KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 20 guests, and 23 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Bandit, hydr
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,032,206 Trump card
1,341,396 Picture Thread
479,201 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Kegir Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
Hey planetsiders,

Like the subject line asks is our team choice permanent? Yes I know icky and crew have worked hard on promo video etc. Like others who have been playing planetside may have noticed team china/Korea or wha have you makes up the majority of NC. If this means that the majority or our team will be speaking/typing another language maybe we shouldn't be to hasty to axe the idea of being red or purple. Last night I was platooned with china/korea nc players and I had no idea what the F they were saying. So earlier today I decided to get on my vs guy from Gemini. I could understand global platoon and squad chat. Without being in a vent our platoon organized a max rush, gal drop, and a squad of armor to simaltaneously attack an enemy location. I haven't seen any of this teamwork happen on Nc side. It could be in part that I can only speak English. But these types of operations are pretty easy to notice even if your not in the same platoon.What are your thoughts on this?

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
no it is not set in stone, discussions about it are still under way, the meeting would have addressed this however it was no show day, (I realize people had rl commitments). We were hoping that the newer balancing of PS2 would help NC be better then they are in PS1 however we can't know for sure. NC was chosen due to it's aesthetics, background, and ethos, no real game mechanics were used for that decision, it was just a template for our state faction, that is why the faction choice is still in debate.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
CN and KN will be playing on the Asian servers more then likely. They have there own publication company doing PS2 (The9) and SOE will be dividing servers up by Geographic location.

The current issues with merged servers and boiled down population will not be an issue in early PS2.

We will be playing NC until the leadership decides based on extensive testing in Beta and analysis to provide definitive proof that NC will be completely gibbed on launch. That is the driving force of our Faction choice, not if a bunch Ching Chang Chong's will or will not be on our chosen server.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Kegir Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
That's good they will have there own servers because a bunch of nc Ching chongs on our server would actually be gibbed and would then make it the driving force as you say:)

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Like Tas said we are not concerned with the Asian market but that of the specific groups or communities that encompass NA servers, most notably certain well known clans, which will tie into recruiting, when you tackle a grizzly bear you tend to get noticed.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Kegir Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
I'm so glad they will have there own servers. I saw a clip of an nc cloaking with rifle in hand ... Über.

Play To Crush!
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
On a related topic, will there be several servers or one big universe like PS1 is right now?

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Many servers, no one knows how many though.

Kegir Offline OP
KGB Knight
OP Offline
KGB Knight
It would be cool if they just did one east one west and one euro like ps 1 and then as many Asian ones 9 wants to do. Wtb massive battles again!

Play To Crush!
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
The expectation is that due to the "F2P" nature of PS2 that there will be many servers to choose from in a geographic location.

It's going to come down to the same pop bang bus that there currently is on PS1. Faction A is in its prime time while Faction B is fielding only average numbers and Faction C is currently in its downtime numbers. So Faction A proceeds to push the battle lines forward and take hexes while it has the numbers advantage until the paradigm swings and then Faction B becomes the dominate population and starts the process over.

Moral of the story, expect PS2 to be zerg mentality to taking property while your Faction has the numbers. Its still going to be about holding real estate and the benefits that those properties give you.

Doesn't matter what server you play on, its location, or where that population is geographically located in relation to said server. It's big ping and latency that is the problem in that scenario.

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard