.
© The KGB Oracle