KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,082 Trump card
1,346,923 Picture Thread
482,555 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Quote:
Having said all of that, if you're working for the government and the best job you can get afterward is flipping burgers at McDonald's then perhaps you were an overpaid leech with no skills to begin with.

While I was at the Postal Service I seen it both ways. There were several people with a lot of education that could make just as much money using their degree's as sorting mail using a machine. However there were more that could barely read or speak in complete sentences without using slang or whatever gibberish they were talking.

I acquired a skilled labor while I was in high school through Vocational Technical Training. I'm using that skill now and it seems there's HUGE lack in skilled labor. I can just about go to any place where there's manufacturing and get a job welding. With my experience I could ask for top pay and most likely get it because of the lack of people wanting to get into the welding field. Plus I have 12 years of Flux core and hard wire welding as well as 6 years of Submerged Arc welding 1/8 inch wire.

If they allow that Keystone pipeline to come through, I can go get more pipe welding training. Then get in line for the $150K a year pay. That's what they are paying for experience field pipe welders.

Sini Offline OP
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Kaotic
No, it may hurt for some bureaucrats until they find another job where they actually produce something useful rather than create impediments to the folks who do. As government gets smaller the marketplace will expand and...

... and we all enter land of rainbows and unicorns.

You are funny man. What do you think will happen to teachers, police, border guards and all other "some bureacrats" if you cut their jobs in this economy? That's right kids, they will all go on the UI dole for next couple years. Plus they will further clamp down on consumer spending. Deficit goes up, social outlays go up and taxable income goes down.

One hell of a "recovery" you are going to end up with.

Last edited by sinij; 12/05/11 09:18 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini Offline OP
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
OP Offline
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Gas station workers and burger flippers may not be high paying jobs but its better then Gov welfare, well to me it is.

Then start suggesting ways to make "gas station workers and burger flippers" a survivable wage occupation. You know, like affording health insurance that won't be offered with minimal wage shit jobs.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
so now that those questions have been answered, would any of you settle for a job like McDonalds over your current jobs or a job yielding better benefits? Is it fair to ask it of others?

Settle???? No.
You are assuming that my company is going to lay me off???
If so I would take what ever job I needed to to make money and work my way into a better job.

Is it fair to ask others to get a job. Yes it is.

they already had a job, you decided they should get a new one.

Originally Posted By: Kaotic
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
You don't think one american telling another american how to live and what job he can and cannot have is a bit of a self entitlement issue? Whereby you impose your beliefs and sense of fairness upon another based purely from your own perspective, using your own justifications. While trying to maintain the your argument using various vague common detractors to support it, much in the way a fortune teller supports her predictions using commonalities and suppositions.
I'm not telling anyone how they can or cannot live or what kind of job they must have. Anyone in this country is free to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe upon my freedoms...like by taking money from me to give to someone else. So, if by "self entitlement" you mean that I want to decide what to do with the money that I worked hard for, then you're damn right I have a self entitlement issue. You'll have to forgive me for feeling entitled to the things that I work for.

point taken, good show Sir.

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
Then start suggesting ways to make "gas station workers and burger flippers" a survivable wage occupation. You know, like affording health insurance that won't be offered with minimal wage shit jobs.
The hard truth is, if this is all you can do, then oh-fucking-well. Get two jobs. I've done it. Hell I've had three at one time because that's what it took to feed myself. If someone isn't willing to work then he doesn't get to eat, period, end of story. If this hurts your feelings or makes you want to run crying to your mommy, then so be it. The truth hurts. Life's not fair. Even our poorest citizens are the wealthiest 1% of the world.

Originally Posted By: sinij
You are funny man. What do you think will happen to teachers, police, border guards and all other "some bureacrats" if you cut their jobs in this economy?
This is the same false argument that Drakiis just made and was refuted. I'm not the one living in rainbows and unicorns land. Perhaps the border guards are federal employees, but since the government puts them in prison and grants immunity and citizenship to the criminals when the guards try to do their jobs, I'd imagine most of them would rather work elsewhere anyway.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
"they already had a job, you decided they should get a new one."

I don't recognize your argument.

I assume from what you have been saying that all federal jobs should be totally worry free and if you have a federal job then you shall not lose it no matter what happens.

Welcome to Sinijland.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
no, just saying you guys want people to change their job, your demanding people be fired or laid off..

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Yes people get fired/laid off. Grats on pointing out the obvious

You as I said are saying fed jobs should be free of worry and no one should ever be laid off.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
the bottom line of this thread is people want other people to lose their jobs.

Oh the sad state of humanity..

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
So letting the country go further into debt is better?

You make a good liberal, just say stuff that makes you look good and not worry about the shit that really runs the world.

Page 7 of 15 1 2 5 6 7 8 9 14 15

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard