KGB Information
Untitled 1

Visit KGB HQ
www.the-kgb.com

Who's Online Now
0 members (), 63 guests, and 25 robots.
Key: Admin, Global Mod, Mod
ShoutChat
Comment Guidelines: Do post respectful and insightful comments. Don't flame, hate, spam.
Today's Birthdays
Winter
Newest Members
Luckystrikes, Shingen, BillNyeCommieSpy, Lamp, AllenGlines
1,477 Registered Users
Forum Statistics
Forums53
Topics13,094
Posts116,355
Members1,477
Most Online276
Aug 3rd, 2023
Top Likes Received (30 Days)
None yet
Top Posters(30 Days)
Popular Topics(Views)
2,031,088 Trump card
1,340,400 Picture Thread
478,794 Romney
Previous Thread
Next Thread
Print Thread
Rate Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4
#87709 04/23/11 09:46 PM
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
If we don’t do better at KEEPING new members it makes no sense to bother to try recruit. We lose almost 98% of those we recruit.

I suggest we:

1. Make it easy for them to get here.
Get cKGB volunteers to either bind or have access to every Racial Alliance (To make it easier for them to get here – pass runes).

I suggest if possible we get one to bind to marshrall. This why we doing need to ‘rank up’ people who we don’t even know (I think this is insane)

[My crafter I keep bound to a ork City and he can trade with Ismash]

2. Make it easy for them to survive or handle the deaths so they don’t go elsewhere or quit.

3. Help them understand what is expected of them (when to show up and what they should have) like defending the city, seiging, etc.

4. Mentor them, new people go for gold, wear their best shit, and go back to newbie towns when they die.

Anybody else have ideas?

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 04/23/11 09:50 PM.
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
(GM10) KGB High King
KGB Federal Faction
(F5) High Chancellor
KGB New World Faction
KGB Oracle Administrator
Founded KGB in 1997
Hey Smash, please help me understand this part of your post. I think you were distracted and butchered it.

"This why we doing need to ‘rank up’ people who we don’t even know (I think this is insane)"

[Linked Image from w3.the-kgb.com][Linked Image from oracle.the-kgb.com]
Star Citizen Hanger:
RSI Javelin Destroyer, Hull E, RSI Constellation Pheonix, Aegis Dynamics Retaliator, Banu Merchantman
F7A Military Hornet Upgrade, F7C-S Hornet Ghost, F7C-R Hornet Tracker, Origin 325a Fighter
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Sorry, perhaps I shouldn't post while I am standing around Marsrall trying to defend.

I am mentioning ranking up peeps to get things out of the KGB bank (runes/portal shards). I have seen brand new people we don't even 'know' who later leave to go to another guild (when all our assets happen to disappear) get ranked up to get something out of KGB clan bank.

This is a issue with game mechanics that I suggest we adapt to, without risking KGB assets. A cKGB in every alliance area can hand a rune or portal shard to people, not only recruits but anybody else.

Having peeps in every racial alliance area will prevent a noob with no skills from having to navigate to whatever location we happen to be hanging at or offer them the guild bank.

This post is in effort to make it easier to get peeps here and make them stay here (and maybe not risks KGB assets in the process)

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 04/24/11 06:22 AM.
KGB Supreme Court Justice
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
My 2c.

Considering that KGB doesn't have stable (or safe) home base moving players out of starting locations is not a good idea. It certainly made my life a lot harder when I had to re-learn surroundings multiple times. Plus harder spawns, plus city getting raided.

Ideal assistance should come in following form:

a. Gear. Bag of crafted R40 weapons, bag of bone/banded armor.
b. Showing spawns around _starting_ city
c. Sitting down and answering questions, let go to separate vent channel and I will answer any question you have way...
d. Gold for meditation
e. PvP practice - help understand PvP by dueling and/or showing the ropes.

Last edited by sinij; 04/24/11 08:08 AM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #87756 04/25/11 05:16 PM
Former Member
Former Member
Was talking to smash the other night and we both seemed to agree that sponsors need to take more of an active roll in guiding new members(in the ways of KGB and the game if newer) That or possible having someone else assigned that task, Any member should have only 1 recruit to guide..... hands on.

Missing in Action - October 2021
Missing in Action - October 2021
Originally Posted By: NOC EhWoL
Was talking to smash the other night and we both seemed to agree that sponsors need to take more of an active roll in guiding new members(in the ways of KGB and the game if newer) That or possible having someone else assigned that task, Any member should have only 1 recruit to guide..... hands on.

Agreed !!

[Linked Image from nodiatis.com]
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Couple ideas:

1. Sponsored Kraken runs - set times 1 or 2 times a week. Take more than minimal number of player needed to run it (& maybe bigger ship?)

2. Red vs. Blue training matches, controlled baby steps PvP training in group settings.

3. Guild dungeon crawl - go take over not-very-popular dungeon, get some gold, possibly get "good odds" easy PvP.

Couple more things - we need group tactics and someone in charge of giving orders, calling targets, designate roles. SB had strong group play, DF from what I have seen does not. Is it just KGB disorganized or it doesn't exist?

City/Hamlet control. Can we get _something_ that we can control? Squatting dilutes our identity.

[Linked Image]
Sini #87894 04/28/11 05:54 PM
Corpus Offline OP
KGB Supreme Knight
OP Offline
KGB Supreme Knight
Sinij,

I used to strongly agree that new people should train in newbie areas, but experience has taught me most of these people do not return. The last time I gave gear out the new person came from Ork lands to MS to get 10 sets of scale, a bag full of R40 axes, and 2K Helbore (he was working alchemistry). He went back to newbie lands later that night and I never saw him with KGB again, a week or so later he was off the roster.

Most of the new people who stays in newbie lands don’t join KGB except in tag for a short period. What happens is at most we are a party chat club to them, we don’t run to new flayed elf to help them, we don’t develop relationship/trust. Really what good does KGB do for somebody living out of newbie town? They are more likely to develop relationships with guilds that do hang out there, in fact new members may be getting griefed by these guilds and what is KGB doing to protect them? Many of those guilds DO protect newbies by running out when a red is about.

One of the things that helped change my mind (besides the disappearing recruits) is watching Prism get GA up to mastery level I believe, wearing shit gear at the salamanders outside ms. I did the same thing with my merchant (to 60) near a ork town (he was red to most of ms) in a short period of time. Most of the new people reach for hard mobs and more gold, so they wear expensive stuff, get rolled, barely are able to hit the mob because they are running off to heal all the time, or comign back to loot thier corpse all pissed off.

Kracken runs are doable if we can get a good crew together. Can’t have too many new peeps at a time in the event somebody tries to jack the boat. Most of the experienced players can earn that much gold without risking a boat, on the mobs around ms.

I do think dungeon runs are a good idea too, but hard to organize. The last organized event Grizo organized I was the only other who showed up and it was to farm good gold making mobs.

As far as giving new peeps gold, I personal don’t have much gold and never spent 1 on meditation points. I actually thinks this hurt new players as again they are out trying to farm mobs higher than their skill to get gold for off line skill gains and need it more than ever because they aren’t gaining skills in game.

When we can field more people than DHOV does than maybe we can keep a hamlet, today it would be a loss. Practice defending MS a lot to get an idea.

Last edited by Ismash Grimblood; 04/28/11 05:56 PM.
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
KGB Paladin
King's High Council
Ismash,

I will be blunt. In the current state of affairs, following KGB is even less helpful than leaving someone in newbie lands. MS is a revolving door of apathetic 'alliance' and constant rowing red ganks. I don't even know why we are in this alliance, but that is entirely different topic for a different thread.

Not to disrespect Prism's admirable achievements, but gridning salamanders won't get you meditation gold, reg gold or regs or enough HPs to not die in 1 hit. Even maxed melee mastery won't get you anywhere near combat ready. You need gold to meditate stats and magic skills, or you need gold to buy regs to macro stats and magic skills.

Last edited by sinij; 05/02/11 09:25 PM.

[Linked Image]
Sini #88014 05/03/11 02:03 AM
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
KGB Supreme Knight
King's High Council
Originally Posted By: sinij
Ismash,

I will be blunt. In the current state of affairs, following KGB is even less helpful than leaving someone in newbie lands. MS is a revolving door of apathetic 'alliance' and constant rowing red ganks. I don't even know why we are in this alliance, but that is entirely different topic for a different thread.

Not to disrespect Prism's admirable achievements, but gridning salamanders won't get you meditation gold, reg gold or regs or enough HPs to not die in 1 hit. Even maxed melee mastery won't get you anywhere near combat ready. You need gold to meditate stats and magic skills, or you need gold to buy regs to macro stats and magic skills.

The game is at least a quarter easy than it was a year ago.
An year ago you probably would get interrupt twice more times by a gang of reds interrupting anything whoever you were doing.

The alliance thing you will not get(understand), because we are playing this game for almost 2 years and had partner up with dozens of different guilds and its really a different topic.

If you cannot skill up now, get gold and etc, right now, I do not know what to talk to you, because people were able to do that in the past and it was more painfull that it was now, and was too a reason to people quit.

Darkfall is a painful experience, a challenge beyond any game made before, I can say is not fun for newer players(and people used to the mmo thematic park), the concept of full loot with few resources to skill up, together with FPS skill level and slowly MMO advancement,get the conflict of skill up to a new level.

Maybe is that the objective of the developers of this game, or you get the challenge of skill up slowyly and painfully for more than a year or just give up, on this problematic game.

What you want to do with your limited freetime,
Play a painfull niche game with few people? I do not think so. Only fewer people can do that or want to do that, maybe they are Sadomasochism or whatever, and even when people want take this challenge when they had a good developed toon, they become aware that they still are completely destroyed by other player, or other group of players, and finally quit, because beyond any grind, DF takes more than any other MMO that I played, and like you I played several others MMOs.

Honestly I do not know why I still playing DF, I think is because the challenge, Im intellectually challenged by this game, mabye Ill not stop until I master all human players skills and group coordination skills to be succefull(my brother and my cousin still skilling up). Maybe I quit like the others blaming this or that or giving a lame excuse like others, who knows!

Do not take personally, but I could bet if you or other KGBers were give a fully leveled maxed char in DF, you end quit in 1 month later, blamming another broken aspect of the game.

Ex. Vuldan,Wolfang,Mor lander,Donk,Darka,Represent,Jaguar..the list is huge, they all had more than ready pvp chars(most of they grinded for 2 year, daily), they all left DF blamming one or other broken aspect of the game. In the final, they had no more fun, or got pwned by kids too many times, and decided that was enough, after all grind and time spent.

Can you compete with kids that have 24/7 hours to play in a full loot, high level human skill game,flooded with bugs and bad mechanics?
Vuldan,Wolfgang,Donk,Darka like you they had normal life, jobs, family etcs.. If hypothetically they had all time like the powerhouse members guilds TSL,Sick bastards and the reds that come do harassment on us everyday, the history would end different.

Can we blame you or them, for not have fun in the game?
NO. So time to move on.

Last edited by Mithus; 05/03/11 04:11 AM.

Animal Ethics: "I tremble for my species when I reflect that god is just." Thomas Jefferson.
[Linked Image from the-kgb.com]
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4

Link Copied to Clipboard