KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 45 guests, and 21 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,356
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,037,492 Trump card
1,342,623 Picture Thread
481,244 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
#96101 12/07/11 04:26 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Roll this up and smoke it bitches!

KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Tragedy of Ron Paul is that he is unelectable. *I* want to vote for him, but then his gold standard, sanctity of life and other baggage.

Still, I can admire his principles and strength of his character. More politicians should be like him.

[Linked Image]
Band 2
Band 2
To be honest I felt pretty confident that Obama was unelectable before he was elected. Hell, I had cash on him losing.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
Still, I can admire his principles and strength of his character. More politicians should be like him.
Except that some of that appears to be political maneuvering. For instance, he has a history of putting pork into bills that he knows will pass anyway and then voting against it so he can say he voted against it.

Apparently every single stinking one of them are crooks.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
Band 2
Band 2
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Apparently every single stinking one of them are crooks.

This

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Paul actually looks poised to take Iowa, and his campaign is in it for the long haul.

As for the Gold Standard, he is very mis-understood on this point. Partially it is his own fault, but monetary policy is difficult to articulate in a sound-bite.

Pauls actual policy is to audit the Fed , and legalize competing currency. What does this mean? Mostly its a capital gains tax exemption for things designated as currency. Right now, for example, if you try to use gold or silver coins as currency - when you spend them, you actually have to pay capital gains tax. Sure, you can trade in a couple without major issues.. but any attempt to trade in large volumes of anything that is not USD and you can get really hammered by the govt if you dont do paperwork and pay capital gains tax.

The thought is not that the Fed will be abolished, but rather that over time the market will decide that other currencies are better and thus the Fed becomes less important and will eventually be phased out. But Paul is not for an immediate transition back to the "Gold Standard", it would rather be the market, over a long period of time, that chose what currency standard to use.

Also, though Paul believes in the sanctity of life - he thinks it should be a State level issue. He is against tax dollars funding abortions because he is against tax dollars funding plenty of things.

Regarding Paul bringing home dollars to his own district on spending bills he voted against, well of course he would do that. He has to do whats best for his district, if govt is going to tax and spend his districts money - its his job as he sees it to bring what he can of that money back to the people it was taken from. I wouldnt blame him for that, blame the rest of congress who voted yes. He votes no on bad spending whether it is likely to pass or not, but he has to be pragmatic to a degree regarding the best way to represent his district - which is his Constitutional duty.

I never found anything morally questionable about it in the slightest. At least noone can accuse him of doing to receive kickbacks or lobbying dollars like the congress critters who actually are crooks.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
I hate to break it to you Ron Paul lovers, but he is not conservative enough in his religious convictions to get the main stream republican vote. It just will not happen.

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Band 2
Band 2
Thats kinda the story of his life (within the last ten or fifteen years) it seems. Always a well known, but out on the fringes candidate.

KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
He is too sane and principle to be serious Republican candidate and too socially conservative to be viable with moderate conservative party, aka Democrats.

[Linked Image]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: JetStar
I hate to break it to you Ron Paul lovers, but he is not conservative enough in his religious convictions to get the main stream republican vote. It just will not happen.

You might be right about him not getting the nomination, but your reasoning is off. Ron Pauls problem with some conservatives has nothing to do with his religion, its actually his "Israel problem".

The Neocons and American Enterprise Institute etc are all starting to beat the war drum in regards to Iran. Paul is obviously opposed. Has nothing to do with how religious Paul is, and everything to do with the pro-war lobby.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 1 of 2 1 2

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard