The KGB Oracle
http://forums.darkfallonline.com/showthread.php?t=106082

Stress testing with limited folks untill then
While disappointing, this should not come as a giant surprise for this company. I will be impressed if they actually launch it on the Feb 25 date.
I just had a feeling this would happen, I think it is a good thing, dont want another AoC.

I still want to kick funcom in the teeth.
Oh well... back to PS3 until Feb 25th I guess

PS2 still > PS3 unless your PS3 has BC ^_^
BC? Like Bionic Commando? mmmmmmm
Backward compatability.

Though Bionic Commando is cool, isnt it just a PC/Xbox deal?
spoken like a true ps2 owner hehehehe
my ps3 plays ps2 also nyuk nyuk.

PS3 only has 3 (exclusive) games worth a crap IMO...

MGS4, Valkyria Chronicles, Disgaea 3. LBP is reputedly addictive and fun as well though, but still. I put of getting one until they restore BS/drop price.

Persona 3 and 4 on ps2 > anything on PS3 except MGS4 IMO

MGS4 is badass from what I have seen but.. not 500$ badass.
PS3 is the best fucking console ever put on the market, period. I'll bet anyone that disagrees owns a 360, which is like the NES of today.. Blow on that shit and hope to god it'll work.. err...

RED RING

fuck you

LOL
Bionic Commando did a remake that you can download through the playstation network and I believe on xbox as well... I have always been a playstation fan

PS3 is not just the worlds most expensive failboat of a console (without B/C, with at least you had games + MGS4 + media center) - it is INTENTIONALLY the console worlds most expensive failboat.

Add on the the comments in this link, the fact that the fees and royalties sony charges developers are astronomical, and you understand why sony will be going the way of Sega before long. Which is very sad...

And no I dont own a xbox, except for ps2 jrpgs I play games on my PC, because PC > all ^_^

http://www.dailytech.com/PlayStation+3+i...rticle14010.htm
My PS3 does have backwards compatability

I have been playing Persona 4, am pretty hooked on it right now.

Beat Valkyria Chronicles a couple weeks ago, solid game overall.

I have Persona 4, havent started it in depth yet because I have been playing Persona 3 FES.. which is totally awesome.

I want Valkyria Chronicles, almost bought a PS3 for one.. until I realized that the price had gone up. ( 400$ bought you PS3 + MGS4 , and even xtra controller at some shops back in august - now 400$ gets you a stripped-down console + one controller)

Which made me sad panda, and irritated at Sony for being such a failure as a company - they have abondoned all the principles that made PSX so great. ( Cheap, easy to make games for. PSX got all the good games, because developers were tired of being punked around and extorted by Nintendo)

PS2 was a bit less friendly, but still good enough, and sold well enough.... PS3... sure, decent hardware. Decent hardware, shitty company supporting it =X

Valk Chronicles selling poorly , and FF13 being delayed at least a year for US launch are the writing on the wall for Sony.
Maybe so, but it's still a Blu-Ray player... which I use more then the actual gaming system itself these days
Quote:

PS3 is not just the worlds most expensive failboat of a console (without B/C, with at least you had games + MGS4 + media center) - it is INTENTIONALLY the console worlds most expensive failboat.

Add on the the comments in this link, the fact that the fees and royalties sony charges developers are astronomical, and you understand why sony will be going the way of Sega before long. Which is very sad...

And no I dont own a xbox, except for ps2 jrpgs I play games on my PC, because PC > all ^_^

http://www.dailytech.com/PlayStation+3+i...rticle14010.htm

Man...Derid...

Didn't we have a conversation about the PS3 in vent?

My PS3 has about 98% hardware-emulated backwards compatibility. Only setback was that it had a 60gig HDD which honestly isn't that big if you like to install your games. No problem - I ordered a 320gig seagate laptop HDD from Newegg that has the same exact RPMs as the original one - 5400 I believe. Problem solved, plus the 4 USB slots, and Micro-SD slots, etc etc that my PS3 boasts. Also, I don't know about the rest of you, but I like watching Blu Ray & DVD movies plus play games on the same system - saves a lot of clutter. PS3 is hardly a fail IMO: it gives me far more options than the 360 or Wii, and has controllers that I actually like to use (HATE the 360 style controllers).

All in all this argument is really about personal preference - but don't attack a console saying that it doesn't have B/C when it does. Yes, not all of them do, but a good number of them do.

Crim, YOUR ps3 has b/c. The ones made today do not.
i love my media server capabilities most of all for my ps3 honestly i download all my movies and old tv shows by the season
I have a PS3. It's not bad. I love being able to play Blue Ray discs. I have to admit that there aren't too many good games out for the PS3, and Sony has done a poor job of getting exclusives. In my opinion, Sony got way to arrogant for their own good, much like Nintendo did a few years back. Nintendo was able to rebound; let's see if Sony can do the same.

I have to admit that the Nintendo DS is my favorite system right now. Playing it reminds me of the SNES days, and there are tones of jrpgs available for it.
There is always Lost Odyssey for the X-Box 360.

It's like FF VII and VIII for the X-box. Because Hironobu Sakaguchi the godfather of the Final Fantasy series finally came out of his box and put out another game.

I have the DS as well. I like it because the games are easy enough to play with my younger niece's and nephews via the WiFi connection. Gotta educate the next generation of gamers on what is good so they can be jaded as well when its there time as the prime consumer base.
xbox 360 owns ps3, besides the fact mine is sitting in my closet with 3 RLOD~
Quote:

I have the DS as well. I like it because the games are easy enough to play with my younger niece's and nephews via the WiFi connection. Gotta educate the next generation of gamers on what is good so they can be jaded as well when its there time as the prime consumer base.

The DS is definitely a hole-in-one for Nintendo. Its staggering how many you can see at PAX, and honestly I never go anywhere without mine.

Haven't tried Lost Odyssey though, picked up Last Remnant and was very disappointed.
Rumor has it you guys got 10 keys from the guild invites last week...so how is it?

/bastards

lol

The first rule of DFO beta is you dont talk about DFO beta...

The second rule of DFO beta is you DONT TALK about DFO beta...

The third rule of DFO beta is, if this is your first time in DFO beta you have to pvp
I see more PSP's around my office than DS's. But I would probably own a DS if I didn't get my PSP for free. I have been happy with it but the game selection is better on the DS.

I am 100% for PS3 in these discussions. Sony has made some god awful mistakes with it but I still give it the edge over 360. The network - oh god, you get what you pay for and free is great but I am to the point where I would rather pay a monthly fee for good servers.

Blu-ray owns, and the system is overpriced? Maybe but at least it came with everything. By the time you add HD DVD and all the other components for your 360 you are paying close to the same amount if not more than the PS3 (at least before the recent price drops that is)

Go PS3

Ironically enough, I now own one myself. ( a ps3, got a great deal on ps3 @ best buy )

Though my complains about Sony and their mishandling of every single aspect still stands, the media capabilities and online store etc are good. If only it had backwards compat with PS2, I would be happy as hell...

The OS on it is decent, has some decent features, and it has disgaea 3 so...

Unfortunatly, games wise it will probably always be a few big leaps behind 360 and even PC. It supports a keyboard and mouse for OS/browsing etc.. if only the FPS games on it supported keyboard/mouse heh...
PS3 is excellent for a console. If you have not seen or heard, there are a lot of stores no longer taking or dealing with xbox 360..Game stop wont take xbox 360 trade ins anymore. Ah well.

Whats the status on DFO..no beta violation comments, just a "going well/going fair" would be nice. Im assuming release for Europe is still slated for Feb 25 or has that been pushed..anyone know?

DFO is slowly coming together, its not perfect but its better than anything else out except eve.. and ofc very different from eve, really an apples/oranges comparison.

Feels like old skool AC Darktide more than anything, with bits of UO and SB thrown in.

Launch still same as far as anyone knows.
© The KGB Oracle