KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 32 guests, and 24 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Binbs
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,030,277 Trump card
1,340,243 Picture Thread
478,677 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: Vuldan
You simply ignore what you do not want to face.

Bravo, I don't believe I ever read more concise definition of conservatism.

[Linked Image]
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
I would boot you from the entire area if I had the power, since I don't, I will continue to interject where I see fit

lol Vuldan, you could be a good dictator on a "comunist" country or a nazi officer in ww2 germany, man you were born in the wrong country.

Last edited by Mithus; 11/09/11 10:15 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
I would boot you from the entire area if I had the power.

I know you would rather go back to shouting in the echo chamber but at this point I cannot allow this happen.

Here is why:

1. You (as in you, conservatives) fail to contain your shouting, it spills to other forums, shout box, gaming and is very visible to outsiders looking in.

2. Partisan efforts by you (as in you, conservatives) has unintended consequence of making KGB, the gaming guild, appear to be a political conservative-leaning organization. By forming such vocal and visible group you are alienating fellow KGB members who do not explicitly agree with you. As this thread showed, you stop at nothing, including character assassinations.

You went too far and this has to stop. I will stop you.

[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Mithus
I would boot you from the entire area if I had the power, since I don't, I will continue to interject where I see fit

lol Vuldan, you could be a good dictator on a "comunist" country or a nazi officer in ww2 germany, man you were born in the wrong country.

LOL..jack boots and all bro. No, I am not sure that is accurate. I am sure that there are an entire stream of conscious mentalities however that would do well with a nice kick upside the head and some common sense interjected for good cause.

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: sinij
I would boot you from the entire area if I had the power.

I know you would rather go back to shouting in the echo chamber but at this point I cannot allow this happen.

Here is why:

1. You (as in you, conservatives) fail to contain your shouting, it spills to other forums, shout box, gaming and is very visible to outsiders looking in.

2. Partisan efforts by you (as in you, conservatives) has unintended consequence of making KGB, the gaming guild, appear to be a political conservative-leaning organization. By forming such vocal and visible group you are alienating fellow KGB members who do not explicitly agree with you. As this thread showed, you stop at nothing, including character assassinations.

You went too far and this has to stop. I will stop you.

Whatever you need to believe bro. At the end of the day your wasting your breath and time, as the only thing you apparently have the ability to stop is rationale thought between your own ears.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
You simply ignore what you do not want to face.

Bravo, I don't believe I ever read more concise definition of conservatism.

And as is typical with the small minded, you need to twist something to make your point. You believe what you need to about my poltical beliefs, thats alright with me. But you would do well to look up the terms libertarian and jeffersonian. Might be a good read for you if you choose some reputable site, beyond wikipedia, which seems to be your main resource.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Originally Posted By: Derid

Obamacare tried to tell people what they have to do, and that they have to provide money to a private company.

How is that different from purchasing your car's insurance? You have to purchase road coverage and you have to pay it to a private company. No mandatory insurance clause, no highway funds for the states so it is not a states vs fed issue, at least not anymore.

Plus, how would you make an insurance scheme that must not turn anyone down, regardless how sick they are, work if not with mandatory buy-in for everyone?

Quote:
In any case, I will admit I am surprised. I would never have thought even the most rabid Marxist would have advocated for validation of any scheme that legalized congress forcing people to pay money to any crony industry.

I am as unhappy with the end result as your rabid Tinfoilers crowd. Real reform should have lead to a single player, where "crony industry" part is simply removed from the equation. Instead we got media hysteria where every pundit and Palin bombarded us with soundbites while doing their best to revive Red Scare all over again.

But let look at the facts - Canadian model for example only spends 9% of GDP on health care, to US 15%+, with better overall results. Less child mortality, longer life expectancy and no health insurance job slavery. How is that missing 6% is not an extra-governmental "tax" on everybody?

Canadian healthcare costs. or $3899 per person

US healthcare costs or $7291 per person

Infant Mortality and life expectancy.

You like to talk about inflation effects on personal wealth, how about we talk about ever-increasing health premiums and punitive individual insurance costs stifling small business creation and extracting ever-increasing toll on every household in US?

Quote:
There is a big difference between providing a basic social safety net, and the types of sweeping cradle-to-grave micromanagement of society and the economy you are advocating.

What cradle-to-grave policies? You think providing affordable and accessible health coverage for the masses so even minimum wager working in WallMart could have coverage is overbearing? Affording to go to see a doctor so people could get better and continue being productive members of society?

FYI - you dont have to drive. In fact I have gone through large periods of my life where I did not have car insurance because I did not own or need a car. I lived close to work, I walked a lot, rode a bike.. didnt pay car insurance.

And yes, unlimited health care is not a right. A cradle to grave system that requires everyone to pay is extremely overbearing, and extremely EVIL. It will lead to the micromanagement of society, if this stands expect in the near future the govt telling you what to eat, what to do or not to do with your own body even MORE than it does now and Big Brother monitoring you at all times for compliance.

Expect health and food and other related industries that are good at lobbying to begin lobbying and bribing officials to make sure everyone HAS to use their product. Expect health witch-hunts, expect different companies and industries to start waging lawfare against each other with tons of bogus claims about how healthy or not-healthy their competition is.

You really havent thought this concept through to the end have you? This is the corporate elites wet dream as well connected Crony Capitalists get the inside word on what the govt will do next, or even lobbying and bribing to shut certain competing companies down.

There is a reason Wall Street still funnels huge dollars to Democrats - where govt treads, opportunity abounds for the corrupt.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Yes, I have no delusions about new system working well. It will be only marginal improvement over current world of pre-existing conditions, denying individual coverage to anyone but perfectly healthy and epidemic of uninsured clogging emergency rooms. The real solution, single player health care system, was shouted down by conservatives parading Red Scare ghosts.

Still, whatever your or my personal opinion of this system might be, it is legal exercise of government power. You absolutely cannot frame the argument about health care (or any other social program) in terms of unconstitutionality.

Last edited by sinij; 11/09/11 01:38 PM.

[Linked Image]
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Yes, I have no delusions about new system working well. It will be only marginal improvement over current world of pre-existing conditions, denying individual coverage to anyone but perfectly healthy and epidemic of uninsured clogging emergency rooms. The real solution, single player health care system, was shouted down by conservatives parading Red Scare ghosts.

Still, whatever your or my personal opinion of this system might be, it is legal exercise of government power. You absolutely cannot frame the argument about health care (or any other social program) in terms of unconstitutionality.

Again, a completely baseless point. Of course you can frame the arguement as an unconstitutional act, and it is ABSOLUTELY NOT a LEGAL power of the government. WHY oh why is this so hard for you to understand? I just don't get how any rational person beyond the age of 12 can not comprehend that in a FREE society, governed by the rule of law, backed by a constitutional authority, can even argue that this is a legal action of the government.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
The plan as stated makes people buy health insurance or makes you pay a penalty.
Those you say that cant afford it now how the fuck are they going to pay for it if they are force to??
Its not free health care.

How about all the people who get exemptions like unions. Why are the politicians who made the law exempt??

Page 8 of 9 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9

Moderated by  Derid 

Link Copied to Clipboard