KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 26 guests, and 26 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
There are no members with birthdays on this day.
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,095
Posts116,357
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Sini 1
Popular Topics(Views)
2,051,082 Trump card
1,346,923 Picture Thread
482,555 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
so you are talking about cops serving McDonalds, and Mail Men, working at gas stations?

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Drakiis
I'm just saying the government employs a lot of people, if you cut back government will that not be anti productive?

Take the Postal Service for example. If they privatize it they would be able to save most of those jobs they otherwise will cut. The pay may go down, then again does someone really need to make nearly $30 an hour for putting mail into a machine that sorts it for them?

Part of the reason for cutting spending in Government is to cut the waste, Canada has cut several things like Education, Wildlife & Fisheries as well as Environmental projects. Yet they have turned their debt issues around from the 1990's. Now we are in their place with debt and such. Cut spending and you cut waste, it's working for Canada! Right now there's a huge need for skilled labor such as Welding, Machinists, as well as other areas. Get some knowledge in those fields and you won't have to worry about finding a job.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
If we need to cut back on Government then getting rid of workers will happen. I don't want to fire them but give me the power and you will see a lot of pink slips.

Cops are local Gov jobs(city,county,state) we are talking federal.
Mail jobs?? Lets find a company that loses as much money as the Post Office and see if they can survive. If they cannot break even or make a profit then they need to trim till they do. Which I believe the Post Office is now doing so after many years running in the red.

Gas station workers and burger flippers may not be high paying jobs but its better then Gov welfare, well to me it is.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
so you are talking about cops serving McDonalds, and Mail Men, working at gas stations?

Originally Posted By: Helemoto
Cops are local Gov jobs(city,county,state) we are talking federal.
Mail jobs?? Lets find a company that loses as much money as the Post Office and see if they can survive. If they cannot break even or make a profit then they need to trim till they do. Which I believe the Post Office is now doing so after many years running in the red.
This.

[Linked Image from i30.photobucket.com]
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
so now that those questions have been answered, would any of you settle for a job like McDonalds over your current jobs or a job yielding better benefits? Is it fair to ask it of others?

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Well, for starters I'd never take a federal government job. But the fact is you're asking the wrong question. The correct question is, do two wrongs make a right? If not then the wrong of the government taking money from one person to "create" a job for another cannot be corrected by allowing the problem to propagate.

Having said all of that, if you're working for the government and the best job you can get afterward is flipping burgers at McDonald's then perhaps you were an overpaid leech with no skills to begin with.

FYI - this is why people with doctorates in English still work at Starbuck's.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
You don't think one american telling another american how to live and what job he can and cannot have is a bit of a self entitlement issue? Whereby you impose your beliefs and sense of fairness upon another based purely from your own perspective, using your own justifications. While trying to maintain the your argument using various vague common detractors to support it, much in the way a fortune teller supports her predictions using commonalities and suppositions.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Getting fired because the Government needs to cut back is the same as a company laying off.
If you support Government keeping everyone on the job even when they cannot afford to then you support yet another welfare program, one that I might add would be a very high paying welfare program that would be unfair to the rest of the welfare people who get 80% less in monies and benefits.

Who is telling anyone how to live and what job they can have???

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
so now that those questions have been answered, would any of you settle for a job like McDonalds over your current jobs or a job yielding better benefits? Is it fair to ask it of others?

Settle???? No.
You are assuming that my company is going to lay me off???
If so I would take what ever job I needed to to make money and work my way into a better job.

Is it fair to ask others to get a job. Yes it is.

KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
You don't think one american telling another american how to live and what job he can and cannot have is a bit of a self entitlement issue? Whereby you impose your beliefs and sense of fairness upon another based purely from your own perspective, using your own justifications. While trying to maintain the your argument using various vague common detractors to support it, much in the way a fortune teller supports her predictions using commonalities and suppositions.
I'm not telling anyone how they can or cannot live or what kind of job they must have. Anyone in this country is free to do whatever they want as long as it doesn't infringe upon my freedoms...like by taking money from me to give to someone else. So, if by "self entitlement" you mean that I want to decide what to do with the money that I worked hard for, then you're damn right I have a self entitlement issue. You'll have to forgive me for feeling entitled to the things that I work for.

Last edited by Kaotic; 12/05/11 08:08 PM.

Page 6 of 15 1 2 4 5 6 7 8 14 15

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard