KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 70 guests, and 15 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Stealth Hawk
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,027,385 Trump card
1,339,567 Picture Thread
478,260 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
#90732 07/18/11 05:41 AM
hydr Offline OP
Former KGB Member
OP Offline
Former KGB Member
Hi!

I just wanted to let everyone know about Perpetuum!

http://www.perpetuum-online.com/ http://www.perpetuum-online.com/

If you have played eve online, this game is very similar, it is pretty much eve online but with robots! I've been playing on the trial (15 day) and I've subbed 1 of 2 trials already after 2 days of play.

From what I understand the game came out the end of November (2010) and has had a steady increase in population, with a recent spike within the last month of eve players or ex eve players that are unhappy with the eve changes that happened not too long ago.

If any are interested this would be a good time to try out the game on the trial because the game very much feels like eve in the early days. Not everyone knows what's going on, since the population was small in the beginning of Perpetuum (just like eve) it's not like tons of other players out skill you per say. You'd be a new player along with lots of other new players that have started in just the past few weeks.

If you are into building, pvp, etc, try it out. I know it's hard to pull people into games like eve because skilling up takes time (real time), and one might feel like they need a couple months of training before they are affective in combat, but I didn't have too much trouble doing the combat assignments (equiv of a eve mission) after I finished all the tutorial assignments and got my first starting faction combat robot.

If anyone decides to try the game (again 15 day trial), and likes it, you can sub to the game for 10 dollars a month and that activates your account, no game to buy (pretty sweet deal imo)! Also you do not lose your trial time, so if you decide to sub after 1 day of play, you still get those unused trial days as part of your game time! I can also help anyone new to the game. I've only played for a few days, but as an eve player you pick up on things pretty quick, and just asking alot of questions and idleing in the help channel I've learned alot! I can get anyone started on courier missions and split my assignments with you till you have the relations (standing, reputation) to run higher level assignments. If you prefer combat assignments, no problem, I can still split my assignments with you to help boost your standing to get higher level assignments.

Anyway, if anyone has any questions, I'll be in vent. I'll try to check back to this post if anyone has questions too.

If you can't find me in vent, my 2 toons in game:

Robb Godfrey
Kurt Killborn

I'm always in the help channel.

One last thing, your starting faction does not matter too much (you can always cross train later but pick something you want to focus in for now), but if you have it in your mind for more combat, choose the options that are more combat oriented, if industry is your thing, choose those options during character creation, it's similar to eve.

I could say a bit more (about each faction type, robots, weapons, etc), even after only playing the game for a few days, but I'm still learning. If anyone has played the game and I missed something, please add, or correct me.

Thank you!

hydr #90742 07/18/11 01:38 PM
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
no, a bunch of guys did that already said it was the suck

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
hydr #90755 07/18/11 04:41 PM
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Tried it already. So unless they have made dramatic changes its EVE on the ground, only not as good as EVE.

If you like EVE, you may like this game. Personally, I thought it was crap, but then again I thought EVE was crap as well.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!

Link Copied to Clipboard