KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,686 Trump card
1,339,216 Picture Thread
478,047 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I like the discussion, and the when people actually discuss arguments and view points, what is been done here, different when people begin to discuss religion and politics what can sometimes end in personal attacks(but that is only more inclinable to the republican wing of KGB) <-kidding.

About KGB it's a gaming organization, but it's health and sometimes productive to discuss others subjectives.

All people here are active and played games with KGB members on the last 6 months :)

to Derid, I do not have any arguments to bring or to quote in anymore, what was clear to me, you can correct me if I'm wrong please:

to you there is no problem and to use and explore non-human animals at man's will, that is it. After all they are not humans, they do not possess the qualities to be like humans.

Last edited by Mithus; 03/23/12 12:17 PM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Yes you could say that. However if I could be convinced that there was a moral aspect, I would change my view. I have simply never encountered a compelling argument in favor. But I absolutely do value human well being above non-human well being. I actually hold forth that it is immoral to place non humans above humans.

Of course like I have said previously, I have no objection to other people living how they please and eating whatever they want to eat and etc. My primary objection is when people endorse the use of violence ( including but not limited to govt violence ) against those who do not hold the same values - particularly when said values cannot be said to have a basic in logic.

I look at animal rights extremists in more or less the same light as I view religious extremists. For either group, it comes down to faith in their beliefs and a sense of well-being imparted by holding and proselytizing those beliefs as opposed to a reasoned position on the proper order of society.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

I look at animal rights extremists in more or less the same light as I view religious extremists. For either group, it comes down to faith in their beliefs and a sense of well-being imparted by holding and proselytizing those beliefs.

Very much agree.

[Linked Image]
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I agree.

Quote:
Non-violence leads to the highest ethics, which is the goal of all evolution. Until we stop harming all other living beings, we are still savages.
Thomas A. Edison

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"The fact that man knows right from wrong proves his intellectual superiority to other creatures; but the fact that he can do wrong proves his moral inferiority to any creature that cannot." -Mark Twain

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
[rules]

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

[Linked Image]
Mithus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I know you are joking: but some people maybe believe.

(NaturalNews) It's common knowledge that Hitler was a vegetarian. Just ask anybody: They'll tell you so. Trouble is, the assumption is false. Hitler wasn't a vegetarian at all. Consider the historical facts:

• Biographers who wrote about Hitler (and who knew him quite well on a personal basis) openly describe his love for Bavarian sausages and game pie ("game" meaning wild meat from birds and other creatures).

• Hitler's own chef openly talked about Hitler's love for stuffed pigeon.

• In none of Hitler's speeches or writing did Hitler state he was a vegetarian or speak in favor of vegetarianism.

• Hitler was regularly given injections of a protein serum made from the testicles of a bull -- not exactly a treatment that would be tolerated by vegetarians.

In fact, Hitler suffered from severe flatulence and was advised by doctors to follow a vegetarian diet from time to time in order to calm the gas attacks. This is probably where the myth about Hitler being a vegetarian first originated.

By the way, according to the above-mentioned article, the New York Times' definition of vegetarianism includes cooked ham. I suppose if you define vegetarianism as including cooked ham and sausages, then sure, Hitler was a vegetarian. But you'd have to be a numbskull to adopt that definition in the first place.

Speaking of myths about Hitler, it turns out Hitler wasn't an atheist, either. As he stated himself in Mein Kampf (1925): "I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews, I am doing the Lord's work."

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: sinij

Possibly the BEST post you have contributed to! lol

Last edited by Wolfgang; 03/26/12 07:45 AM.
Page 6 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Link Copied to Clipboard