KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,082 Trump card
1,346,923 Picture Thread
482,555 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Cheerio
Originally Posted By: sinij
Alright - here it is...

Boehner agreed to it, and then couldn't deliver.

Quote:
House Republicans dug in for a year-end standoff Tuesday, scuttling a temporary extension to a payroll-tax break that President Barack Obama called the "only viable way" to prevent a New Year's tax increase.

Can you hear the rumbling sound? This is the sound of Obama's landslide. Republican position, lowering taxes and fiscal conservatism, was sold down the river and only obstructionist shenanigans that pandering to extreme right remains.

How many budgets have been passed under Obama? If you answered "zero" go to the head of the class. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to nail down Obama going into an election year. If he wants the tax cuts, put them in for a year. Even the hated GW Bush managed to get budgets passed when the Democrats controlled Congress.

BINGO!

Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council

How many budgets have been passed under Obama?

Can you explain conservative fixation with budgets, specifically recent episode of Republican grandstanding and obstructionism that got US downgraded?

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
lol

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

How many budgets have been passed under Obama?

Can you explain conservative fixation with budgets, specifically recent episode of Republican grandstanding and obstructionism that got US downgraded?

WOW

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Still waiting for an explanation...

-----------------

Also some good reading material on the topic.

Poor not paying enough taxes

Quote:
Three big points, here.

First, the fact that all the lines in the second graph are above zero suggest that the vast majority of households that don't pay federal income taxes do pay federal taxes.

Second, the reason most poor families don't pay federal income taxes is that Republicans and Democrats keep cutting their taxes.

Third, just about everybody has shared in the tax cut parade of the last 30 years. We haven't shared equally, but we've all gotten a break.

More broadly, it's surreal for Republicans to complain about taxes being too low on the poor while they also propose tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. Neither Santorum nor any other candidate has actually said, "I want to raise taxes on the poor to pay for tax cuts for the rich," in so many words. But there is no other way to interpret the dual claims that not enough people pay income taxes and also tax rates should be lower. If you want higher federal income taxes on the poor and lower tax revenue overall, you are asking for the poor to subsidize a tax cut for the rich. The math doesn't work out any other way.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Still waiting for an explanation...

-----------------

Also some good reading material on the topic.

Poor not paying enough taxes

Quote:
Three big points, here.

First, the fact that all the lines in the second graph are above zero suggest that the vast majority of households that don't pay federal income taxes do pay federal taxes.

Second, the reason most poor families don't pay federal income taxes is that Republicans and Democrats keep cutting their taxes.

Third, just about everybody has shared in the tax cut parade of the last 30 years. We haven't shared equally, but we've all gotten a break.

More broadly, it's surreal for Republicans to complain about taxes being too low on the poor while they also propose tax cuts for the wealthiest Americans. Neither Santorum nor any other candidate has actually said, "I want to raise taxes on the poor to pay for tax cuts for the rich," in so many words. But there is no other way to interpret the dual claims that not enough people pay income taxes and also tax rates should be lower. If you want higher federal income taxes on the poor and lower tax revenue overall, you are asking for the poor to subsidize a tax cut for the rich. The math doesn't work out any other way.

Looks to me like the debt went up 4.5 trillion during W's 8 years, and the same amount in Obama's 3 years. For this I condemn both. I would say Obama's worse since he's doing it faster, but the end result is the same: the end of the dollar.

As to your other link, I wouldn't disagree with your premise,and I don't disagree that they would have to "pay more". However, they might not pay more in taxes, they might just have to pay for more things themselves that the government picks up now. 50 million people are on food stamps. 3.1 million households receive section 8, earned income tax credit PAYS people for paying their taxes, etc. That has to end.

I would suggest either a flat tax with 15k per person exempt, OR that the Congress passes a budget, then the tax rate is changed for that year to pay it off. People would see what happened if they voted poorly REAL QUICK if they had to pay for it the next year.

Now Sinij, before you mention corporate welfare, I'm against all of that too.

KGB Darkfall
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Re: Obamas' debt limit - he inherited Bush's fuckups, half of it is bailouts that kept entire economy from melting down. As much as I hated 2B2F and bailouts, alternative to them is even less attractive. It could have been avoided pre 2002, when Obama took over it was all but inevitable.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
50 million people are on food stamps. 3.1 million households receive section 8, earned income tax credit PAYS people for paying their taxes, etc. That has to end.

How do you see it ending and what going to happen to people that rely on it? Do you think they can magically get non-existent jobs in the current economy? Should they just starve to death? Even if they do get a job, do you think minimum wage is survivable wage?

Last edited by sinij; 01/05/12 11:04 PM.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Re: Obamas' debt limit - he inherited Bush's fuckups, half of it is bailouts that kept entire economy from melting down. As much as I hated 2B2F and bailouts, alternative to them is even less attractive. It could have been avoided pre 2002, when Obama took over it was all but inevitable.

There should have been NO bailouts. No one has been able to explain to me how the bailouts fixed anything. They were band-aids that made the next financial crisis impossible to deal with.

By pre-2002 could you also say pre-2000? I know you badly want to blame this on poor old Bush but both sides were to blame, and if I had to pick a single person as scapegoat it would have to be Barney Frank. He was the one who sat on ( or chaired ) the committees that were responsible for this mess.

KGB Darkfall
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
50 million people are on food stamps. 3.1 million households receive section 8, earned income tax credit PAYS people for paying their taxes, etc. That has to end.

How do you see it ending and what going to happen to people that rely on it? Do you think they can magically get non-existent jobs in the current economy? Should they just starve to death? Even if they do get a job, do you think minimum wage is survivable wage?

No one should rely on it. There should be no food stamps or section 8 at the federal level at all- they need to end.

The states can decide what level they would like to support non productive person at. For example, in California, we have decided that we should spend about 88% of the state budget on social services (this includes education). Other states choose to spend less. Texas, for example, has a border with Mexico around 6 times as long as California's, yet they have 1/3 of the number of illegal aliens living there. The reason for this, in my opinion, is that illegals are not allowed federal or state welfare in Texas, while they are allowed both in California. California's welfare is also more bountiful.
If illegal aliens can afford to send $20 billion dollars per year back to Mexico, it is because that $20 billion dollars is being subsidized by the US taxpayer.

As for the rest (most) of the people on food stamps: they reason that the number is so high is not because there are more poor people, though there are slightly more, it's because the government made it so much easier to qualify. Same with section 8. In California you can now use food stamps to buy fast food.

How many adults do you think starve to death in the US per year? My guess is that it's near zero. The only people who starve to death or are even malnourished in the US are kids whose parents don't feed them and old people whose caregivers do the same. The number one health problem in the US is obesity, not starvation. And it is even more pronounced in the poor.

As for the magical jobs, well they may or may not appear. A lot depends on other factors. I would suggest that this new Department Obama has created certainly won't help anything; it may get legions of unemployed snitches, whistleblowers, inspectors, bureaucrats and other cockblockers back to work but it's going to be a big damper on any business that actually makes anything. More stuff moving to China, rad.

KGB Darkfall
Page 10 of 15 1 2 8 9 10 11 12 14 15

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard