The KGB Oracle
Posted By: Holrom KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/21/07 04:18 AM
I have set out to make a cinematic, video for KGB, for Darkfall, this is something that will take awhile, but Darkfall has awhile, I still have allot to learn to be able to accomplish everything I want to be able to with it. I am just posting this here, not to get your hopes up, but to find help if it is avaiable.

Currently I need some Help in the following.
(First thing is Software, second thing is position)

Maya - Character Face animator
Maya - Character body Modelerer, and Rigger
Pencil/Photoshop - Custom KGB armor, and how Logo can be used in swords and armor. and other weapons, that you can think up of.

Zbrush - Texture artist

Strong Voices - YOu seen Gladiator ? Russel Crowe = dang good voice. Anyone with a voice of power fear, etc, you get the vibe, then let me know, so I can get some recordings of you saying some lines. And you aint getting paid snap crackle for it, so don't get to excited.

In general, anyone who can do 3D animation or modeling, would be of great use if you have the time.

Also anyone who knows a great deal about Darkfall would be of good assitance, someone who has studied screenshots, the aim of the video is on Darkfall, so I want to make them feel if it is in that world. The Storyboard is still in process of being completed, once it is I will post that here for feedback, then start on production.

Overall the aim of this, is to let people know that KGB is a 10 year guild that is out there, and that we are against EVIL. It is also meant to PUMP YOU UP. I have never seen a custom cinematic video done for a gaming GUILD either, so it is something I want to try, and I am going to college at the same time and can use this for a A+++++ On my final.

Well this is a big thing, that will take lots of time, anyone interested in helping, post here or PM me, or AIM me, or yell at me in vent, when I Pop in for .000005 seconds.

I really hope to be able to accomplish this if Life allows me the time to do so, this is a big thing that will take allot of time, this is not a guarantee that you will see something in the future. Everything starts somewhere, help me get this off right if you can.

God Bless,
THanks for reading

Sincerely,
Holrom Skullbreaker
Posted By: Chez Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/21/07 06:06 AM
Well I am willing to do whatever I can to help with this project. Unfortunately I dont have much experience with Maya and those 3-D programs. The programs I am somewhat experienced with is Adobe premiere, Photoshop, and Sony vegas. I have made a few eve movies before, and some other ones, all with photoshop and priemere. Im not sure what kind of movie you are shooting for, but i know that if you give me video, i can piece them together, transition them, and add whatever else you would want to it.
Posted By: Fleeting Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/21/07 10:52 AM
My name is Maximus Decimus Meridius, commander of the Armies of the North, General of the Felix Legions, loyal servant to the true emperor, Marcus Aurelius. Father to a murdered son, husband to a murdered wife. And I will have my vengeance, in this life or the next.

What a Movie that is.

Good luck with this Holrom, you the man
Posted By: Owain Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/21/07 05:07 PM
Not much experience on the artistic side, and my voice is a bit monotone, but after a bit of Jack Daniels, it does have a deep gravelly quality. Come up with some dialog to read, and what the Hell, I'll do a voice audition.
Posted By: Lenny Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/21/07 07:27 PM
I think Rahls voice would be cool to use.
Posted By: Anonymous Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/21/07 07:50 PM
Quote:

I think Rahls voice would be cool to use.

haha i couldnt help myself. holrom what ever i can do to help im willing send me some pms and or holla at me in vent.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/21/07 08:24 PM
I've got the voice. Barratone to Bass in quality. I'm a trained stage actor, plus I was an active duty Segeant in the US Marine Corps to boot. Heck, I played Zeus in Metamorphoses. You don't get that part if your voice sounds like Jim Kerry.
Posted By: Holrom Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/22/07 02:02 AM
Lol, Crimthan you sound like you have one freaking awsome voice, can't wait to hear it. Well im busy watching COLTS come back against Patriots, so ill get back to all of this later! go COLTS.

Also will need voices for multiple characters, so I wanan check yours out to Owain, but I aint buying the JackDaniels. k cya guys later - i got football to watch, GO COLTS.
I'm not exactly sure who it was, but I want to say the good-voicer is Raek. Really deep? It him? It's been a while.

You mean a cinematic, like Starcraft's incredible cinematics? ^_^?
Posted By: JetStar Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/23/07 12:02 AM
Quote:

I've got the voice. Barratone to Bass in quality. I'm a trained stage actor, plus I was an active duty Segeant in the US Marine Corps to boot. Heck, I played Zeus in Metamorphoses. You don't get that part if your voice sounds like Jim Kerry.

Maximus! Maximus!
Posted By: Holrom Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/23/07 12:05 AM
"You mean a cinematic, like Starcraft's incredible cinematics? ^_^? "

That is defintaly the goal.This is a huge project, so I canno't start to feature creep. As of now, I am just looking for all who can help, while developing the concepts and storyboards. As of now, Me and Chez have talked about stuff already. But if anyone else has input let me know, we can talk about it in ventrilo, or here,but vent defintaly better.

Need to figure out
- What is the message to convey
- What sumbliminal messages are conveying
- This isnt just gonna be there to look cool, we need to crunch enough of KGB points into as possible
- Ideas on how to implement, the history of KGB into it, but while still staying to the theme.

Probally is allot more, but I gotta jet for a sec, and finish up on somethign else. Please if anyone has ideas, post them, this is a huge project. Help is required for me to be able to accomplish this.

Look for a storyboard and concepts, here in a week or two, so everyone can CRITQUE it.
I have a few ideas, any chance you'd drop by vent to speak about it?
Posted By: Holrom Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/24/07 12:23 AM
Hey its tuesday 6pm, I should be in vent for tonight, but might be AFK, just hang in there, for little and I should be back and then we can chat.
Posted By: Raekwon Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/27/07 03:10 PM
Quote:

I'm not exactly sure who it was, but I want to say the good-voicer is Raek. Really deep? It him? It's been a while.

You mean a cinematic, like Starcraft's incredible cinematics? ^_^?

Yep, that's me My favorite line from a KGBer was during Shadowbane when I played an elf and had to wear a sky blue robe (I looked cool but kinda elf-fairy like.) anyway they for the first time heard me in teamspeak and said,"Wow you don't sound at all like your character looks."

You know who else I remember having a good commander's voice was Donkleaps. He's still KGB right, i've been stuck in Iraq for so long I haven't been able to keep up with all the old crew I can't say for sure if I remember Crim's voice but I believe it was another good one.
Posted By: Crimthan Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/27/07 10:07 PM
I think my voice is a little deeper than Donk's but an octave or so higher than James Earl Jones (not many people have voices that deep). My voice range and quality varies depending on how bored/pissed off/satirical I'm being in vent/teamspeak at the moment.
Posted By: Holrom Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/27/07 11:12 PM
Ok Crim, so before we record your voice, well make sure to mock you and other things, to get you riled up:)
Posted By: Crimthan Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/28/07 02:27 AM
LOL. Would this be for narration, then? I think Raek, Donk, Owain, and I should meet you on Vent so you could possibly assign other voice roles for a diverse amount of characters. One or two of them may even not want to do it, but at least you have enough to start with.
Posted By: Awastatyme Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 01/31/07 04:33 PM
Holrom did you check AutoDESK they have some great guides for Maya
Posted By: Heidi Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 02/02/07 01:59 AM
I can get some awesome software for really cheap through school. Let me know what you want and I'll see what I can do
Posted By: nastynitro Re: KGB Dark Fall - Cinematic AD Campgain - 02/15/07 09:59 PM
Holrom, long time no see, havent talked to you since SB days. good to see you back man, hopefully get to play with you agin in darkfall. In vanguard right now, gettin ganked by PRX lol@mallet - (no biggie) anyways if ya want something to fill the time between now n then check it out.

Vanguard - Nazty Nitro
© The KGB Oracle