KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,082 Trump card
1,346,923 Picture Thread
482,555 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Alternative of complete deregulation? You really dont listen when other people speak do you.
( Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation. ) <---- is this what you are saying? If so , say it clearly so you cant weasel out by claiming you meant something else when I shred the concept. If not, never bring it up in this context again, because repeated use of this strawman is making me lose patience with trying to treat your arguments with respect.

Move to Somalia? Again, you just dont let anything penetrate. Sorry to tell you, if the USA started implementing the type of tax regime you are describing, there are LOTS of places in the world they could go to. This is what I am talking about when I refer to you not thinking things through at all. USA raises tax rate to 50%, just say as a number since you wont give one... why not goto Japan... or Australia, or Canada, or.. etc, etc,etc

Or, if you really think the only alternative to a country that taxes people the way YOU want to tax them is Somalia.. just say so. but say it clearly. Otherwise, we have NOT been over that - and even when we DID go over it in regards to the CURRENT USA.. your arguments still went down in flames, so I cant fathom why you brought it up again at all.

Also regarding my "soap box" , you are the one who was saying to keep raising taxes until ... ??? well you werent specific, but the impression given was you want to CRUSH the wealthy with taxes. If you want people to make accurate comments regarding your statements, instead of being whiny and snotty about it - articulate something specific.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Quote:
"I find it so ironic that you who wants to try to strip wealth from the top until there is no income disparity, because you are afraid of the political power it grants the wealthy - turn around and side with the wealthy as they concoct strawman arguments to kill off their competition and fund lobbyists and PR campaigns with said wealth.

I highlighted parts where you constructed and proceed to attack strawman in your previous post.

Quote:
You really dont listen when other people speak do you.

In contrast to you, who always listens? Trust me, frustration is mutual.

Quote:
Alternative of complete deregulation?
( Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation. ) <---- is this what you are saying? If so , say it clearly.

You advocate deregulation and free market forces as the only way to have healthy economy. You see regulation as a corrupt and efficiency-killing activity.

I advocate a strict regulatory framework that defines roles and scope of allowable activities, I want to see free market operating within this framework to keep it from self-corrupting.

I hope that answers your question, because I have difficulty understanding what is that exactly you were asking me that wasn't repeatedly stated by me Ad nauseam.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Quote:
I very clearly stated "keep raising taxes on the rich until trend of accumulation of wealth at the top reverses".

"Keep raising taxes" means gradually increase them, why gradually? Because there is no way of knowing specific number when this [trend of disproportional accumulation of wealth] happens. This is also why I can't just give you some [fixed] number, and call it "fair level of tax". "Trend of accumulation of wealth at the top" refers to income distribution (see: The Graph I discussed with Derid) that tends to get channeled to already rich people.

We now have top-heavy wealth distribution that hasn't been seen since before great depression - in simple words "very few very very rich folks" are out there doing well and everyone else isn't doing so hot, better situation would be "some very rich folks" where more people are better off. Again, we want more rich people but not quite as rich and not at a cost of shrinking middle class.

If you want to get more rich people, instead of making existing rich people even richer, you have to raise taxes on the very top earners.

I re-stated my "The Graph" opinion in other thread, I simply don't see how I can simplify it more than this. If this isn't clear, I don't think we have enough agreed-on concepts to facilitate any kind of communication.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: sinij
Quote:
"I find it so ironic that you who wants to try to strip wealth from the top until there is no income disparity, because you are afraid of the political power it grants the wealthy - turn around and side with the wealthy as they concoct strawman arguments to kill off their competition and fund lobbyists and PR campaigns with said wealth.

I highlighted parts where you constructed and proceed to attack strawman in your previous post.

Quote:
You really dont listen when other people speak do you.

In contrast to you, who always listens? Trust me, frustration is mutual.

Quote:
Alternative of complete deregulation?
( Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation. ) <---- is this what you are saying? If so , say it clearly.

You advocate deregulation and free market forces as the only way to have healthy economy. You see regulation as a corrupt and efficiency-killing activity.

I advocate a strict regulatory framework that defines roles and scope of allowable activities, I want to see free market operating within this framework to keep it from self-corrupting.

I hope that answers your question, because I have difficulty understanding what is that exactly you were asking me that wasn't repeatedly stated by me Ad nauseam.

Previously you were saying that literally any regulation was a good regulation. Those statements were the ones I took issue with, your current stance is different than what you had previously said.

Also, quit trying to put words in my mouth.

I have said previously, if you want to discuss the merits of specific regulations , I am all for it. Your answer then was "any regulations are good". Pay attention to what you actually say.

So, in simple yes or no terms - "Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation." - this previous paraphrasing of your position no longer applies?

If not, perhaps a rational discussion is possible. If you are willing to stop uttering such absurdities like " the alternative to extreme taxation is Somalia " anyhow.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
[quote]

I re-stated my "The Graph" opinion in other thread, I simply don't see how I can simplify it more than this. If this isn't clear, I don't think we have enough agreed-on concepts to facilitate any kind of communication.

You have never articulated any logic making a case that simply taxing the wealthy somehow creates more wealth, or more wealthy people.

You are making an underpants gnome argument.

You were actually on to something for a minute when you were talking about the divisions of labor and change creating opportunities to accumulate wealth. But somehow managed to abandon that budding line of thought and retreat to a punitive "if you have money, you must be punished" line.. while simultaneously arguing that doing so, will somehow help the rest of us.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Derid

So, in simple yes or no terms - "Sinij: the only alternative to any regulation being good, is complete and total deregulation." - this previous paraphrasing of your position no longer applies?

Derid, it takes two to debate. When you twist my words into unrecognizable mess that even I, supposed author, have difficulty understand what you refer to, then you are only participating in monologue.

Obviously bad regulation can and does happen. When you have almost unregulated environment enabling oligarchy, any regulation, even on we know outright is bad or lawfare, is preferable to continuation of no-regulation environment. Something that badly or ineffectively regulated can be later fixed and refined, something that is not regulated at all creates systemic damage with taxpayers on the hook. I would rather deal with market distortions than 2B2F.

Phrase "any regulation is good" you keep clinging to was specifically referring to financial regulation, or Dodd-Frank if you want to label "any", where my point was, and still is, that it is preferable to badly regulate to allowing continuation of "business as usual".

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
WOW, even when Sinij is presented with his own wording, he calls is a "unrecognizable mess" and completely tries to deny he said it in the meaning he wrote it. He's either completely horrible at being specific or someone is off their medication.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Are you familiar with Mike Reed "flame warriors" work? Highly entertaining, you might even recognize yourself.

No Wolfgang, I did not understood (and last two attempts to assume failed) what Derid referred to because he twisted and changed quote to the point of altering fundamental meaning.

Let me demonstrate:

Quote:
WOW, even when Sinij is presented with his own wording, he calls is a "unrecognizable mess" and completely tries to deny he said it in the meaning he wrote it.

Quote:
Even Sinij when presented with "unrecognizable mess" completely tries to deny he wrote it

First quote is what you actually wrote, accusing me of writing unrecognizable mess and then later trying to denying it. Second quote is me altering your words to change the meaning.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Alright - here it is...

Boehner agreed to it, and then couldn't deliver.

Quote:
House Republicans dug in for a year-end standoff Tuesday, scuttling a temporary extension to a payroll-tax break that President Barack Obama called the "only viable way" to prevent a New Year's tax increase.

Can you hear the rumbling sound? This is the sound of Obama's landslide. Republican position, lowering taxes and fiscal conservatism, was sold down the river and only obstructionist shenanigans that pandering to extreme right remains.

[Linked Image]
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
Alright - here it is...

Boehner agreed to it, and then couldn't deliver.

Quote:
House Republicans dug in for a year-end standoff Tuesday, scuttling a temporary extension to a payroll-tax break that President Barack Obama called the "only viable way" to prevent a New Year's tax increase.

Can you hear the rumbling sound? This is the sound of Obama's landslide. Republican position, lowering taxes and fiscal conservatism, was sold down the river and only obstructionist shenanigans that pandering to extreme right remains.

How many budgets have been passed under Obama? If you answered "zero" go to the head of the class. I don't think there's anything wrong with trying to nail down Obama going into an election year. If he wants the tax cuts, put them in for a year. Even the hated GW Bush managed to get budgets passed when the Democrats controlled Congress.

As for Obama's reelection, that's already going to happen. He's going to win, but the Republicans will pick up seats in both houses.

KGB Darkfall
Page 9 of 15 1 2 7 8 9 10 11 14 15

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard