KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 8 guests, and 11 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Raist
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,020,252 Trump card
1,339,188 Picture Thread
478,020 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Seems Bernake, Paulson, and Geither were busy with secret bail out money that never made the light of day. Seems Goldman and three major Foreign Banks got a shit ton of more free money on the hush hush.

Wolfgang, let me translate this for you. That is your tax money as well, just like mine, and everyone else who is a wage slave paying into the current tax system. This isn't Bush's fault, this isn't Obama's fault, while the opportunity to crash the financial systems did come under their Presidency, it is the Federal Reserve, and only the Federal Reserve that is responsible for this fucking bailout fiasco.

Originally Posted By: Yahoo Finance

It's official. Through the persistence of Bloomberg's lawyers and the teeth of the Freedom Of Information Act we can now all add "Saint Omo" to our list of cool crisis acronyms that can impress (or scare away) people on the cocktail party circuit.

Saint Omo stands for the far less fun Short Term Open Market Operations, which was a lending entity dreamed up in the throws of the financial crisis, when Hank Paulson, Tim Geithner, and Ben Bernanke were secretly bailing out a fleet of sinking ships as fast as they possibly could, and in ways and amounts never seen before.

The latest revelation in this story is that Goldman Sachs (GS), enemy of the common man and vampire squid atop a cowering nation, imbibed itself on a $15 billion life line - the single biggest gulp of them all -- and of course, courtesy of Saint Omo, the Fed and therefore, us taxpayers.

Are you mad yet?

Depending on which version of this story you read, you are at least a little miffed but probably for different reasons. At least that's how it played out in our special joint session discussion, including our friend and Daily Ticker brother Aaron Task.

While the Goldman angle is certainly notable, for us it wasn't that important. At least compared to the fact that the entire process was done in secret and kept in secret like some sort of high level military operation. And also, while the Goldman loan was the largest, it was not the largest borrower in total. (In fact, Goldman's lump was smaller than the St. Omo borrowings of several foreign banks, including Deutsche Bank (DB), Credit Suisse (CS) and BNP Paribas (BNP.PA).

This is not a defense of Goldman Sachs any more than it is an indictment. If anything, our anger is more pointed towards the process than the players. While it is easy and maybe even justified to get angry about it, to me at least, it all just feels a little old and stale.

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Actually, I do not see how you can remove Bush from any Blame. His Treasury secretary did play a huge part.

But, by and large people do not seem to really care. They just like being angry. If people really gave a shit they would elect Ron Paul as Pres. Would cause me no end of amusement watching all the pigs feeding at gov't trough shrivel and die if they cant survive without it.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
That is a bunch of shit. And Derids right, until we get someone in the White house that's ACTUALLY willing to "CHANGE" Washington. We will keep getting the same bullshit. Every President sings and dances, it's time we get someone in office that doesn't get up and start dancing when they hear that same old tune. We need a President like Ron Paul, it's going to be the only way we get shit done.

Last edited by Wolfgang; 07/07/11 04:17 PM.
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Link to article?

Former KGB Member
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Salohcin Dragon
Link to article?

Sheesh, this is what's wrong the country these days. People are to lazy to research shit. It say's Original post was "Yahoo Finance" I'm guessing if you go to yahoo and lookup their finance page from Friday, that you will probably find it.

KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight

I am Wrath, I am Steel, I am the Mercy of Angels.
mors est merces mea – death is my reward
morte in vitam non habet tenaci - Death has no grip on Life.
[Linked Image from i.redd.it]
Tasorin Offline OP
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
OP Offline
KGB (F4) Chancellor
Crowfall Faction
Link to article?

That was the whole article.

Here is your sign...

Don't make me have'ta Troll ya Bro!
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Originally Posted By: Wolfgang
Link to article?

Sheesh, this is what's wrong the country these days. People are to lazy to research shit. It say's Original post was "Yahoo Finance" I'm guessing if you go to yahoo and lookup their finance page from Friday, that you will probably find it.

I went to YF, didn't spot it. Sheesh.

Former KGB Member
KGB Knight
KGB Knight
WOW this thread sounds like a Ron Paul for president ad YIKES!

KGB Knight
KGB Knight
We all act like the American people would support the kind of change we need, and each group will, as long as every other group pays but not my group.....oh god no.

It is going to take some very hard times to get the kind of support needed for the change we need.

On the bright side, as the baby boomers die and the numbers of working and retired even out.....it should help a lot hahaha so look for my obit and rejoice for I was born in the last official year of the baby boom....as I understand it :P

Page 1 of 2 1 2

Link Copied to Clipboard