KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 63 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,088 Trump card
1,340,400 Picture Thread
478,794 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3
KGB Supreme Knight
KGB Supreme Knight
Talk is cheap Taser the fuckers.

KGB Arch Duke
KGB Arch Duke
As an ex-cop I agree with what the officers did, you get burnt ONCE giving someone the benefit of the doubt and the they go psycho on you and you go back to what they teach in the academy.

Use the MAXIMUM JUSTIFIABLE FORCE to stop the situation, use it ONCE.

Hak

Hakaryu Lionheart
Former Member
Former Member
Stuff like this is what scares me about the future of America.

KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Originally Posted By: Hakaryu_Lionheart
As an ex-cop I agree with what the officers did, you get burnt ONCE giving someone the benefit of the doubt and the they go psycho on you and you go back to what they teach in the academy.

Use the MAXIMUM JUSTIFIABLE FORCE to stop the situation, use it ONCE.

Hak

I have a friend that's in the ATF now. Before that he took a job with the Kansas City police force. He was shot in the foot from a ricochet after getting shot at 9 times. This was just within his 6 months of being on the force. Once he was released to fulltime duty. New years eve he was in downtown KC. A guy was getting a little rowdy, so he asked him to either calm down or leave. The guy lunged and swung at my buddy. He jumped back pulled his weapon on the guy and told him to get down on the ground. The guy wouldn't budge, since the guy wasn't taking directions he couldn't shoot him. All this while his partner was making his way through the crowd to him. My friend holstered his gun, and when he did the guy lunged again. This time he pulled a knife and my buddy was able to grab his hand with the knife. They were on the ground fighting and luckily his partner got to them. Because the guy was trying for my friends gun. After more struggling, they were able to finally cuff him.

My buddy said they guy was well dressed and looked to be in his early 20's. He thought the guy was just someone from college that had a few to many. Come to find out this guy had a previous record, mainly with drugs. He also had some kind of weapons charge on him. Anyway, this guy was baked out of his mind on LSD. He gave the guy a benefit of the doubt. He said he learned a very valuable lesson that could have cost him his life. Never let your guard down, because you simply do not know who you're messing with.

Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
PHA..guy was lucky it was your buddy and not some other cops, regardless. It absolutely drives me fucking nuts that people believe because they can act a certain way, that anyone interferring with them is violating their rights and abusing them. Pathetic country of entitlement issue people who forgot what it was to have respect for others, and the officers who have chosen to serve them.

Everything is always about the cops. Guess what, your kid gets in my face, I am taking your kid out. Period. If that means I get to slap some cuffs on him and put him in jail cause you did not teach him proper respect, cool. If you come and get in my face, you can sit in a cell beside him. No one, and I mean no one, is "entitled" and the problem abounds with people who have decided they are and their children are worse. I have a cousin who was ass beaten by the cops in Mesa Arizona. Cops came to his house on a domestic, he decides they have no right to be there since the disturbance was not physical, just a lot of screaming and yelling with his wife. His story is that the cops determined that one of them needed to leave for a sufficient amount of time to allow for a cooling off. No jail, nada, just one leave. He gets in a cops face, tells the cop he has no right to make that determination in a situation that was none of his business, and pokes the cop in the chest and tells him to get his ass out of his house. Cop goes to place him under arrest for assault (yup, poke a cop, pay the price) he dedices no way is he going to jail. He starts fighting back. 3 cops and his bloody ass in a patrol car later, and his parents are screaming police brutality and hiring lawyers and call me to come testify for him. I laughed my ass off, told them I would be more than happy to come testify that he used to be a level headed guy who obviously lost his mind. They wont be inviting me to visit anytime soon.

Do not get me wrong. Lots of bad cops with power issues, and used to be the local punk who had no ability to protect themselves. Does not matter, they are still the cops. First word out of your mouth is sir, I will comply with your lawful direction, and you have no issues. Failure to do so and you get no sympathy from me for anything they do to you within lawful reason. And before you ask, lawful reason is any direction given by them within the law, that you should obey. I do not care how you feel, or what you think your rights are. if the police show for any reason, it is their playground. You don't like that, then don't do things that might bring them. Your not above the law and they are empowered to enforce the law. Don't like that, their are plenty of countries you can go live in where the police are powerless. Try any major city in Mexico.

There are simply to many people who believe they can do as they please, when they please. To many children who have been coddled and pampered by mommmy and daddy, given everything they ever wanted and it still is not enough, and now, they believe Mommy and Daddy will keep them safe. Gold collar kids, who earn good livings, live at home with Mom and Dad, the parents pay all the bills and the kids keep their own money and live the good life. And then join some organization such as these twits, cause good grass roots movements draw the babes and they might get laid. Puh fucking puhlease...

*sorry...this stuff just gets under my skins in a way nothing else does.*

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court

Cops arent supposed to be above the law either. I find some of the power worship here... disturbing. If police arent watched closely, and allowed to act as they please then the effects are just as bad as if the police have no power.

I will agree that confronting them directly is stupid though.There are much smarter ways to deal with asshat cops. Keep your mouth shut, tell it to the judge, and file a dozen disciplinary complaints - if you have a real issue with the cops. Arguing with them does not good, unless your taping a video for the internet.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Derid #89357 06/05/11 07:12 PM
Former KGB Member
Former KGB Member
Let me be clear, I am not power worshiping. I have plenty of cop bretheren who should never have been given a badge. You want to take action, do it the smart way. Otherwise, you will simply lose. You have legitimate complaints, then file them.

I find the statement "If police aren't watched closely" as disturbing and offensive as one I have ever read. You implication is that anyone wearing a badge can not be trusted to do the job they are sworn to do without succumbing to unlawful behavior. That is not only improbable, it is also unjust.

And argueing with them never does any good, video or not. LOL.

(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
(G6) KGB Warlord
KGB Federal Faction
Freedom with responsibility and authority with discipline and constant evaluation.

The American way.

Edit: The eyes of the ranger are upon you!

Last edited by Donkleaps; 06/05/11 09:07 PM.

KGB Paladin
KGB Paladin
This is one of the main reasons I am glad our department mandates the use of cameras and audio recording.

Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
Chief Justice
KGB Supreme Court
http://english.aljazeera.net/indepth/features/2011/06/201162114131825860.html

Unfortunately, not all departments do. Some stick a gun in your face and smash your camera if you record them.

Now, to prevent potential straw-men, I am not arguing that the cops in this case were not justified in shooting up the dude in that car. I do not know, you could not see in the window - for all I know he had wrapped a turban around his head and grabbed something that looked like a bomb detonator.

But as to the cops who went, stuck a gun in the face of the people filming, then smashed their shit; know that this type of behavior is a common occurance. As you said Vuldan, many of the cops you know arent worthy of the badge.

So, offended or not; I find it imperative that authority be held on an extremely tight civilian leash. I know some cops chafe at that, and feel, sometimes rightly - that they could do a better job of protecting if they weren't tied down by pesky things like procedure, and civil rights.

But the fact that they are, is what differentiates a proper USA police officer from a Syrian Shabbiha or Iranian Basiji. If people do not have de facto rights, and accountability is nor enforced, then laws are just so many pretty words.

For who could be free when every other man's humour might domineer over him? - John Locke (2nd Treatise, sect 57)
Page 3 of 3 1 2 3

Link Copied to Clipboard